Next Paper Mario game (Likely on Wii U)

The Super Paper Mario characters look different probably because they're all from different dimensions.

Anyhoo, I agree that Nintendo should really try giving their characters... well... character. Hence why I think Daisy should get a main role in a story. And Waluigi, too, while we're at it. They can't have character development if they aren't given the chance to develop.

Nibbs said:
Also @ FTG's video, those 69 people who were butthurt about being tricked lol.

it's their fault for being tricked, really

Nibbs said:
yeah I agree fuck them for not liking a guy who did a pretty prickish thing to them

Mumbo Jumbo said:
Nibbs said:
yeah I agree *bleep* them for not liking a guy who did a pretty prickish thing to them
Really?

I think "healthy skepticism" should be a trait they have.

Oh, I didn't even realise there were 5 extra pages on this. So FTG created it? Cool I guess.

Well, I realised that I actually wouldn't mind a Paper Mario 64 remake because of it.

I've been wanting a PM64 remake for a while now.

Mario Party Σ said:
Mumbo Jumbo said:
Nibbs said:
yeah I agree *bleep* them for not liking a guy who did a pretty prickish thing to them
Really?

I agree, those people who did believe it should've been more skeptical. it is partially their own fault that their hopes were erected and then dashed. however I don't condemn anyone for being angry at FTG because he's also at fault as he's the one who made the fake which erected and dashed those people's hopes.

Mumbo Jumbo said:
Mario Party Σ said:
Mumbo Jumbo said:
Nibbs said:
Really?

I agree, those people who did believe it should've been more skeptical. it is partially their own fault that their hopes were erected and then dashed. however I don't condemn anyone for being angry at FTG because he's also at fault as he's the one who made the fake which erected and dashed those people's hopes.
So what you're saying is, both parties are to blame for hopes being erected and then dashed.

Yeah, I'm not exactly the type who condones fake "leaks" either.

Well yeah I guess they could use a little more humility :P

Mcmadness said:
I concur, though I'd prefer both on the wii u.

Or heck, a package deal with all the Paper Mario games in one disc for Wii U. I'd be all over that!

The Janitor said:
Welcome!

i dont see where ttyd needs a graphical update, unless they want to bring the entire series to the level of sticker star, which at least was the graphically best looking game (minus the enemy redesigns).

pm64 could definetly use a remake because it would be interesting to see if the game loses some of it's appeal when the graphics do not look as unique anymore.

Thanks Mr. Janitor!

It doesn't need a graphical update per se (no more than did The Wind Waker), but those crisp, colorful visuals in HD would be a luscious sight to see.

As for PM 64, to be honest I was never really impressed with the graphics in that one--they always looked too grainy to me. I loved the art style of course, but it just didn't look "clean" enough. Also, the soundtrack sounds grating to me too, like one or two instruments are too high-pitched and/or low-quality. This game could benefit the most from an upgrade!

Rayquaza said:
Greetings! I'm Meta Knight despite my current appearance.

As much as I like TTYD, a remake just seems a little too soon. I'm not a real big fan of GCN games being remade at the moment. What's next, Wii games can't be playable on the next console so they just remake all the Wii games?

Thanks! I can't help but think Rayquaza, though. :P I've never played a Pokemon game before, but your set does bring back lovely memories of Super Smash Bros. Brawl and The Subspace Emissary. (Yes, I'm one of the few who loved TSE. In fact, this might be a good idea for that Unpopular Opinions thread!)

I don't mind the remakes really. I thought it was too soon for The Wind Waker, but (ironically) I would love to see Twilight Princess redone.

Nozomi Toujou said:
Goddangit Mcmadness, I thought it was known to everyone that Poochy is our lord, master, and saviour.

Well, with PM64, it might need a graphic overhaul, like with MM3D, unless you're talking Virtual Console ((which I believe is discontinued)). It would be fine either way to me, though.

Poochy ain't stupid! Unless we're talking about the stage with that name, in which case one can't help but come to the opposite conclusion.

And yes, I was thinking of Paper Mario 3D, in the same vein as Majora's Mask 3D and Ocarina of Time 3D. Outside of those two, it's the N64 game I most want to see upgraded!

I don't know what all you guys are talking about, but MY lord and master is Lord Bowser. ALL HAIL THE KOOPA KING! :bowser:
And prince. :bowjr:
And the Koopalings, because headcanon. *insert Koopaling emotes here*

Poochy is just a running gag around here, but I either accept Pirate Goomba or Mario. The rest are just wanna-bes.

Show's you how often I'm on here. Wait, not often. What's the opposite of that?
*1 quick thesaurus search later*
Infrequently.

Also shows you how deeply I browse the boards. I'm too lazy to look up another antonym, even though the Thesaurus tab is still open.

Rew said:
Mario Party Σ said:
Poochy is just a running gag around here, but I either accept Pirate Goomba or Mario. The rest are just wanna-bes.

Pirate Goomba?
Mario Party 8

Back