Super Mario bros 3

EctoBiologist

Best cat themed touhou. I love touhou and DR.
Banned User
talk about that game! :)

fire MARIO bros said:

Lets Talk about Rudnicki

actually, lets talk about Portal, and Wall-E

Free Loader said:
Rosalina Spalko said:
fire MARIO bros said:

Lets Talk about Rudnicki

actually, lets talk about Portal, and Wall-E
It is against the rules to go off topic, Rosalina.
I personally love SMB3, although it stays below SMW and YI on my list of favorite 2D platformers. It introduced a lot to the series.

Mostly kiddin'

SMB 3 was actually the first game I installed onto my Wii, for some reason World 4 hates me (the one where everything is OMG HUGE)

I liked this one more than World, since the flying techs were easier to use.

Free Loader said:
The flight power in Super Mario World is way better because you can fly forever with it. Unless I just really suck at SMB3, you can't do that with a Racoon Suit(although you can with the Tanooki suit(Although I might be getting the two mixed up)).
1) Yes it is.
2) You don't suck (well, it's a really hard game, so everyone sorta sucks (except my brother; he beats it daily for fun)).
3) You didn't mix them up.

Free Loader said:
I feel your pain Lario.
I can never beat dark land. ;_;
'K.

If I ever made it to the Bowser fight, I think I'd finish it easily since the fire he breathes only goes in one direction.

Well, Wendy, Lemmy, and Ludwig were annoying enough, but I've seen a video of the fight against Bowser.

You can also make him "fireless" so he can be easy as Morton... if you have good vision.

Lario said:
Free Loader said:
I feel your pain Lario.
'K.

If I ever made it to the Bowser fight, I think I'd finish it easily since the fire he breathes only goes in one direction.

Well, Wendy, Lemmy, and Ludwig were annoying enough, but I've seen a video of the fight against Bowser.

You can also make him "fireless" so he can be easy as Morton... if you have good vision.
Don't underestimate Bowser. Just because you saw a video that made it look easy doesn't mean it's easy.

ShyGuy27 said:
Lario said:
Free Loader said:
I feel your pain Lario.
'K.

Don't underestimate Bowser. Just because you saw a video that made it look easy doesn't mean it's easy.
Well, what's the hard part in this final boss?

His own castle?

Lario said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Lario said:
Free Loader said:
I feel your pain Lario.
'K.

Well, what's the hard part in this final boss?
I'm not sure, but my brother is the greatest SMB3 player I've ever seen, and he had quite a bit of trouble on it.

I remember beating the GBA remake, but even there I skipped the infinitively repeating Fortress in Dark Land. That thing was just impossible.

Blitzwing-2 said:
I remember beating the GBA remake, but even there I skipped the infinitively repeating Fortress in Dark Land. That thing was just impossible.
YES! That's exactly where I'm stuck. :'(

I hope I'll actually find a way to beat that thing some day... (and I shall not use walkthroughs/guides; they spoil the satisfaction :P)

Blitzwing-2 said:
I never got that far. Sadly, I always get stuck fighting Wendy... -_-

Blitzwing-2 said:
Gawd, that part was so freakin' annoying. -_- Overall gameplay was great, but there were certain levels of the game that made go "haha, yeah right", and skip the level. Another one I always found hard was when Angry Sun when hunt you down and you had to jump across those single note blocks. Wtf was up with that torturous endurance?

Stooben Rooben said:
Blitzwing-2 said:
Gawd, that part was so freakin' annoying. -_- Overall gameplay was great, but there were certain levels of the game that made go "haha, yeah right", and skip the level. Another one I always found hard was when Angry Sun when hunt you down and you had to jump across those single note blocks. Wtf was up with that torturous endurance?
I remember that part; the P wing makes that level so much more easier, but I decided not to waste it (not like I ever needed the P-wing anywhere else. :P)

Stooben Rooben said:
Blitzwing-2 said:
My brother killed the sun. :P

ShyGuy27 said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Blitzwing-2 said:
using a koopa shell or a hammer suit

fire MARIO bros said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Blitzwing-2 said:
...What?

Lario said:
fire MARIO bros said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Blitzwing-2 said:
...What?
Epic Sun Kill is Epic.

fire MARIO bros said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Blitzwing-2 said:
Koopa shell. He would never waste a hammer suit on that. Seriously, he's so good he will literally run through the entire game, every level, in about two hours. For fun.

ShyGuy27 said:
fire MARIO bros said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Blitzwing-2 said:
Koopa shell. He would never waste a hammer suit on that. Seriously, he's so good he will literally run through the entire game, every level, in about two hours. For fun.
Whoooa...
How fast does he do when it's serious business?

Smiddle said:
ShyGuy27 said:
fire MARIO bros said:
ShyGuy27 said:
Stooben Rooben said:
Blitzwing-2 said:
Whoooa...
How fast does he do when it's serious business?
Well, he only really plays for fun.

ShyGuy27 said:
Free Loader said:
Does Mario even run fast enough to go through every level that fast? o_O
Yes. He never stops.
Then he probably doesn't really have to worry about wasting Hammer Suits, he can probably get along without being hit that much.

Back