Pokémon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire (Ruby and Sapphire Remakes)!

Competitive Pokemon continues to be a joke, lol.

Dr. Mario said:
Competitive Pokemon continues to be a joke, lol.

it's more of a joke than ever

Welp, time to make a team of 6 Articuno with Mind Reader and Sheer Cold.

Try hitting me once with Mind Reader after I've Double Teamed 50 times with my Moody Bidoof.

So my planned party is:

1. Swampert
2. Sableye
3. Altaria
4. Metagross
5. Manectric

Any suggestions for my 6th pokemon? I'm thinking Ludicolo, Shedninja, Zangoose or Slaking. My team is more or less built to take on Steven't Steven's Metagross.

Ludicolo is pretty good, great typing, and mostly all around good pokemon.

Not to mention great abilities.

Zangoose can be good but the thing is very frail and without toxic boost its very hard to use, since it wont have time to use sword dance since its defenses suck so bad. Good physical attacker but yeah.

As good as slakings stats and movepool is, it has a hard time keeping up thanks to its crap ability.

It has some good moves, but yeah.

I'd say Ludicolo, but your Swampert already has most of the bases (Rock, Ground, and Fire) covered while Manectric has the Water side covered.

Shedinja isn't great at all, dies to a lot of the gym leaders, Team Magma, half the E4, and to entry hazards.

Like Zae said, Zangoose is pretty good but is very frail and Normal-type only kinda hurts it. Same with Slaking.

My personal suggestion would be a Fire-type but there really isn't a good selection of fire types in this game (Camerupt is decent, Torkoal is alright, Magcargo is just bad) or a Fighting-type (Machamp is really good, but you need to trade with someone with to make it evolve and Medicham has good coverage too).

Shedinja isn't great at all, dies to a lot of the gym leaders, Team Magma, half the E4, and to entry hazards.

not to mention any passive status affect will destroy it, 1 hp from poison, sandstorm, or hail is pretty much death.

Not that i think a lot of pokemon get hail in the remake but yeah.

Haven't played it for myself, but agreed with you on that.

if anyones having trouble getting the eon ticket try homepass (alternate guides). all you should need is an ethernet cable and access to your computers admin account, ideally

i got the eon ticket on my first try using the mac address 4E53504F4F47, though i had to disable all my other streetpass titles first, so probably make a list of them to reenable and check the data on them first

also lisia is worst girl

I don;t have the game, but I have a question. Are there a good amount of strong, post-game trainers to grind for EXP? XY were kinda lacking in this department.

Gamefreak75 said:
I'd say Ludicolo, but your Swampert already has most of the bases (Rock, Ground, and Fire) covered while Manectric has the Water side covered.

Like Zae said, Zangoose is pretty good but is very frail and Normal-type only kinda hurts it. Same with Slaking.

My personal suggestion would be a Fire-type but there really isn't a good selection of fire types in this game (Camerupt is decent, Torkoal is alright, Magcargo is just bad) or a Fighting-type (Machamp is really good, but you need to trade with someone with to make it evolve and Medicham has good coverage too).

I was planning on using Shedninja solely to make Steven's Metagross useless, just in case Mega Sableye falls.

Ludicolo I was planning for softening up Metagross, too bad its Defense is underwhelming and its slower then Mega Metagross. Plus, a second water type would be helpful so Swampert doesn't have to carry all 3 water HMs.

Should probably rethink Zangoose. Slaking I could work with if not for Truant.

Manectric and Altaria can learn Flamethrower, so no big deal (if I can find the TM).

I could look into the fighting types though.

Evolved Ralts into Kirlia, now going to transfer it to Pokemon Y because I have a dawn stone there.

GalacticPetey said:
I don;t have the game, but I have a question. Are there a good amount of strong, post-game trainers to grind for EXP? XY were kinda lacking in this department.

I haven't beaten the game yet (decided to restart Pokemon Platinum for the heck of it), but it seems the best way to do so is Secret Base grinding. There are a few secret bases solely made up of Lvl. 100 Blisseys with Healing Wish (it automatically faints them). Only problem is they can be used once a day but if you fight all of them, they can give a good chunk of EXP.

Also, XY had the Battle Chateau with the duchesses that had three Audinos. If you use the Cards of Challenge on them and EXP O-Power + Lucky Egg, you can gain like 100000+ Exp instantly.

Gamefreak75 said:
GalacticPetey said:

I haven't beaten the game yet (decided to restart Pokemon Platinum for the heck of it), but it seems the best way to do so is Secret Base grinding. There are a few secret bases solely made up of Lvl. 100 Blisseys with Healing Wish (it automatically faints them). Only problem is they can be used once a day but if you fight all of them, they can give a good chunk of EXP.

Also, XY had the Battle Chateau with the duchesses that had three Audinos. If you use the Cards of Challenge on them and EXP O-Power + Lucky Egg, you can gain like 100000+ Exp instantly.
Huh. I always forgot the Battle Chateau existed.

Gamefreak75 said:
GalacticPetey said:

the best way to do so is Secret Base grinding. There are a few secret bases solely made up of Lvl. 100 Blisseys with Healing Wish (it automatically faints them). Only problem is they can be used once a day but if you fight all of them, they can give a good chunk of EXP.

I just checked Bulbapedia and it only says you can battle other players.

It will also be possible to, by visiting another player's Secret Base, have battles with the members,
. Doesn't that mean you can only challenge other players, and last time I checked, you don't get EXP during battles against other human trainers. Then again i could be misinterpreting this.

Flareon said:
DragonFreak said:
GalacticPetey said:
Rayquaza did it. he actually did it. he broke smogon.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ubers-is-now-a-tier-a-new-metagame-called-anything-goes-is-added-m-ray-is-banned-from-ubers.3523205/

New tier. Anything goes. No restrictions what so ever.
But the real question is how will this affect the card game

But you play Yu-Gi-Oh instead of Pokemon
That was half the joke.

Gamefreak75 said:
GalacticPetey said:

It thought those battle places don't earn EXP.

Proof of GameFreak and GP's statement

It's good for racking up money, but exp takes a little too much time, especially when your Pokemon are in the 30-50's.

Back