FIFA World Cup 2014

Who do you think will win the 2014 World Cup?

• Uruguay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chile

• Ecuador

• Ghana

• Cameroon

• Nigeria

• Algeria

• Ivory Coast

• Costa Rica

• Honduras

• Mexico

• South Korea

• Iran

• Belgium

• Bosnia-Herzegovina

• Croatia

• Portugal

• Russia

• Switzerland

• Greece

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
...doesn't that happen everywhere?

Vommack said:
Correction: ESPN broadcasts nothing but highlights. When they're not sending reporters live to McDonald's, where Lebron James ordered a medium drink instead of his usual large, that is.
But still, they cover it. They don't even forget about it until two weeks or so after it's over.

i love the world cup i love soccer i've seen every game of the world cup so far and probably will see em all and i got a feeling germany's gonna win it this year

Drift said:
Vommack said:
Correction: ESPN broadcasts nothing but highlights. When they're not sending reporters live to McDonald's, where Lebron James ordered a medium drink instead of his usual large, that is.
But still, they cover it. They don't even forget about it until two weeks or so after it's over.
Two weeks isn't that long. The butt fumble topped their worst plays list for half a year, if I remember right.

I live in USA but still prefer to call this game Football

(American) Football should be called Tackleball or something

Drift said:
Still, I'm pretty sure they'll just keep covering it for the publicity (here in Turkey the national team didn't even make it into the World Cup and from what I can tell, they're talking about it just nonstop on TV, but that could just be because the country is rather soccer crazy in general) Also in the US, where soccer isn't even that big of a craze, they literally broadcast nothing but matches and highlights even after the US was kicked out of the competition)

Yeah, but there won't be any mass celebrations in the street that block traffic and force public transit into hiatus.

My ex girlfriend and I once had the misfortune of being out on the streets while a large mob (easily 200+ people) of half-drunk soccer fans was out and about. We were huddled against a bus stop, surrounded by unresponsive people chanting slurred soccer phrases in unison. It was horrifying.

Seadramon said:
Drift said:
Still, I'm pretty sure they'll just keep covering it for the publicity (here in Turkey the national team didn't even make it into the World Cup and from what I can tell, they're talking about it just nonstop on TV, but that could just be because the country is rather soccer crazy in general) Also in the US, where soccer isn't even that big of a craze, they literally broadcast nothing but matches and highlights even after the US was kicked out of the competition)

Yeah, but there won't be any mass celebrations in the street that block traffic and force public transit into hiatus.

My ex girlfriend and I once had the misfortune of being out on the streets while a large mob (easily 200+ people) of half-drunk soccer fans was out and about. We were huddled against a bus stop, surrounded by unresponsive people chanting slurred soccer phrases in unison. It was horrifying.

Wow. That makes the NJ Super Bowl traffic look tame.

The Spain - Netherlands play yesterday was pretty interesting to say the least. Spain, current World Champion, loses 1-5 against the country they faced in the finals four years ago.

Meanwhile, a lot of people here expected us to lose, and not pass the group-phase at all.

inb4wewinthisyear

Лакитубыстро said:
The Spain - Netherlands play yesterday was pretty interesting to say the least. Spain, current World Champion, loses 1-5 against the country they faced in the finals four years ago.

Meanwhile, a lot of people here expected us to lose, and not pass the group-phase at all.

inb4wewinthisyear
oi.

lakitu why is your avatar the one for the freedom of venezuela in this thread if venezuela isn't even related in this thread?

Sylveon said:
Лакитубыстро said:
Sylveon said:
lakitu why is your avatar the one for the freedom of venezuela in this thread if venezuela isn't even related in this thread?
It isn't.
but it showed up for me.
It appears random with a one in four chance on places without a specific avatar.

Toad Eightyfive said:
Seadramon said:
Drift said:

Wow. That makes the NJ Super Bowl traffic look tame.

I think the Brazillian law should be temporary exempted to allow people to ride on the exteriors of transit vehicles (like what's done in India).

Great idea, that means when there's a crash more people can die.

Wow, I actually watched the entirety of the England-Italy match. I honestly wasn't expecting to watch many full games this year.

So, am I just a soccer noob, or did England miss the net a freaking lot?

Duskull said:
I'll support England, even though I know we won't make it to the knockout round, unless Italy or Uruguay play atrociously.
Well, Uruguay just lost 3-1 to Costa Rica, I'd say that gives England a chance.

As for the U.S., I'll be rooting for them, but realistically I don't think they stand a chance.

With the group the US are in I doubt it.

Well, although we lost today I'm still proud of England. I thought we'd do a lot worse.

Seadramon said:
Drift said:

Hmmmm germany 2006 right?

Yes, 2006.

I remember the soccer people here composing a song to celebrate the WM being in Germany. The lyrics mentioned every year that Germany won the WM, followed by "2006" in a bold display of expectation to win this time as well. But then they didn't, and the song basically went to shit, so they hastily changed the lyrics to say "2010" so they wouldn't look like idiots.

It was failtastic.

Does it say 2014 now?

Back