Seriously, what's with that Pink Gold Peach?

Dashbot

BREEE
Since It has been announced, and I just feel that everyone loved her so much, many users put "Pink Gold" in their names, even Steve put her name on the fourm positions on the FAQ. What exactly is nice of her? I hate it even more than I hate Metal Mario n' Gold Mario.. They are just a bad try to increase the roster of players for a game.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/irony

:pgp: is the best character to exist ever. thank you based sakurai.

Miyamoto: luv u 2
You: O///O

what did I just write

Dry Troopa said:
I have one reason why I like PGP (Pink Gold Peach) is because SHE'S MADE ENTIRELY OUT OF GOLD!!!
But, WHY PAINTED PINK?!?
There's actually a thing called pink gold.

Super Smash Misty said:
Dry Troopa said:
I have one reason why I like PGP (Pink Gold Peach) is because SHE'S MADE ENTIRELY OUT OF GOLD!!!
But, WHY PAINTED PINK?!?

So it's actually a somewhat clever name when you consider Peach's associations with the colour pink... not that it wasn't already, because :pgp: and all that good stuff.

I don't really care either way about any of the controversial roster additions such as Pink Gold Peach, Baby Rosalina, Honey Queen, Metal Mario, etc. Mario Kart rosters have never been the most important thing for me. Courses are what I want to know more then the Character Roster. (The roster could shrink to all the characters that were playable in Mario Kart 64 plus some extra to make sure that there would be 12 racers and I would be satisfied to be honest. Having an additional 18 more then that is just bonus.)

With Pink Gold Peach, it's just another racer that i'll for the most part ignore as I'm likely going to be playing as Luigi the most anyway.

Pink Gold is actually a real world type of gold, as Ask.com describes.

Ask.com said:
Rose gold, also known as pink gold or red gold, is a mixture of pure yellow gold with a high percentage of copper. It has a very subtle and delicate colour that may intensify somewhat with age due to a slight, but attractive, tarnishing of the copper.

So while Pink Gold Peach may be rather ridiculous, at least the name makes sense.

MnSG said:
Pink Gold is actually a real world type of gold, as Ask.com describes.

Ask.com said:
Rose gold, also known as pink gold or red gold, is a mixture of pure yellow gold with a high percentage of copper. It has a very subtle and delicate colour that may intensify somewhat with age due to a slight, but attractive, tarnishing of the copper.

So while Pink Gold Peach may be rather ridiculous, at least the name makes sense.
The name sounds like it's a flavour of Kool-Aid.
Customer- "Uh, can I have some of that Pink Gold Peach?"
Counter- "Yes, here you go."

Super Smash Misty said:
Dry Troopa said:
But, WHY PAINTED PINK?!?
It's called rose gold. Or at least that's what the jewellers call it. :P

Dashbot said:
Since It has been announced, and I just feel that everyone loved her so much, many users put "Pink Gold" in their names, even Steve put her name on the fourm positions on the FAQ. What exactly is nice of her? I hate it even more than I hate Metal Mario n' Gold Mario.. They are just a bad try to increase the roster of players for a game.
"MY OPINION IS RIGHT DAMMIT!"
"STOP LIKING THINGS I DON'T LIKE!"

As I've already said before:

It's possible Nintendo made all these ridiculous decisions for the MK8 roster on purpose. I mean look on how the direct was shaped...

These characters actually make sense.

Rosalina is becoming very popular and it was the perfect moment to put Baby Rosalina.
Pink Gold Peach was to add a heavyweight and metal female character.

Potted Piranha Plant said:
Super Smash Misty said:
Dry Troopa said:
But, WHY PAINTED PINK?!?
It's called rose gold. Or at least that's what the jewellers call it. :P
MnSG said:
Ask.com said:
It's like how woodchucks are also called groundhogs.

Xanthium said:
Urrgh. Someone actually agrees with my opinion of PGP. So ugly. So unneeded. Yet so loved?

Honestly I think most of it is just for the irony and humor purposes. People have even taken Pink Gold Peach to be basically the troll character. The one that not many actually use other then people who like to play Peach and would like to be a Heavyweight every once in a while. But still used just for shits and giggles occasionally.

@Dashbot

It's called "tongue-in-the-cheek"

Xanthium said:
Cirdec said:
Xanthium said:
Urrgh. Someone actually agrees with my opinion of PGP. So ugly. So unneeded. Yet so loved?

Pink Gold Peach is everything but ugly.

We must have a different conception of beauty.
It's just about the color of things that matter.

Both shapes are the same. Yet, most people will choose the left one over the right one, because of the material.

compareDiamondCoal.png

The same way, some will find Pink Gold Peach more beautiful than Princess Peach, though these two are a bit more matched to each other than the two shapes above.

Back