Mario Golf: World Tour Community

I chose left because I am left handed, but I am not sure if being left or right handed changes anything in the game, other than reversing non straight shots.

Cirdec said:
I chose left because I am left handed, but I am not sure if being left or right handed changes anything in the game, other than reversing non straight shots.
I don't even know why though. That's the strange part. Maybe I'm just used to characters being on that side and my brain chooses to cooperate? I dunno

Stargazing said:
Azusa Nakano said:
Every single time, I was incredibly close to winning (or at least tying) but borked it at the end. It hurts.

Anyway, I'm done for now.
What about me?
Hell, I could barely be in the -4 range before dropping down to 0. All of you make me feel crappy. but then again this game is fairly recent for me so

I should go find Kamek and ask him to change my dominant hand to left. I don't know why, but it works. I'm sick of pressing "L" before every match.

If this is your first golf game, don't worry about that. I don't know about Cirdec (though I think he's played 64 at least), but I played both Toadstool Tour and Advance Tour before this game. Using Rosalina (or Bowser) is very risky for new players because she (or he) has a very small amount of leeway before your shots go haywire for even being a tiny bit off and you may not be used to the gameplay. Get used to weaker characters and bring yourself up. I went from Paratroopa to Mario and it took me a while to adjust as I was used to easy mode.

And asking Kamek to change your dominant hand isn't really necessary if you don't use your Mii outside of Castle Club.

Azusa Nakano said:
Stargazing said:
Azusa Nakano said:
Every single time, I was incredibly close to winning (or at least tying) but borked it at the end. It hurts.

What about me?
Hell, I could barely be in the -4 range before dropping down to 0. All of you make me feel crappy. but then again this game is fairly recent for me so

I should go find Kamek and ask him to change my dominant hand to left. I don't know why, but it works. I'm sick of pressing "L" before every match.

If this is your first golf game, don't worry about that. I don't know about Cirdec (though I think he's played 64 at least), but I played both Toadstool Tour and Advance Tour before this game. Using Rosalina (or Bowser) is very risky for new players because she (or he) has a very small amount of leeway before your shots go haywire for even being a tiny bit off and you may not be used to the gameplay. Get used to weaker characters and bring yourself up. I went from Paratroopa to Mario and it took me a while to adjust as I was used to easy mode.

And asking Kamek to change your dominant hand isn't really necessary if you don't use your Mii outside of Castle Club.
I'm using Toadette frequently outside of online mode and am slowing bringing her to online, as you saw me play a couple of matches with her.

And, I thought it was necessary. My bad.

Azusa Nakano said:
Stargazing said:
Azusa Nakano said:

What about me?

I played 64 and Toadstool Tour. 64 was far harder because the trajectory of the ball was hidden, you could not see the land zone if you reduce the power of your shot (yes even for putting shots), the ball instantly stops if you hit grass...

And I think you need to ask Kamek to change your dominant hand to fit that as a default when you choose a character in any mode.

I've "played" every Mario Golf game, 64 and Advance on an emulator. 64 is certainly harder (And the GBC one, for that matter. I wasn't the best at Toadstool Tour, but eh. I'm probably better now than I was back then.

Stargazing said:
I'm using Toadette frequently outside of online mode and am slowing bringing her to online, as you saw me play a couple of matches with her.

And, I thought it was necessary. My bad.

Yeah, I've noticed. When you're used to her, you may want to gradually step it up to a higher driving character and so on, as you can't get Eagles on some Par 4s with the weaker characters very easily, so even if you become the best player here you may still lose because we have longer shots.

Cirdec said:
I played 64 and Toadstool Tour. 64 was far harder because the trajectory of the ball was hidden, you could not see the land zone if you reduce the power of your shot (yes even for putting shots), the ball instantly stops if you hit grass...

And I think you need to ask Kamek to change your dominant hand to fit that as a default when you choose a character in any mode.

That probably explains why you're so good at this. I should try playing without the trajectory line sometime, that must be the main factor of that.

And if that's the case, my bad.

Ninelevendo said:
I've "played" every Mario Golf game, 64 and Advance on an emulator. 64 is certainly harder (And the GBC one, for that matter. I wasn't the best at Toadstool Tour, but eh. I'm probably better now than I was back then.

I'm the same, I'm definitely a much better player in World Tour.

This is my first game, I'll admit.
I've played Mario Power Tennis for the Wii, but that's as close as I'll get to another golf game.

Stargazing said:
I've played Mario Power Tennis for the Wii, but that's as close as I'll get to another golf game.

What about Wii Sports? :yoshi:

I mean, everyone who got a Wii got Wii Sports, and you seem to have (had) access to one, so that should count.

Wii Sports was only available with the Wii early I think.
I sucked at Wii Sport Golf because motion controls.

Well, she may have gotten a Wii earlier or access to one of the ones that came with the game.

Either way I agree, the Mario Golf style is easier.

Azusa Nakano said:
Stargazing said:

What about Wii Sports? :yoshi:

I mean, everyone who got a Wii got Wii Sports, and you seem to have (had) access to one, so that should count.
I never played Golf on Wii Sports, if there was it on there.
I also never played on Wii Sports Resort, either. The only one I did play it on was Wii Sports U free trial or whatever a little after World Tour.

Stargazing said:
World Tour is my first game as well. That being said, I've played Toadstool Tour a couple of times over at one of my friends.

Btw. do anyone want to play a round?

I now have the first Mario Golf on my 3DS...

congrats to me

EDIT: it's the one on game boy colour i think

Ninelevendo said:
Mario Golf for the 64 was the first, the one on the GBC was the second.
no i meant i was confused on the controls

well then again i can't see it very well

Sorry not right now, I have to go have lunch with the family for uh, whatever day this is. Good Friday?

I'll play some other time though, even if I've forgotten how to play.

Back