Big Brother 16

Morty said:
I don't even consider the boos/cheers as an indicator of anything real or rational because the American viewing public quite frankly has fucking shit taste.

The real factor here is Julie's line of questioning. No one will ever surpass Aaryn with that.

Welp, I see someone that's still a Frankie fan... :P

TBH, I'm disappointed in Julie for not hammering Amanda like she did with Aaryn when both Amanda and GM were saying stuff just as bad if not worse than what Aaryn said. Aaryn deserved that, and I'm really glad Julie didn't do what all Aaryn haters wanted, which was to basically put down Aaryn without trying to fix her ignorance.

Yeah I'm still rooting for Frankie but it has no bearing on my statement. Frankie, Christine, Brittany, Paola, and Victoria have been my faves the entire time.

What I said was a general statement but mostly in reference Christine, who I feel was shafted by that whole exposé a week or so ago that kinda made her out to be an adulterer with both parents disapproving. It really turned the American public against her which I'm certain is why she was booed. If she was a terrible person in a real way then I'm sure Julie would've grilled her for it, but she didn't.

I'm hoping that Victoria suddenly turns out and wins competitions and wrecks the shit out of everyone else in the house. She still has 2 chances. I really don't want to see Derrick, Cody, or Caleb win, especially if the scenario is like Derrick vs Frankie and Derrick wins because "boo hoo he's only middle class with a well-paying job and a pension and retirement, not upper class :'( ". I reallllllly don't like it when outside factors such as who needs the money the most plays a part in determining who wins the game.

I'm hoping that Frankie goes out next, gets boo'd as well (which is basically a garuntee; no offense to you Anton), Caleb then, and Derrick wins Final HoH and takes Victoria with him to the end over Cody.

lol if he pulls that move at the end and goes for the easy win I can totally see them just voting for Victoria to win. I hope they show another thing at the jury house so we can get a feel about what they're thinking (who knows maybe they have, I've missed the episodes for like the past 2 weeks).

What has Derrick really done? Told Cody what to go tell Caleb to go tell Frankie the whole game? Like sure yeah he has manipulated things but he's been way too quiet about it to actually attribute it to his own good gameplay. He's dampened every potentially exciting move and has made the show really boring to watch. He's been riding by on his sob story about having no money and having to afford his kid and wtf go play the fucking lottery then or get a 2nd job, don't go on a game show to win by fake pity.

Well, I don't like Derrick much, but he's the one most deserving. He has won 3 HoHs, stayed HoH for 2 of them, and has influenced so much of the game. He has had a strong social game, and people like Hayden and Nicole know that. Why else would Nicole be comparing him to Dan?

Speaking of which, Dan his first season just stay around and read his bible to avoid the conflict and getting blood on his hands. He won with a vote of 7-0, because he knew how to talk to the other players. He was able to end on a good note with Nicole and Donny when they left, and he has been working on Victoria in the event that she goes home next. The jury could easily vote Derrick to win over Frankie due to the fact that while Frankie won stuff, he had a terrible social game and pissed off too many of the jury members as they stand. Jocasta, Hayden, Donny, Nicole, and Victoria will probably all vote Derrick, Cody, or Caleb over Frankie.

One thing I know is that Caleb and Cody are kicking themselves in the butt for not backdooring Frankie the two opporunities they had. And I'm just like "god; why was there no reset button for Donny or Nicole?"

I'm hoping BB17 will be an all-star season. Have Donny, Nicole, and Zach. A big reason they were evicted was from all the paranoia, such as Donny being all these spies, Derrick telling everyone that everything Nicole says was a lie, and Zach saying that he's a sabetour. I know if I was on the season, I would rather get out for something I did than something that I was falsely accused of doing. I hope they do the America's Vote like last season and they show the top three votes - which will be Donny, Nicole, and Zach - just so that the others can see that they were the fan favorites. It was so tiring watching Frankie, Christine, and Caleb think that they were awesome and thinking that they are going to get fan favorite and everything and so high and mighty of themselves.

Well if the reason people in the jury hate Frankie is for what he did to them, then what about when the truth comes out that all of the bad shit Frankie did to them was either shit Derrick did and blamed it on Frankie, or things Derrick planned and had Frankie do? It could feasibly go two ways, with people praising Derrick for keeping that hidden, or siding with Frankie over it since Derrick hid behind a scapegoat the whole time. Also I don't really see where Frankie had this atrocious social game you keep saying he has, beyond what Derrick manufactured as a way to place literally every single game move he has ever done onto someone else when he really should be owning up to it so he looks like he actually fucking played the game to more people than Cody. If it's because of the crude jokes he makes late at night since you've referenced that a few times then that's just personal taste and I fucking love it.

Also side note, me and my brother have compared Derrick's game style to Amanda, just less abrasive. Lay in bed all day and demand one unreasonably loyal partner to go do everything for him even though there's really pretty much nothing that's holding the loyalty together other than word. McCrae, Aaryn, GinaMarie, they all could've flipped on Amanda at any fucking time and had pretty much not a single damn thing preventing them from doing it; same goes for Derrick and his alliance. It miiiight be a stretch but who cares I still think it might be notable to say.

As for Nicole comparing him to Dan, it's because of a recurring thing every single season where the current houseguests circlejerk over the top 4 or 5 past houseguests and try to put themselves on the same level, or on the opposite end still circlejerk over them and talk so highly of them that they seem like demi-gods when in reality they're just regular players who weren't encumbered with constant comparisons to past houseguests. He's not really like Dan. Dan is just an easy name to fling out. Same with Will, same with Rachel, same with Janelle, same with Hayden. Get over it, get over them, play your own strong game and make a name for yourself instead of striving to be "This Season's Dan"

Henry said:
I'm hoping BB17 will be an all-star season. Have Donny, Nicole, and Zach. A big reason they were evicted was from all the paranoia, such as Donny being all these spies, Derrick telling everyone that everything Nicole says was a lie, and Zach saying that he's a sabetour. I know if I was on the season, I would rather get out for something I did than something that I was falsely accused of doing. I hope they do the America's Vote like last season and they show the top three votes - which will be Donny, Nicole, and Zach - just so that the others can see that they were the fan favorites. It was so tiring watching Frankie, Christine, and Caleb think that they were awesome and thinking that they are going to get fan favorite and everything and so high and mighty of themselves.

I always wanted to see an all-losers season. Just bring back all the people who screwed themselves over, had atrocious social games, couldn't win competitions, or were otherwise terrible at the game, and unleash them in the house for another 90 days. And then just watch the fireworks.

And I'm Javert said:
Henry said:

I always wanted to see an all-losers season. Just bring back all the people who screwed themselves over, had atrocious social games, couldn't win competitions, or were otherwise terrible at the game, and unleash them in the house for another 90 days. And then just watch the fireworks.

That would be cool in theory, but it would also be terrible since it would be made up of people that are more hated than liked, and the last we need after BB15 (the most controversial season) and BB16 (the most boring season) is for another season that might end up really failing in terms of popularity.

All-stars is really needed to kind of boost things back up. I mean, I think that BB7 was the best season in the fact that it was just naturally the best. It had the best players to love and the best players to hate, had strong competitors in both mental and physical aspects, and the game was by far the most intense out of all the seasons I've seen (I'm still have yet to watch season 1-5). I mean, they didn't put in people that didn't know how to play the game, didn't have some sort of strength in the game, or that people didn't find entertaining to watch.

If I would rank the seasons, I would probably rank them as this (out of the ones I've seen and that have finished):

Least to Greatest:
BB9 - (It just seemed like a terrible cast, and even more disgusted on what the winner did with his winnings)
BB15 - (Looking back, it really was a season that I would pass up due to all the controversial remarks.)
BB13 - (The twist made the season naturally boring and made many of the players floaters.)
BB14 - (It was an okay season, but I felt like Frank winning comps but have 0 social game was just...ugh...)
BB10 - (It was great and all, but it was just bland. Dan ran the entire game and won unanimously.)
BB8 - (I love the cast for this one, and I love the Alice in Wonderland, but some people were just hard to watch.)
BB12 - (A lot of the best players came out of this season imo, though I was sad that the Bridage ruled the house by doing nothing.)
BB11 - (Jeff and Jordan. Plus, the house was clearly divided and it was constant conflict, which made it so enjoyable.)
BB6 - (Janelle. And the house was by far the most divided of any season, and it made it so great with how back and forth the power shift was.)
BB7 - (When you put the best players in the same season, of course it's going to be great.)

BB16 will probably go above BB13.

Well Big Brother is over. I'm ranking my houseguests from least favorite to most favorite like I did last year.

Cody (he really was derrick's puppet and I couldn't stand him acting like such a cool kid... and stop saying "this kid" in the diary room. basically a floater. I would have rather seen Victoria win second than him...)
Devin (oh my gosh, devin seems like SO long ago. but when he was in I just wanted to rip his face off. stop crying about your daughter... and that alliance of yours was a terrible idea)
Christine (I used to like Christine... but then she just got so affiliated with Cody and stabbed Nicole in the back)
Joey (I thought Joey was SUPER hilarious. It was sad seeing her leave so early)
Paola (Paola was entertaining. I loved how she was entertaining and she left super classy)
Victoria (Victoria was hilarious. And again she should have won over Cody)
Frankie (I never really had a problem with Frankie like some people)
Hayden (Hayden and Nicole <3 )
Brittany (I really liked Brittany. She actually tried to take a stand. I wish she wasn't evicted)
Amber (Amber was so classy with Caleb, and especially how she left. Great player too)
Caleb (I didn't always like him but he was always so entertaining in some strange way)
Zach (Zach was hilarious. Fruit Loop Dingus is so memorable now)
Jocasta (Jocasta omg. I just love her. The best part of the entire season was when she was talking in tongues lol. but she was a litter bitter with her vote)
Derrick (Derrick played a FABULOUS game. I would have been disappointed if he didn't win)
Donny (Donny is awesome. He was super genuine and really funny at times. Glad he won America's favorite)
Nicole (Nicole is easily my favorite. Loved her accent. She was a great player and SUPER FUNNY. Glad she got in the top three for America's favorite as well)

It was amazing watching Frankie's face as he realized he wasn't even in the top three for America's Favorite Player. He was standing right next to julie like "I might as well just wait here to claim my prize".

Donny, Nicole, and Zach will all be on the bold and the beautiful, so I can't wait to see that!

Here are my power rankings (from favorite to least favorite):

Nicole - I mean, Michiganders support other Michiganders, especially when they are the only one to figure out that Derrick was the mastermind and was one of two people not apart of the Bomb Squad that actually won an HoH and had the chance to take other one of the bomb squads (not so successfully). Nicole was the only one that would have taken out Derrick, and had Caleb put up Frankie when he had the chance, Nicole might have made it just far enough to get to the end.

Donny - While he did not have the best game, he was so interesting and an honest-to-god person. The only problem he had was that everyone overthought him. They thought that he was some sort of military man, a spy, you name it. A lot of it was because of story-telling Caleb that was fed into Devin's crazy. Donny made it very far with his three veto wins, which is quite the feat.

Zach - For the first few weeks I wasn't into him because Zankie makes me barf, but the latter half made me love him so much. I like the parts where he isn't with Frankie, because he's just awesome. He definitely had the best quotes of the seasons, and he really had some awesome moments in the game. So stupid that he was evicted just because of what Team America did for their mission.

Hayden - He was a really funny and sweet guy. I really liked him, and he got a veto win. The problem I had a times was that he got evicted at a double eviction, and since he wasn't that seen on the televised shows, he kind of gotten forgettable. The main thing with him on the show was Haycole, which was nice, but I don't think they showed enough of just him.

Derrick - He definitely had a time of good and bad for me. Like, early and at the end I really liked him, but not so much in the middle, maybe since I didn't want to see my favorites go. He definitely played the best game this season, but sadly he made it too predictable, which made this 97-day, record-breaking game so boring, and people were calling it the most boring season since like Week 6. He played an excellent social game, but it would have been interesting to see him take some risks instead of hiding behind Caleb, Frankie, and Cody doing all his bidding.

Brittany - That woman was a very strong woman, even if she did bring up her kids every day. She was very interesting to watch, it was so sad to see her leave so soon, especially after all she had to do for that veto competition and those 2400 soccer goals. I think that had she stayed longer, she would have won a competition. To be honest, had her last egg not broken, Jocasta and her would have been the HoH that week. The fact that her, Victoria, Donny, Jocasta, and Poala were used as scapegoats to get people out or to stay as HoH was just sad, because it really gave none of them a chance to really enjoy not being on the block.

Cody - He was an okay guy, and I liked him in the beginning since he was rather logical. Towards the end though he just got attached to Christine, and of all the people, it had to be her. Once she was gone, he was back to being the guy that tried to think with his brain and not his...whatever he was thinking with Christine. He definitely was not a floater since he actually won competitions, as well as stayed loyal to the Bomb Squad/Detonators/Hit Men.

Jocasta - Oh Jocasta, such a fun and loving character on this show. I felt so bad that she was sick so much, but she made so much of this season so enjoyable to watch. Her diary room sessions brought tons of smiles and laughs and everything to me. While she was a terrible game player, I love the fact that she was so entertaining. It also sucks that she went out against Zach, but it had to happen eventually.

Caleb - I really don't know where to begin. He was Amber-obsessed for the first 5 weeks, and then semi-Amber-obsessed-but-still-overly-obsessed the rest of the game. He also told lies about him and stories that made no sense other than to try to top someone else's stories, which made us laugh at him being a fool. He was a rather entertaining guy to watch. The sad part was that he wasn't very smart, especially game-wise. He won so many times, but he wasted his HoHs besides his last on people that he should have kept. He literally is one of the biggest reasons why the guys stayed together, which was funny because they already moved on from him, Amber, and Devin, and would have gotten him out next had he not been of use to them again. Him getting out Frankie was definitely a very ballsy move since no one other than Nicole took a stab at him before, but he doesn't deserve the full credit since Derrick talked him into it.

Amber - She seemed really quiet when she talked, and she kind of was there, but she kind of was just a pretty face - great to look at but not so much with talking. She let the Bomb Squad control what she did, and she was caught in some lies, but you know, Christine had to ruin her game for her. She was one of two females to have won HoH this season and she wasted it with Devin, which was so sad to see. I was kind of relieved when she was evicted because it meant that she could escape from crazy Caleb, who literally put a pickle wrapped in a banana in her bag before she was evicted.

Poala - Our little Calturo was not on the show long enough to really say much, but I think had she stayed longer, she would have been used like the rest of the floater pawns more. That said, she probably would have been in Victoria's spot in the Final 3, and that definitely would have been more appealing! I really when Devin was considering backdooring victoria, and it would have saved us so many weeks of hearing her think she's great. Poala was definitely a little firecracker and I wish we got to see more of her.

Devin - Oh Devin. The first two weeks he was a lunatic. The show could not get enough of him because he literally was like a guy that had no brain! He would not listen to anyone and made such impulsve moves that almost killed her other teammate's games! (To be honest, I kind of want that now seeing the end result...) However, by the third week, he definitely was a lot better, and to be honest, while he was annoying, he also made it so much more entertaining to watch, though had he made it another week or two, he probably would have driven us all insane. That guy just...I would self-evict.

Joey - Again like Poala, we did not see enough of her. She was rather annoying on the show because she just...did not fit in. She had no idea how the game worked (like 7 or 8 other members on this cast) and it was her downfall. It was frustrated that she was voted for Team America and yet she was probably the worse Big Brother player in years to be on this show. Her post-eviction youtube video of her slamming Christine was priceless, but I was pretty happy with her as a first evictee. Had she stayed a few weeks longer, I think she would have done so much better, but who knows.

Christine - Oh Christine. You started off with me loving you for teaming up with my fav Nicole, and with Hayden and it was the perfect trio. You got along, you were great, and you were in a very nice position - being both with the trio and the Bomb Squad/Detonators. However, you chose sides, and you chose wrong. You literally let the guys win the game. As you said "this is now two alliances where I was at the right place and the right time", and yet you did not realize that while you were technically with them, they would get you out the first chance they got, and they did. You flip-flopped too much, and by making that bad decision, you missed the golden opportunity to backdoor Frankie by using the veto Week 6, to not backdoor Nicole Week 7, to actually help Nicole and Hayden defeat the guys! You literally would have been better at the Final 3 with those two and not be taken than where you were at now. Also, you became so dislikable due to the fact that you talked shit and bashed everyone all the time, as well as being married and always up Cody's ass wherever he went! There was a time where I was hoping that you would be in Final 2 with Nicole, but the fact that you evicted in Final 6 was not enough.

Frankie - Too much to say about him. He is an attention-seeking, camera-hogging, social media mongul that spent a lot of the time prancing around with his big head, sleeping with every HoH person up there and acted like he was HOH, thought that he actually was somehow going to manipulate the jury to listen to him, constantly bashed all the previous houseguests by saying that Zach was mentally ill, Nicole was a ****, Jocasta could go drop dead, telling Derrick that Victoria would be great for raping, talked about his sister every five seconds once he told everyone he was Ariana's brother, and was probably the most universally hated houseguest this season, which is why even with 90K tweeter followers that he was not even in the Top 3 for America's Favorite Player. The only reason he made it so far was because of his wins, but his social game was completely terrible. I thought last summer was bad with bringing in a Big Brother sibling, but this definitely tops that for a terrible addition to the season. If they make an all-star, I can tell you know that if they allow it for voting, Frankie will be towards the bottom because he definitely is not liked.

^fyi you left out Victoria

Also from favorite to least favorite:

Donny
Hayden
Paola
Nicole
Frankie
Brittany
Derrick
Jocasta
Cody
Amber
Caleb
Joey
Victoria
Christine
Devin
Zach

I may or may not get around to explanations later.

my own favorite-to-least-favorite rankings

Zach
Nicole
Derrick

Donny
Cody
Joey
Hayden
Victoria
Brittany

Amber
Christine
Frankie
Jocasta
Paola

Caleb
Devin

Blue means "rooted for to win"; Green means "generally liked"; Yellow means "had some issues, but tolerable"; Red means "EVICT WITH FIRE".

Like Smasher, I may elaborate more sometime later.

Smasher said:
^fyi you left out Victoria

Lol, that was so unintentional but I love that I did it because it literally reflected how I felt about her all season long. It was so sad that she thought that she actually played the game.

I would put her between Poala and Devin, since she did have some rather interesting moments on the show.

Back