Pokémon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire (Ruby and Sapphire Remakes)!

Glitchy said:
Speaking of Trick Room, why do they even bother giving fast pokes like Mewtwo and Alakazam Trick Room?
Support, perhaps, and Trick Room is a psychic type, so Psychic pokemon learns Psychic type moves.

It's like giving Shedinja Final Gambit.

Mario Party Σ said:
How would it do under Trick Room, though?
I guess he would be better. There are probably better pokes for trickroom.

I hope we get a Mega Torterra. Give him thick fat and a big boost to his defenses. Maybe some in attack too. Speed? Who needs speed? Just wall everything and spam Earthquake.

Ultron said:
3 > 5 > 6 > 4 > 1 > 2
swap 1 and 2 and this is my order lmao

gotta love that gen iii nostalgia

My favorite starters are

Charmander, Cyndaquil, Treecko, Turtwig, Snivy and Fennekin.

Fully evolved starters wise

Charizard, a Tie between Typhlosion and Feraligatr, Blaziken, a tie between Torterra and Empoleon, a Tie between Serperior and Samurott and finally Greninja. (Delphox's sorta in second)

i guess ill roll with it too

3>5>4>2>1>6

although im mainly referring to the games, the pokemon and the features are a whole new ball game

I count remakes as part of the same generation the original was from, regardless of what engine it was ported to.

So HGSS is still part of gen2 to me, like GSC, despite it being made on the gen4 engine.

Gamefreak75 said:
Peridot said:
Don't care much for the other two though, especially the penguin.

you talkin shit about empoleon???

1393911558318.jpg

also 4 > 5 > 3 > 6 > 2 > 1

Sorry man, that beak is just completely ridiculous. As is the metal ridge sticking out of its front, and the surfboard flippers with claws randomly growing out of them that look useless for grabbing purposes.

I would not want to be this creature. It looks like it was cursed with a very uncomfortable life.

"Useless for grabbing"? Penguins can totally grab with their flippers.

Not sure I like the weird metal ridges that reinforce Gamefreak's obsession with crotch spikes in their designs, but Empoleon is cool.

I meant the claws that arbitrarily grow out of the flippers. They seem to serve no purpose.

Yeah, I think so. But then, it can't learn metal claw or something like that. But I think Gamefreak should just make the flippers more like blades.

Because those aren't tangible wings. And why the hell does it need an additional pair of legs?

Actually

5 = 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 6

It's hard to choose between Gen 5 and 4. Gen 4 just has so much nostalgia, while 5 has the best plot and soundtrack. Not to mention Gen 4 introduced my favourite Pokémon. HGSS were also amazing, and SoulSilver was my second game.

I really like the Pokemon introduced in Generation IV. I feel like they are all for the most part great additions and even the added evolutions of prior pokemon were amazing as can be (Gallade, Froslass, Dusknoir, Roserade, Porygon Z, etc.). I also felt that the plot was really good (Gen V definitely had the best and most convincing plot though), and it has some replay value to it. I also think I like it because it really challenges you out of all the Pokemon games I've played, because I know that getting to the Elite 4 and Cynthia is very painful.

Gen VI definitely is second or third on the list. I think with XY and OR/AS, it's bringing a lot of the old into the new, so to speak. It feels like they did a great job with the areas and bringing all the past Pokemon relevant again (not that they weren't, but the mega evolutions definitely bring light to some Pokemon). I still need to finish OR. I didn't get very far since school got in the way...

all pokemon plots aren't amazing but gen 6's was probably the worst in terms of progression, it was so...misguided? it felt like you were forced into being a dumbass just so that the evil team could progress, and the final battle was just ridiculous

plus i fucking hate how it results in a giant hole in geosenge town that doesn't go away

IF ONE THING Gen 5 had amazing music and that's why pokemon white is my second favourite game behind emerald
examples:
Driftveil City
Icirrus City
Route 10
Accumula Town (w/ drums and piano)
Team Plasma Battle
Low Health Battle Theme - best use of that annoying sound ever

Donatello said:
I was annoyed by the Flare Grunts constantly yapping about how stylish they are when they clearly have no style in the first place.
serena/calem commenting about how ugly the suits were was the highlight of the story

it wasn't even that good of a burn though

Donatello said:
I was annoyed by the Flare Grunts constantly yapping about how stylish they are when they clearly have no style in the first place.

THEY HAVE NO STYLE
THEY HAVE NO GRACE
THIS EVIL TEAM HAS A FUNNY PLAN

Back