Super Mario Maker

Mario Party Σ said:
Pyro said:
I think we can at least expect snow and sky/athletic since those were in the original Super Mario Bros.. Snow was World 3 (and probably some other levels) if you're wondering.
I hope so, but they haven't advertised the different themes yet...
Looking at this with a half-full perspective the airship and ghost house themes weren't shown until E3 as far as I know.

Lakituthequick said:
I just find it very entertaining to find that one can do a crazyton of crazyass shit with this game and people complain about slopes.
oh no i can't SLIDE the immersion is RUINED fuck YOU nintendo

serious answer: more interesting level design, many of SMW's levels were full of slopes and curves which made them fun. it seems to be the most basic thing that they're missing atm aside from maybe checkpoints

as for everything else (lack of snow, desert, etc.) it doesn't seem like we've seen the game in full yet so there's a chance that extra parts/backgrounds could be unlocked but I have a hunch that Nintendo would explicitly state 'You can build Grass, Castle, Airship and Ghost Ship levels, plus Many More™!" if they existed, and if they really wanted to show off all of Mario Maker's features then the NWC was the place to do it, so its probably likely that we're looking at the final version of the game without any unlocks aside from characters.

there's always the chance for DLC parts though (ughhh)

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/06/super_mario_maker_will_allow_you_to_unlock_amiibo_mystery_suits_for_figures_you_dont_own

oh yes now i can unlock wii fit trainer, isabelle and villager w/o any issues <3

Lakituthequick said:
and people complain about slopes.

Slopes are a fundamental design, it's perfectly valid to complain about them when a feature as basic as this is missing from the game.

GBAToad said:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/06/super_mario_maker_will_allow_you_to_unlock_amiibo_mystery_suits_for_figures_you_dont_own

oh yes now i can unlock wii fit trainer, isabelle and villager w/o any issues <3

That's good.
Though I hope from these 90 slots, Daisy is in, please Nintendo.

Lakituthequick said:
I just find it very entertaining to find that one can do a crazyton of crazyass *bleep* with this game and people complain about slopes.

Mario Party Σ said:
As for me, not being able to add slopes sounds minor, but it WILL bite editors at one point or the other.

I hope Super Mario Maker have all the best features.

Cirdec said:
GBAToad said:

That's good.
One question: If Mario uses the mysterious mushroom and gets hurt, does he become Mario again?

yoshiking14x said:
Cirdec said:
GBAToad said:

That's good.
One question: If Mario uses the mysterious mushroom and gets hurt, does he become Mario again?

Yep.

How did you guys like the Best Buy Mario Maker access event? I went yesterday and had a blast!! The game is sooo much fun, which isn't a surprise. :mario: Too bad I wasn't able to get one of those amazing yellow Mario lanyards though (my stores didn't get them :'().

Hadn't been there. Mario Maker isn't really worth my time off.

I never did bother with the Best Buy event, especially since it was never held at my area anyway.

If it was anything like the Smash one, then I missed nothing. There was a massive line when I went for Smash and I wouldn't be able to play before the store closed. Seriously, one setup? I did get to play a round of Smash Run on 3DS though.

Mario Maker isn't exactly a title that's as exciting to go to Best Buy compared to Smash 4 when it was there. I had to deal with a long line for Smash but it was worth it to even have that one match with Sonic (I even won it in Sudden Death) on Smash 4 Wii U months before it'd release.

Mario Maker though... yeah... not quite as exciting.

I showed up at Best Buy for a completely different reason, but there was a short line, so why not. The game definitely feels like something I'd buy at launch, play with for a couple of days, then completely forget about it. It'll definitely be great fun for people who are better with these create-your-own-world type of games. I did confirm that there are differences between the visual styles; the NSMB style lets Mario spin in mid-air and walljump, which isn't possible in the other versions.

Well at least I have Yoshi's Woolly World who comes out this friday to wait for Super Mario Maker.

something that crossed my mind

just how are nintendo planning to fill 90 different character skins for Costume Mario? like assuming all of the announced amiibo (about 71 different characters) have costumes, then that still leaves at least 20 open character slots. excluding the pokemon characters (because gamefreak) then we have around 25 costumes left unaccounted for, which is a pretty huge amount

maybe they'll be compatible with the animal crossing amiibo cards as well? I really doubt that they'd do that, who wants to play as some random villager

can you imagine if they made waluigi unlockable, holy shit

GBAToad said:
something that crossed my mind

just how are nintendo planning to fill 90 different character skins for Costume Mario? like assuming all of the announced amiibo (about 71 different characters) have costumes, then that still leaves at least 20 open character slots. excluding the pokemon characters (because gamefreak) then we have around 25 costumes left unaccounted for, which is a pretty huge amount

maybe they'll be compatible with the animal crossing amiibo cards as well? I really doubt that they'd do that, who wants to play as some random villager

can you imagine if they made waluigi unlockable, holy shit

That's why I hope for Daisy.

I recall hearing that a number of costumes can be unlocked without amiibo, which I reckon will be the rest of the Mario cast that don't currently have amiibo.

Fawful may actually happen.

Back