Big Brother 16

*debating watching my first BB season*

i personally like it, but it's a big time consumer. each episode is an hour to an hour-and-a-half long, and there are three episodes a week. get your dvr or vhs recorder ready, because if you don't follow it religiously you can miss a lot.

Toad Eightyfive said:
i personally like it, but it's a big time consumer. each episode is an hour to an hour-and-a-half long, and there are three episodes a week. get your dvr or vhs recorder ready, because if you don't follow it religiously you can miss a lot.

And that's if you don't watch the Live Feeds.

And yes, I do watch the live feeds (which tells you more about the players than anything else). It was so boring last season for the last 4 weeks or so when all the good players were being knocked out, and all we would be able to listen to was Elissa Bashing, Andy being a big rat, Spencer making some funny jokes once in a blue moon, GinaMarie being GinaMarie, Judd being too hard to hear or joining in on Elissa Bashing, and then McCrae never taking a shower and everyone being afraid to touch his area.

I'm praying that this season we actually have a decent cast. I mean, there was some ones that we were good last season (Elissa, candice, howard), and then some that became good (Helen, Aaryn), but the rest of the cast were completely awful and/or were Amanda's slave.

But I'm mostly excited because it means another season closer to when I can start applying for the show! 8)

Elissa and Amanda finally made up and are amicable now, sending each other snarky gifts and stuff. I'm guessing it was because Elissa was tired of hanging out with only her sister Rachel and maybe Candice because being a sourbutt and not accepting genuine apologies made it so she never went to any of the cast meetups to do cool shit. Amanda and Andy seem like the cool kids and are really the only people still active with talking to fans and other people and whatever stuff. GinaMarie is posting tons of nearly naked pictures so there's that I guess, and Elissa vaguely talks about her exercise stuff while also remaining firmly attached to Rachel's social media teat, but, I can't make too many nasty comments about Elissa and Rachel since I'm technically a fan so whatever.

Also vague potential leak:
There's talk of there being a dual premiere with maybe new people the first day and then veterans the next day. This is totally stinkin' of RuPaul Drag Race Season 6 vibes and kinda stealing from that which is ugh in terms of ideas but I guess it's still neat. If any veterans are to return I kinda really hope it's not the fuckers who always come back and do things like Boogie and whoever and Janelle even though I like her and Rachel even though I guess I like her too. I'm hoping Helen comes back, as well as Amanda and Aaryn so they have a chance to play a different kind of game.

Also I'm old enough to try out for this kinda shit and have been tempted to for a while. Maybe I can go on to be the 1st '2nd gay red-headed rat' to win Big Brother.

Toad Eightyfive said:
Haha this is so true. I usually just catch them on CBS.com though.

Armin Arlert said:
Toad Eightyfive said:

And that's if you don't watch the Live Feeds.

And yes, I do watch the live feeds (which tells you more about the players than anything else). It was so boring last season for the last 4 weeks or so when all the good players were being knocked out, and all we would be able to listen to was Elissa Bashing, Andy being a big rat, Spencer making some funny jokes once in a blue moon, GinaMarie being GinaMarie, Judd being too hard to hear or joining in on Elissa Bashing, and then McCrae never taking a shower and everyone being afraid to touch his area.

I'm praying that this season we actually have a decent cast. I mean, there was some ones that we were good last season (Elissa, candice, howard), and then some that became good (Helen, Aaryn), but the rest of the cast were completely awful and/or were Amanda's slave.

But I'm mostly excited because it means another season closer to when I can start applying for the show! 8)
Helen was always amazing. And there was no way Aaryn became good. She insulted an entire state in her "apology".

But yeah, apparently the cast is going to be revealed on the 19th, so we'll see!

Once Aaryn got back home and saw the public backlash, she realized how stupid she was and made serious efforts to make things right.

so apparently they're taking a page from survivor's book and going with a treehouse theme? mmkay.

also, the fuck is the earth bedroom's problem? sleeping bags, really?

New Super Mario said:
Helen was always amazing. And there was no way Aaryn became good. She insulted an entire state in her "apology".

But yeah, apparently the cast is going to be revealed on the 19th, so we'll see!

You don't read up on Aaryn do you? She apologized and said that she was stupid to blame her state and that she shouldn't have done that. She even made all kinds of statements and stuff feeling bad about everything and that she needs to get over her "racist demons" she has. Besides, Candice even said that Aaryn was just ignorant and they did become great friends in the Sequester house.

I know this because I keep up with Aaryn from time to time. Besides, I want her to get a second chance because she was literally one of the best competitive players Big Brother ever had. Like, if she wanted to win a competition, she could. Vetoes were not her strong suit, but she literally won 3 HoHs every back-to-back (not counting the ones she couldn't play for). The thing that screwed her over in the game is that she did not get rid of Amanda when she had the chance, and the fact that Elissa did not put up Amanda and McCrae on the block together. But, I'm glad Aaryn got evicted because I think had she not, she wouldn't have learned about how racist she was and wouldn't have had that talk she had with Julie.

Morty said:
Also I'm old enough to try out for this kinda shit and have been tempted to for a while. Maybe I can go on to be the 1st '2nd gay red-headed rat' to win Big Brother.

I doubt that you would be a rat. Andy literally just sat around, spreading around information so that no one could be safe so that they think he's on their side, and the fact that Amanda and Helen were seen as the threats, he got away with it until the Final 5 where he literally went against people that did barely anything the entire season. So disappointed at how he was the one to win when he was literally a floater.

It would be so cool to see you on Big Brother! Just don't go on the season I apply for

I suppose that's something from Aaryn, but I would have to see her on big brother again to believe it.

Also there is 16 chairs in the dining room, so that probably means 16 players once again

I only skim-read what the twist was because ugh work but,

if I'm understanding it correctly, it means that the HOH (or 2) will not be safe from elimination, but if that's the case then why the fuck even try to win HOH other than getting a gr8 room and food. You'd be hounded by the alliance in power to put up someone they want up and if you don't then you're at risk that exact week instead of having a week to try to manipulate things and swerve out of the way.

Maybe I need to read up more on it or just wait the week or 2 or whatever for Julie to just directly tell me and see it.

Also,
Armin Arlert said:
Morty said:

I doubt that you would be a rat. Andy literally just sat around, spreading around information so that no one could be safe so that they think he's on their side, and the fact that Amanda and Helen were seen as the threats, he got away with it until the Final 5 where he literally went against people that did barely anything the entire season. So disappointed at how he was the one to win when he was literally a floater.

It would be so cool to see you on Big Brother! Just don't go on the season I apply for

idk I feel like I'd be a hoarder of secrets and backstab the shit out of everyone except maybe 1 or 2 close friends who if they turn on me in any way I will just drown them in the pool. I'd probably try to team up with 1 or 2 people on the first day and make it so we make sure we go to the end no matter what even if we're in opposite factions--kinda like a meta-alliance??? Or I'd probably hide behind a more charismatic and louder person as their 'ally' and when I have the chance to backstab their ass off I totally will to impress the opposite alliance or whatever and rise to power. So many things I want to try but ugh I'd have to be in the game to see how it'd work.

One thing I don't like about gameplay in Big Brother though is that you seemingly have to be omniscient of all Big Brother seasons and players and challenges ever and if you don't you'll 1) lose trivia challenges 2) make enemies of people who are superfans. Like shit I got other things to do than watch every second of each season 12 times.

So apparently, the house is based on the elements. (so there is the earth and fire bathrooms, along with the water bathroom).

So I'm guessing the other wind door is hinting that the have not room may be that theme.

I'm already rooting for Frankie, Brittany, and Paola. And because I'm a superficial fuck, I want Zach to get the Jodi treatment because ugh who even uses that pose past the age of 16 and self-described con-artist? pllllllease, followed by Hayden, Donny, and Caleb.

Let's see if these stances last past the first episode.

As for the wind room I hope it's literally windy because I find a particular joy in the houseguests being mildly tortured. Anything too much, like I think Helen being on slop for like 4 weeks last season isn't really too fun to watch.

um ok

at least they're somewhat... original this year. i can safely say i couldn't have predicted most of these people.

also no way in hell devin shepherd played for the cardinals. i know everyone who played in the mlb for the past 10 years inside and out and i can safely say i've never heard of him before.

It's still vaguely predictable, everyone fits into some sorta realty game show contestant archetype, the only different things are like...there's always some sorta professional athlete and it's just dependent on what sport, some vaguely actually famous person which could be combined with the last one, ditzy blonde, single mother, gay, black man, black woman, country guy, old person, ruff n' tuff girl, surfer dude, douchebag, average boring person, young professional, etc. I guess the entire point of these archetypes are to fill in every niche and try to be representative of a majority of the population to have someone relatable.

idk again this is something I'm gonna actually need to see the show about before I make too many judgments

Christine was my favorite. I hope she goes far. (then again, I suck at first impressions so we'll see how my opinion changes two to three weeks in)

Tomorrow's the big day!!!

I can see Victoria being a little annoying, especially to the other houseguests. Jocasta might be not very liked if she's as religious as she says she is, but then again, Howard was a great guy last season. Donny looks like someone that is going to take time to like, just like with Adam BB13 and Spencer BB15.

Well, here was my first impressions of the houseguests.

Amber: I don't know... Her story is good, but I see her being an early evictee. (watch me be totally wrong...)
Brittany: She seems like she'll be the mean one, but I don't know.
Caleb: If he's the racist, homophobic, muslim-hater people say he is, I dislike him even more now.
Christine: Fav. I hope she goes far.
Cody: Really boring honestly, but he'll probably be the one with the showmance.
Derrick: meh, I don't know. I think he has the potential to be cool and go far, but I just... I don't know.
Devin: That smile scares me. I don't really like him, even so.
Donny: He just seems so awesome. I hope he's not a floater (which sadly he might be)
Frankie: Too obnoxious and he'll win to many Team America votes with his unfair advantage.
Hayden: California Surfer dude type. >David. ugh. But he seems way better that David so I'll give him a chance.
Jocasta: >that bowtie. Floater though, I think. All I can think of is Jameka from her...
Joey: OK, she is a fav. She was so hilarious in her interview. And that blue hair...
Nicole: I definitely love that accent. I think she could be the one who dominates the competitions as far as the girls go.
Paola: I guess I kind of like her, but I'll just wait and see.
Victoria: Another one I think could be an early evictee.
Zach: Super arrogant and annoying. I want him gone.

Also BB16 Saga is here!

That Jocasta face is SO perfect.

Back