Mario Kart 8 - All the music (new and retro tracks)

vini64

Goomba
Music from every track of the game (excluding Grumble Volcano, 'cause it's the same one from MKW). And man... Nintendo really did their best in this OST.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7z4hndyaGDXRaXkD76rekmI-6ejIAQPU

I <3<3<3<3<3<3 this OST best Mario Kart OST ever no joke

I'm not going to really get myself immersed in the music until I actually play the game.

Potted Piranha Plant said:
Wow... I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo make a Mario Kart 8 soundtrack CD.
Nintendo soundtrack CDs should be bought from retail stores, not just from Club Nintendo.

btw, my favourites track music.
-Electrodome
-Mario Kart Stadium
-Shy Guy Falls
-Wii Moo Moo Meadows
-N64 Rainbow Road

With all due respect... these are the same ones that we heard from NOA's official Mario Kart 8 site under the "Courses" section. Even though this is an extra help, I'd still rather wait until an OST gets announced.

But at least this gives me some ideas music arrangement wise. *lol*

i'm not sure i'd say it's the best soundtrack ever, but i'm really loving the toad harbor music

I'm starting to really like the DS Wario Stadium and 3DS Piranha Plant Slide remixes :3

I haven't listened to all of the tracks yet, but honestly I'm a little disappointed in the retro music, namely Toad's Turnpike and Yoshi Valley. They're nice, but they don't really capture the feel of the original songs to me. I guess this is probably because the tracks themselves are going to have a different feel, but even on their own I can't really say I like these as much as I like the original songs.

That said, new Tick Tock Clock is absolutely fantastic. And I am so hyped for these three stages regardless of the music.

I really like Shy Guy Falls, Wii Moo Moo Meadows, N64 Yoshi Valley and Mount Wario.

I like the violin a lot okay.
vini64 said:
Music from every track of the game (excluding Grumble Volcano, 'cause it's the same one from MKW). And man... Nintendo really did their best in this OST.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7z4hndyaGDXRaXkD76rekmI-6ejIAQPU
I recognize your name from when I viewed them on a link on reddit. Thanks for doing this btw.

Anyone notice that during the main theme of the game, part of the music is the original theme for Super Mario Kart?

PeteyPiranhaPerson said:
Anyone notice that during the main theme of the game, part of the music is the original theme for Super Mario Kart?

I instantly did

lemaskdemasque said:
All the songs sound amazing except Thwomp Ruins. :-\ My favourite though has to be Mount Wario.

Hey, I like the Thwomp Ruins music! :( But I do agree with you in the case of the Mount Wario music which blows everything else out of the water.

Mount Wario is good but is insignificant compared to Sweet Sweet Canyon, Cloudtop Cruise, or Rainbow Road.

PeteyPiranhaPerson said:
Mount Wario is good but is insignificant compared to Sweet Sweet Canyon, Cloudtop Cruise, or Rainbow Road.

I'll have you (and others know) that I do plan to make Super Nintendo music style arrangements of some of these scores in the coming months. I'm already getting music arrangment ideas in the case of the "Sweet Sweet Canyon" course music; it's just that great.

And yes, I still have the super epic "Mount Wario" music stuck in my head as I write this! *rotfl*

Back