What was the very first video game you played?

Lord Bowser

listen
Banned User
Post the first video game you recall playing, and give some info on how it was to you at the time.

The first game I played was Kirby Super Star for the SNES. I played it with my older sister, but I had absolutely no idea what the hell I was doing so she kept making me a Helper so I could kill myself without penalty.

Pokemon Yellow I believe. Now that I've played through it while I can understand what's going on, I think it turns out I was in Vermilion City (probably) and I was using a pokemon that knew Ice Beam on everything on the route above it (Nidoking? idk if he learns Ice Beam). I ran out of pokeballs and PP for Ice Beam and I had no idea how to fix that. I found the pokemon center but I had no idea what that did and I was looking for the shop so I could buy millions of poke balls but I never found it.

Either Super Mario Bros. or Super Mario Bros. 3, I don't know exactly since I played them both on the same occasion.

I think Pac-Man, Dig Dug, New Rally X and Galaga came shortly after, as in anywhere from a few minutes to a few days.

Then there was a pretty big gap of no gaming whatsoever until I first played Mario Kart 64, which is the first game I fondly remember playing.

If I recall correctly it was Spongebob Squarepants: Supersponge on the GBA. I distinctly remember repeatedly missing a jump on the first level, then I was stuck on the level "Lava Fields" for years until I finally got around to beating it. Final boss was ridiculously easy, lol.

either metroid or super mario bros.

one of them was enjoyable, the other not so much.

Pokemon Leaf Green

It was really damned good. I honestly don't know why mom decided to pick this up as my first game, but she did, and I got it alongside my Game Boy Advance SP. I ended up losing the game a few years ago. Bummer. But back then, nothing else could really hold my interest for 5 seconds besides that, but I eventually got more games (Super Mario Advance 2 and 4, Sonic Mega Collection on my Gamecube, Kirby Air Ride, etc.), and now days I have a lot of things that hold my interest (Pokemon Y, Mario Kart 8, this website, etc.), so it's nice to see that my love of Video Games passed on to my teenage years.

Super Smash Bros.

Pokémon Snap

it was either some Spyro game, LOTR:FOTR, Rad Racer, SMB/Duck Hunt, SMB2, or SMB3

I am younger, so... I got the Wii when it launched for Christmas and my first memories are of Wii Sports. Wii Play came about 10 minutes later, but don't quote me on that. Might have been vice versa.

Mio Akiyama said:
Pokemon Yellow I believe. Now that I've played through it while I can understand what's going on, I think it turns out I was in Vermilion City (probably) and I was using a pokemon that knew Ice Beam on everything on the route above it (Nidoking? idk if he learns Ice Beam). I ran out of pokeballs and PP for Ice Beam and I had no idea how to fix that. I found the pokemon center but I had no idea what that did and I was looking for the shop so I could buy millions of poke balls but I never found it.
this was my first game too, i got the pikachu gbc bundle which i still have and everything that was included in it
man just looking at that box gives me memories

but anyway i cant beleive you past fucken pewter city
i was stuck at pewter city for years
i mean christ
you have pikachu, an electric type, weak to ground
theres bugs and birds everywhere that are weak to ground/rock
normal moves are 1/2 effective against rock
the only thing that works is a primape, but who thought of that shit when they were fucken 5
i wanted to be like ash in the anime but better and use pikachu to hit sprinklers somehow or just destroy brock but that never worked so i gave up

Dunno which one came first, but I played a lot of Atari 2600 games. We had Chopper Command, Keystone Kapers, Asteroid, Pac-Man, Pong and Space Invaders, among a couple other random ones like Skiing.

After that, it was either Pokemon Red or Super Mario World - I can't remember which we got first.

Ritsu Tainaka said:
Mio Akiyama said:
this was my first game too, i got the pikachu gbc bundle which i still have and everything that was included in it
man just looking at that box gives me memories

but anyway i cant beleive you past fucken pewter city
i was stuck at pewter city for years
i mean christ
you have pikachu, an electric type, weak to ground
theres bugs and birds everywhere that are weak to ground/rock
normal moves are 1/2 effective against rock
the only thing that works is a primape, but who thought of that shit when they were fucken 5
i wanted to be like ash in the anime but better and use pikachu to hit sprinklers somehow or just destroy brock but that never worked so i gave up
Mankey was my main man, never leave without one. Just don't ask how I passed Mt. Moon because I have no idea how I did.

Back