Pokémon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire (Ruby and Sapphire Remakes)!

Regardless, you still made a blanket statement.

welp i got this game recently just to try a new game, and gotta say ive realized that what dropped my interest was x/y,.

This game is immensely better and gotta love the new stuff they brought in. Sadly im having a hard time deciding my team atm so ive literally gone back and forth for many pokemon for about 30 hours.

Zae Eildus said:
gotta say ive realized that what dropped my interest was x/y,.
pretty much this

i know i haven't played any beforehand, but x/y made me think all games were boring lol

i think the new stuff in x/y was good but the region and a lot of the characters were just really boring.

The "rivals" in X/Y seemed really one note.
They tried to hide Lysandre being the leader or Team Flare but failed miserably. It was less obvious with Diantha but I still got it.
The post game is non-existent minus the few Looker chapters.
Battle Maison sucks, however the house battle thing on the breeding road is actually quite nice.

I have a large amounts of complaints about XY.

When I saw Lysandre I immediately said, "That guy will be the leader of Team Flare." That's how painfully obvious it. Same for Diantha for being the champion. I also found that they tried to make her too similar to Cynthia. Overall the plot and characters were a major step back from Black and White and was overall a huge disappointment for me. The only thing that made me like X and Y were a few of the new Pokémon (but some still sucked), and the new features (which are made completely obsolete by ORAS). Team Flare is also the worst evil team in the series especially compared to Team Plasma and the Gym Leaders were so bland and boring. The Battle Mansion is the most boring Battle Factility, especially right after a game with the PWT. Kalos was also very boring, and all it really had going for it was the French theme. The locations were boring as well. Santalune Forest is literally a clone of the Viridian Forest, from the location to having pikachu, while in DP there was the Eterna Forest which had the Old Chateau and BW had the Pinwheel Forest which had a really cool design. And don't get me started on the Haunted House from Kalos. I was extremely dissapointed with that. So disappointed that I didn't give him a tip (I usually will because I think it raises the chance of finding a shiny). All the caves were very bland and forgettable. Most of cities (with the exception of Lumiose) all seemed the same, and Lumiose City is hell to navigate across. And I thought Castelia City was hard to travel through. Also, XY has the least amount of new Pokémon, including Megas, while BW introduced 150, one of from Kanto. And for the most part, they were good designs, although some did suck (Vanilluxe, Garbodor), but every region has its fair share of bad designs. A lot of people will say that at BW they were starting to lose ideas, but if anything they are now due to the low amount of new Pokémon.

TLDR: X and Y have a massive amount of flaws

well x/y did have the appearance customization though and that was good and im very grateful for the new fairy type as well as megas( although some are not needed and some are very stupid looking), but overall yeah i can agree with you otherwise.

I didn't really care for the customization. A lot of it just seemed like different colours and almost all of it was a jacket or a t-shirt. It also sucks you can't remove the hat. I just made my trainer look as similar to Red as I could, instead of actually making it look like me.

well it wasnt exactly the best appearance customization i can agree with, but im always up for some even if they were a bit small in comparison to some other games.

I actually rather liked Pokemon X/Y and consider it probably my 4th favorite generation.

I'm kind of with Zae. The new pogomans were pretty good and the gameplay additions and tweaks were nice, but everything around that, especially the story was just abysmal. The game treats you like you're some sort of idiot. I just found following that whole ordeal patronizing, especially everything concerning Team Flare and the myriads of ways this evil plot could have been stopped dead in its tracks had you not been relegated to playing a potato instead of a pokémon trainer.

I already ranted about that before though.

I liked the general idea of player customization and would like to see it return. But a bit less restrictive please. More hairstyles, long hair for male trainers, and more hair colors than barely any too, including more exotic ones. Pokémon is anime as fuck already, the game is not going to become less believable if you let a trainer have green, blue, or pink hair. People with these haircolors all exist in this universe already. Also, let players wear whatever they want, even if it's a dress as a guy. Animal Crossing did it and it sold regardless. You can do it too.

I haven't played ORAS, but from what I've seen, it looks nice. I like the overhaul they gave Wally and his development. The final confrontation with him now actually feels climactic instead of "ok, yeah, whatevs". The remastered music is nice too. Plus, the best champion of all generations is now in 3D.

May said:
The "rivals" in X/Y seemed really one note.
They tried to hide Lysandre being the leader or Team Flare but failed miserably. It was less obvious with Diantha but I still got it.
The post game is non-existent minus the few Looker chapters.
Battle Maison sucks, however the house battle thing on the breeding road is actually quite nice.
My opinions against X/Y in a nutshell. Seriously, the SECOND I saw Lysandre I knew he was Team Flare's leader. I did not spoil myself beforehand either. Perhaps even worse, he's just a bad villain (and not in the way that a villain should be). At least Power-up Punching his Mega Gyarados into oblivion with my Mega Lucario was satisfying. Also, Mega Gyarados is dumb.

Shauna was the only decent rival, and even then she wasn't anything special.

I agree with customization being too limited as well, but I do like that they actually introduced it. If they don't bring it back in Gen 7 and improve it, I will not be a happy camper.

May said:
I didn't really like Shauna that much. My favourite is Serena/Calem, but they battled you way too much.

Calem is forever cemented in my mind as a complete moron. I remember that instance where you do a multi-battle with him and he kept using a move that affected both enemies and my mons, and he kept burning my team with his idiocy.

Eventually I just went "fuck it", started targeting his team instead of the enemy, took out all of his mons, and then solo'd the battle.

I think all of X and Y's rivals are garbage. My favourite rival is probably Hugh, he's not a jerk but he's still competitive. Serena/Calem try to be competitive, but completely fail at that.

Lumastar said:
Silver is still the best rival.

I think Silver is a hypocrite. Right after I wreck his team he calls me "weak".

Back