FIFA World Cup 2014

Who do you think will win the 2014 World Cup?

• Uruguay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chile

• Ecuador

• Ghana

• Cameroon

• Nigeria

• Algeria

• Ivory Coast

• Costa Rica

• Honduras

• Mexico

• South Korea

• Iran

• Belgium

• Bosnia-Herzegovina

• Croatia

• Portugal

• Russia

• Switzerland

• Greece

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The US is set to get beaten by Ghana yet again...

Vommack said:
Clint Dempsey's goal in the first minute would like to have a word with you.

Yoshi K said:
Vommack said:
Holy *bleep* we're actually beating them well into the second half? Wow, they beat us at least 2 years in a row before this...

Vommack said:
Yoshi K said:
Vommack said:
Holy *bleep* we're actually beating them well into the second half? Wow, they beat us at least 2 years in a row before this...
We just won! 2-1! YESSSS!

Ok, I shouldn't get too excited because we still have to deal with Germany and Portugal, but you have to admit this feels good after they beat us the past two World Cups.

Yoshi K said:
We just won! 2-1! YESSSS!

Ok, I shouldn't get too excited because we still have to deal with Germany and Portugal, but you have to admit this feels good after they beat us the past two World Cups.
Admittedly, I didn't follow the last two that closely, but I'm all for revenge. Hopefully, we can get past Portugal and pick up the second spot. I'm not setting any expectations against Germany...

well since no one is doing it i might as well review all the wc games because i've seen them all lmao

Brazil v. Croatia: Good game, shame the first goal was an owl goal. Naymar was good as always, Brazil wins 3-1

Mexico v. Cameroon: I dont think the first goal was offsides from Mexico, but the game was pretty even. Mexico scored 3 times, but two were offsides. Cameroon scored once but it was offsides so it ended 1-0 Mexico winning

Spain v. Netherlands: A lot of people were saying Netherlands came with vengeance, and they clearly did, as they destroyed Spain in a 5-1 match. I feel like Spain just gave up after the 3rd goal though. Great game regardless, and Spain still tried

Chile v. Australia: Australia did a lot better than I thought they would've, but ultimately they lost, 3-1. Good game though.

Colombia v. Greece: Greece seemed to have been improving a lot over the years, but still aren't quite there yet. Didn't do as good as 2010's world cup, but certainly doing very well. In a couple of years, they'll be considered a 'good' team. Colombia won 3-0

Uruguay v. Costa Rica: Uruguay could've done so much more, like play Luis Suarez, but they did a lot of wrong things, like Maximilano Pereira getting a red card. Costa Rica won 3-1

Italy v. England: Great game, Rooney should've taken the PK in the second half though. Italy wins 2-1

Ivory Coast v. Japan: Ivory Coast has definitly improved since the last world cup, as they beat Japan 2-1

Switzerland v. Ecuador: The Swiss National Team has always done great, and their glory was demonstrated in this game as they beat Ecuador 2-1

France v. Honduras: France's soccer team has always been up on top as the best for as long as i've been watching soccer, and Benzema is an amazing player. He scored twice in this game, helping France win 3-0

Argentina v. Bosnia: What can I say, Argentina's always been a favorite of mine. Messi did great as usual and scored the game winning goal, making them 2-1

Germany v. Portugal: Thomas Muller went above and beyond in this match, scoring twice against the famed Portugal. A lot of people were booing Ronaldo, but Ronaldo didn't do as bad as people though. Germany ended up trouncing Portugal though, 4-0

Iran v. Nigeria: Very quiet game, it's the first to end in a tie, 0-0

Ghana v. United States: As you guys said, the US has improved because they finally beat Ghana. A lot of people doubted the US would've won, but took it 2-1

will post results after more games. i think either germany or italy's gonna win it this year

Wolverine said:
Italy v. England: Great game, Rooney should've taken the PK in the second half though. Italy wins 2-1
I remember watching that match, I probably laughed more than I should have when our physio dislocated his ankle whilst celebrating Sturridge's goal

Surprised that neither Iran or Nigeria scored, as the latter is one of the better teams.

Algeria just scored their first WC goal since 1986. Belgium trails 1-0.

Belgium just scored, leading Algeria 2-1.

Wolverine said:
Spain v. Netherlands: A lot of people were saying Netherlands came with vengeance, and they clearly did, as they destroyed Spain in a 5-1 match. I feel like Spain just gave up after the 3rd goal though. Great game regardless, and Spain still tried

I was very pleased by this result, and hope they will beat Australia tomorrow as well.

Today so far...
Belgium beats Algeria 2-1.
Brazil ties Mexico 0-0.
Korea vs. Russia will be on in a few minutes.

One of Brazil and Mexico is statistically guaranteed to advance now.

I'd rather have a bad win than a good loss.

Speaking of losing, if Spain does it today, they'll go out in the group round...

And so, the defending champions have nothing to look forward to but a throwaway game against Australia and the possibility of a winless record.

That leaves The Netherlands to hopefully beat Chile so we can move on to the next rounds.

Back