Rate these 4 Alt Rosters 0-12, 1 per game. Rate each individually.

I'm going to say my thoughts on each one with two answers each. One with the knowledge of the actual Game's roster. And one if somehow it had actually been the roster of the game.

3D Player 2004 said:
Alt N64:

Mario Luigi Yoshi Donkey Kong Pikachu Link
Kirby Fox Samus Pit Captain Falcon Ness

With SSB64's Real Roster in mind: So... Basically no change except for Jigglypuff replaced with Pit. Even though it's not that bad of a difference. I'm still one of those that would feel something is missing if a Smash game were to remove any of the Original 12. So from this angle it's a 9/12

If it had been the real roster: Being young as I was then I probably wouldn't have minded then. Cause no knowledge whatsoever of Jigglypuff having been a choice. Pit would of just been another unknown character that I'd get to know like with Ness and Captain Falcon. And at that time Pit did have a Game Boy sequel to Kid Icarus so it would have made at least some sense to include him. So this is a 12/12 from this point of view.

Alt Melee:

Mario Luigi Peach Bowser Yoshi
Donkey Kong Pikachu Meganium Typhlosion Feraligatr
Link Zelda/Shiek Ganondorf Kirby King Dedede
Fox Falco Samus Pit Captain Falcon
Ness Marth Roy Banjo&Kazooie Olimar

With Melee's Real Roster in Mind: So the removals are... Dr. Mario, Mr. Game and Watch, Ice Climbers, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Pichu, and Young Link. And in their place are the three starters of Gen 2 fully evolved, Pit, Olimar, and... Banjo Kazooie.

While I would like the removals of Dr. Mario, Pichu, and Young Link. I feel cutting the other four removes some really unique movesets. Olimar is way too new at this point. And while Melee did release before Rare was officially bought by Microsoft. And it'd be a welcome addition. But it would be kinda shortlived. Because when Brawl came out, you couldn't return Banjo because they were Microsoft's property now. But honestly really, why the fully evolved starters of the 2nd generation instead of Mewtwo and Jigglypuff? I'm giving this a 6/12

If it had been the real Roster: It still wouldn't have held up. Too many newer additions. The Gen 2 fully evolved starters the most baffling. Might of been at least a little better if it had been the Gen 1 starters. As at least they had some history at that point. Banjo I suppose would have been alright because at the time Banjo was still Nintendo property. Still, the only thing that makes it higher then my previous score slightly is I wouldn't know other wise. This is a 7/12

Alt Brawl:

Mario Luigi Peach Daisy Bowser Yoshi Wario
Donkey Kong Diddy Kong Dixie Kong Pikachu Torterra Infernape Empoleon
Link Zelda/Shiek Ganondorf Midna Kirby King Dedede Meta Knight
Fox Falco Wolf Samus/ZSS Ridley Pit Captain Falcon
Lucas Marth Ike Olimar Villager Sonic Snake

With Brawl's Roster in Mind: Removals are Mr. Game and Watch, Ice Climbers, Jiggypuff, Lucario, Ness, ROB, Squirtle, Charizard, Ivysaur, and Toon Link. And in there place is Daisy, the Gen 5 Starters fully evolved, Midna, Ridley, Dixie Kong, and Villager.

Ok, this your worst one. You cut many unique veterans. And while Jigglypuff is already hard to lose to begin with. You cut Ness. I don't think any Smash Bros. fan would be insane enough to think cutting two of the original 12 is a good idea. And while Ridley is a really popular choice and would be applauded. Even Ridley's not worth having three pokemon from a game that was not even released at the time Brawl was out plus Daisy and Midna. Midna was too new and haven't really showed any worth for a new LoZ spot. And Daisy still does not earned any more of a role in Smash other then being a palette swap option for Peach. This is a 2/12

If it had been the real roster: Then I would of been thinking what the hell is Nintendo thinking. I would of been happy with Sonic still being there of course. But still Daisy, Midna, and Three Pokemon from a game that was not released yet would leave me scratching my head. 3/12

Alt WiiU/3DS:

Mario Luigi Peach Daisy Bowser Rosalina Donkey Kong Diddy Kong Dixie Kong Yoshi
Wario Waluigi Pikachu Chesnaught Delphox Greninja Sceptile Blaziken Swampert Olimar
Link Zelda Shiek Ganondorf Ghirahim Kirby King Dedede Meta Knight Pit Palutena
Fox Falco Wolf Krystal Samus ZSS Ridley Captain Falcon Lucas Ness
Marth Chrom Ike Villager Shulk Sonic Tails Snake Megaman Pac-Man

Now I'm just going to judge it from what we know so far. Because we don't know the full roster I can't do a comparison with the game's roster. What you don't have of Smash 4's roster thus far: Charizard, Little Mac, Lucario, Mii Fighters, and Wii Fit Trainer. In there place you have Daisy, Dixie Kong, Waluigi, Gen 6 Starters Fully evolved, Gen 3 Starters Fully Evolved, Ghirahim, Krystal, Chrom, Shulk, and Tails

Er... while this isn't as bad as your Brawl choices. As for one it brings back Ness. It has it's own problems. Like one pokemon too many, especially when you have Gen 6 and Gen 3 together. I know Gen 3's getting a remake, but you can't just include all 3 along with the Gen 6 starters. Plus you removed a character that's popular to the longtime nintendo fans with Little Mac and you removed a character that's from some of the most successfull games of the Wii with the Mii Fighters and a lesser extent the Wii Fit Trainer. I admit there's a few things I kinda like even if most people don't in there. But this really would not be the best roster.

I think so far it's a 5/12

Vommack said:
Her voice is tomboyish...how?

If appearing in Mario Strikers Charged means you're a tomboy, Peach is one too.

Daisy has some more attitude than Peach in Mario Strikers Charged. You can see when she scores a point or if she's losing.

Vommack said:
Cirdec said:
Vommack said:
Alright, seriously, when does Daisy ever show being tomboyish? We're told and expected to believe she's a tomboy, but does she ever actually do anything that matches that? The most personality I've ever seen out of her is "HI I'M DAISY".

Her voice. Mario Strike Charged.
Her voice is tomboyish...how?

If appearing in Mario Strikers Charged means you're a tomboy, Peach is one too.

She is very cheerful in her voice and she says she hates losing.
For Mario Strikers Charged, what Baby Luigi said.

Back