Splatoon

Nabber

Artisanal Cheese Taster
The new Wii U IP. It looks pretty cool and inventive. I'm not sure I'll get it, but it looks fun.

Splatoon actually looks sorta interesting. I'm glad Nintendo focused on this new IP for the E3.

nabber

it has squids

what are your thoughts on this (btw you totally predicted this at the sony conference)

I think the only reason I'd buy this is so I can be a squid.

I am disproportionately hyped for this considering how little we've seen of it so far. the gameplay doesn't sound too complicated but it looks fun and intense, and I love the art style and the character designs. Can't wait to see more of this.

Baby Luigi said:
Splatoon actually looks sorta interesting. I'm glad Nintendo focused on this new IP for the E3.
I'm glad they had a new IP to show at all. For once, something they've revealed at E3 has my interest.

It seems interesting. I just hope there's some sort of single-player, we all know the problems with multiplayer only games.

If it's anything like Team Fortress 2, then there should be no problem with multiplayer-only.

the more i watch this, the more i'm liking it

i am worried, though. nintendo hasn't had voice chat online yet, and this game can really need it since there's a lot of strategy involved

ive played too many shooters in my lifetime so i dont think ill be picking this up when it comes out
the idea of transforming into a squid and moving around is pretty neat tho, and the maps look nice too

I know at least two friends who say this game looks suspiciously similar to a mini-game in Portal or Portal 2. Honestly, though, I think the game looks creative enough on it's own merits, particular when it comes to the squids! I have to admit, though, I was a little confused about it when it was announced during the Digital Event last Tuesday, but it's really grown on me since! :)

Also, new IP is always good! ;)

Smashgoom202 said:
I know at least two friends who say this game looks suspiciously similar to a mini-game in Portal or Portal 2. Honestly, though, I think the game looks creative enough on it's own merits, particular when it comes to the squids! I have to admit, though, I was a little confused about it when it was announced during the Digital Event last Tuesday, but it's really grown on me since! :)

well portal and portal 2 don't have minigames so i don't know what they're talking

No-Face said:
Smashgoom202 said:

well portal and portal 2 don't have minigames so i don't know what they're talking
Gosh, I wish I knew exactly what they were thinking off... I'll have to ask them again.

hmm very neat, a big reason to get a wii u, might have to do that in the future.

Smashgoom202 said:
No-Face said:
Smashgoom202 said:

Gosh, I wish I knew exactly what they were thinking off... I'll have to ask them again.

They're probably thinking of gel, which adheres to surfaces similarly to how the ink in this game does.

Mario4Ever said:
Smashgoom202 said:
No-Face said:

They're probably thinking of gel, which adheres to surfaces similarly to how the ink in this game does.
Yeah, that sounds about right. Although it feels like all the "ink" in the game behaves the same, regardless of color. So it's certainly not a direct knock-off, like I was fearing.

BTW, this game will, indeed, have a single-player campaign... or at the very least, Reggie Fils-Amie feels that not including a single-player mode would "be a mistake".

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/06/19/reggie-says-not-having-a-single-player-in-a-multiplayer-game-would-be-a-mistake/

This is why Reggie's the man! ;)

Well that's good news if I saw it. I'm pretty sure a single player mode in this was likely anyway.

So not only will the game have a single-player mode, but it will also have local 1-on-1 multiplayer mode. Details and more can be read here:

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/06/22/splatoon-will-have-local-1v1-multiplayer-mode-and-also-single-player-plus-more-details/

Also, apparently Miis were considered to be the key playable characters. Here's why they went with squids over them:

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/06/24/nintendo-explains-why-splatoon-opts-for-squids-instead-of-mii-characters/

I have no problems with that. I'll probably spend most of my time with it online.

Back