Rhythm Heaven Series Discussion MEGAMIX

Can we all agree that Monkey Watch absolutely sucks?

Oboro said:
I figured now's a good as time as any to hop onto the Rhythm Heaven train, so I bought Rhythm Heaven Fever. Should be here next week.

Oboro said:

ahahaha, the combo of those two posts together

Not as much as Tambourine.

Well, I got past it and the next few mini-games (everything in Columns 3 and 4) weren't anywhere near as impossible with the exception of Air Rally. How is any normal human being supposed to Perfect that?

Oboro said:
i literally can only pass this one if i face away from the tv. i thought it was fucking impossible until i handed my controller off to my cousin and he got a superb on his first try

piece of goddam fuckshit

Love Rap? More like Love Crap.

Shrimp Shuffle? More like Shit Shuffle.

Air Rally? Try Unfair Rally.

God so many great mini-games and then stuff like the above three taint it.

totally not salty

WHAT

HOLY FUCK
ITS US ONLY

D: god fuck shit damn

It's so surprising that the game's already ready by E3! I thought it would be ready by the end of the year. In any case, I have to say that it's a pity it's eShop exclusive. Still, that's no cause for complaint if this is the only way this game can only be localised.

Eventually I will be getting this game, though I am secretly hoping for a discount to make it a priority.

thanks for reading.

I honestly wouldn't be expecting a discount anytime soon, especially since it took them around 2 years to finally put dedede's drum dash deluxe, among others, on sale, which I bought immediately when I heard about it.

I'm still kind of hoping for a physical release (I swore I thought I saw box art and everything of it confirmed), but I don't think it's going to happen, sadly.

Oboro said:
I honestly wouldn't be expecting a discount anytime soon, especially since it took them around 2 years to finally put dedede's drum dash deluxe, among others, on sale, which I bought immediately when I heard about it.

I am quite aware that Nintendo games are known for keeping its full price for a long time, but as I said, if the game gets a discount, it will be a priority, meaning that I will definitely get it, as opposed to being in a wishlist of sorts.

Thanks for reading.

the eshop updates tonight in eu and i expect it to be there in the morning

it therefore will not be there and will release in march next year over here

D:

also i'm glad it supports dual audio

The game comes out October 21 (LOL) in Europe/PAL regions, but it has a physical release.

NoA can screw themselves. I'd honestly take a four month delay if it meant having a physical release, but that's just me.

motherfuckers

honestly i'd prefer it digital if i could have it now
oh well at least i have other stuff to save for in the meantime

so has anyone actually gotten this and if so how is it

i kinda feel uncomfortable dumping so much money on it blind, honestly

Nabber said:
so has anyone actually gotten this and if so how is it

i kinda feel uncomfortable dumping so much money on it blind, honestly
It's good. All you need to know is that Sumo Brothers is the best game.

So I have bitten the bullet and got this game, because at that time my cousin was around, so he can at least experience the zaniness of the series while he's around. By the time he left, he was up to Planet Land (but didn't beat Kitties! yet.

As for me, I am surprised by how well-realised this version of Rhythm Heaven is. Not only do you have the Rhythm games to go through, but also have lots of fun things to do, like feeding the goat and doing challenges. It helps that material from the previous games were there to help build this game, which is good.

One game I was disappointed that it didn't appear was Donk-Donk. Its unique rhythm makes it a really fun game. On the other hand, I can imagine there being a "Donk-Donk Hell" if it were to be present.

Thanks for reading.

winstein said:
So I have bitten the bullet and got this game, because at that time my cousin was around, so he can at least experience the zaniness of the series while he's around. By the time he left, he was up to Planet Land (but didn't beat Kitties! yet.

As for me, I am surprised by how well-realised this version of Rhythm Heaven is. Not only do you have the Rhythm games to go through, but also have lots of fun things to do, like feeding the goat and doing challenges. It helps that material from the previous games were there to help build this game, which is good.

One game I was disappointed that it didn't appear was Donk-Donk. Its unique rhythm makes it a really fun game. On the other hand, I can imagine there being a "Donk-Donk Hell" if it were to be present.

Thanks for reading.
Wait, no Donk-Donk? NOOOOOOIHOPEITSTILLHASMONKEYWATCH'CAUSEIT'SAWESOMEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

SuperDoom said:
Wait, no Donk-Donk? NOOOOOOIHOPEITSTILLHASMONKEYWATCH'CAUSEIT'SAWESOMEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

For some reason, Rhythm Heaven Fever has the most returning minigames. Of the 28 originals, 24 of them returns, which means there are 4 unused minigames:
1) Donk-Donk
2) Tambourine
3) Tap Troupe
4) Shrimp Shuffle

Personally, I am OK with the omission of the last three because they have difficult rhythm patterns. Tambourine is a Simon Says minigame where you need to take into two inputs (unlike First Contact and Shoot 'Em Up, which only have one input), Tap Troupe has a tricky rhythm change, and Shrimp Shuffle has pauses that you will not be warned about in advance.

So yes, Monkey Watch returns, but you need to purchase that minigame with Flow Balls, which are items where you can only get when you complete Challenges and Perfect Challenges. As of now, I only have enough to buy Screwbot Factory (4). I believe Monkey Watch requires 10 of them.

Thanks for reading.

I am so glad I sprung for a copy of Rhythm Tengoku when I was overseas, its wonderful finally being able to play the original. I'm surprised this never made it out of Japan because it is a perfect compliment to the sequel and I'm tempted to say I like it more than the original WarioWare. The games so far have been excellent, with only a few duds*. Its amazing that they achieved this with the gba

*fuck the quiz rhythm game soooooooooo much

K said:
I am so glad I sprung for a copy of Rhythm Tengoku when I was overseas, its wonderful finally being able to play the original. I'm surprised this never made it out of Japan because it is a perfect compliment to the sequel and I'm tempted to say I like it more than the original WarioWare. The games so far have been excellent, with only a few duds*. Its amazing that they achieved this with the gba

**bleep* the quiz rhythm game soooooooooo much

Have you played the endless Quiz minigame, or is it only the normal Quiz minigame?

Also, yeah I think the original minigame collection is quite a treat because it has a lot of variation. Not saying that it's bad that the later games focusing on simpler controls are a downgrade, but I like the variety of control schemes between games.

Thanks for reading.

winstein said:
SuperDoom said:

For some reason, Rhythm Heaven Fever has the most returning minigames. Of the 28 originals, 24 of them returns, which means there are 4 unused minigames:
1) Donk-Donk
2) Tambourine
3) Tap Troupe
4) Shrimp Shuffle

Personally, I am OK with the omission of the last three because they have difficult rhythm patterns. Tambourine is a Simon Says minigame where you need to take into two inputs (unlike First Contact and Shoot 'Em Up, which only have one input), Tap Troupe has a tricky rhythm change, and Shrimp Shuffle has pauses that you will not be warned about in advance.

So yes, Monkey Watch returns, but you need to purchase that minigame with Flow Balls, which are items where you can only get when you complete Challenges and Perfect Challenges. As of now, I only have enough to buy Screwbot Factory (4). I believe Monkey Watch requires 10 of them.

Thanks for reading.
And the other 49? 25 from Rhythm Tengoku and 24 from Rhythm Heaven?

SuperDoom said:
winstein said:
SuperDoom said:

1) Donk-Donk
2) Tambourine
3) Tap Troupe
4) Shrimp Shuffle

Thanks for reading.
And the other 49? 25 from Rhythm Tengoku and 24 from Rhythm Heaven?

For Rhythm Tengoku, these are the ones that did not return:
1) Wizard Waltz
2) Bon Odori
3) Samurai Slice
4) Show Time
5) Tram and Pauline
6) Built to Scale
7) Rap Men
8) Fireworks
9) Toss Boys

For Rhythm Heaven, these did not return:
1) Built to Scale (DS)
2) Moai Doo-Wop
3) Crop Stomp
4) DJ School
5) Drummer Duel
6) Love Lab
7) Splashdown
8) Space Soccer
9) Rockers
10) Love Lizards

If you ask me, I wish a few more of the originals return, mainly because they are pretty fun and would love to see how a modern update could go further with them. For one, the Samurai Slice could do with one because if Karate Man could have returning minigames, then Samurai Slice deserves to return also. Also, the Built to Scale ones also deserve a return to complement Fever's Built to Scale minigame.

I would like most to return, but the ones I am OK with omitting are:
1) Moai Doo Wop: Much like Tambourine, it's a minigame where you have to copy the rhythm, and there are two different inputs.
2) Love Lab: I can imagine this one being difficult to convert to a button-only control scheme
3) Bon Odori: This is a very Japanese-centric minigame, and if the difficulty of localising this minigame would have made localisation take longer, I am alright with this one being unused.
4) Love Lizard: The input requires dragging, which is probably hard to replicate on a button control scheme.

Thanks for reading.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that Love Lizards did not return.

Back