Mario Kart 8 Weight Classes

Which Weight Class do you think will dominate in Mario Kart 8

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

3D Player 2004

Your local Luigi, Daisy, Yoshi, and Diddy Kong fan
Banned User
Personally, I think that we will shift away from the Speed matters most thing we've seen in Mario Kart 3DS/Wii since First place will be getting hit more often due to 2nd place getting Triple Reds and Triple Bananas circling around the Kart and the step away from being able to hold 2 items at once and instead Acceleration will be the key stat.

I think acceleration will be even more important, because you have less defense due to the fact you can hold only 1 item.

The Metal guys probably might dominate, along with Morton and Bowser (Wario never wins everyone knows that)

The lightest characters can never outspeed the heaviest characters. However, because the way items are utilized are different this time, being speed reliant won't go unpunished without a tolerable acceleration attribute.

Medium class because I get first with a medium character the most. Poor CPUs.

I've always stuck with something that gives good acceleration, and seeing as we're using parts again most characters should be fine.

How to Train Your Yoshi said:
Super Heavy, mostly because they can ram other characters, along with having decent speed as well. :pgp: :pgp: :pgp: :metal: :metal:

The metal characters are Heavy, not Super Heavy.

Actually, based on the official website, the game only has three weight classes, regardless of stat differences.

Cirdec said:
How to Train Your Yoshi said:
Super Heavy, mostly because they can ram other characters, along with having decent speed as well. :pgp: :pgp: :pgp: :metal: :metal:

The metal characters are Heavy, not Super Heavy.
They're still tied for the heaviest characters in the game.

Pink Gold Peach is as timeless as Pink Donkey Kong Jr., so don't diss her.

If I were to guess on the most dominant characters for GP races...

MK8_Rosalina_Icon.png
MK8_DKong_Icon.png
MK8_Waluigi_Icon.png
MK8_Roy_Icon.png

Those four can be rather diverse with their combo plots, as they could focus on a stat balance, high speed (up to 5.25/6), high weight (up to 5.25/6), strong acceleration (up to 4.75/6), or good traction (up to 4.75/6). Their handling can't go higher than 3.75/6, however.

Wayoshi said:
Nysic said:
I bet Heavy, because of :metal: and :pgp:
Why are these smilies here

This board is so different than when I roamed
With a name like Super Mario Boards
You expect to see
Nothing but :mario: characters
When you're using smilies
But the times they are a-changing
So don't get left behind
Cause we have a :doge: emoticon
And we hear it blows your mind

Anyway, I agree with MnSG. I'll use Waluigi, Rosalina, and Roy.

MnSG said:
If I were to guess on the most dominant characters for GP races...

MK8_Rosalina_Icon.png
MK8_DKong_Icon.png
MK8_Waluigi_Icon.png
MK8_Roy_Icon.png

Those four can be rather diverse with their combo plots, as they could focus on a stat balance, high speed (up to 5.25/6), high weight (up to 5.25/6), strong acceleration (up to 4.75/6), or good traction (up to 4.75/6). Their handling can't go higher than 3.75/6, however.

Both of my combos use Roy. I might use Waluigi sometimes too. They focus on balance, with the first having stats of 3.75/3.75/3.25/3.50/2.75 and the second with 3.75/4.25/3.25/3.75/2.00.

I don't really care about weight or traction.

Back