Bravely Default

I don't think it is, I was in the high 70s when I made it to the final normal chapter.

That said, I think they get harder in Chapter 5 and onwards? I'm not 100% sure, my memory is foggy.

I was only Lv85 when I beat the game so I'll just assume my memory isn't shot and that I didn't put as much time into grinding out abilities and stuff as you guys. I did for a few hours at the start before it became tedious and I realised it wasn't fun. I played Normal mode if that had some effect on that.
I also tried killing all the job masters again but after one run through of that I also decided it was tedious and seriously boring, the whole second half of this game was bad besides both ending chapters.

I tried to fight the super boss, got wrecked and didn't bother trying again because I had missed some stuff in my initial run anyway and planned to get it later.

Also:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=6F0Gfdiu8Ro[/youtube]

Shows twenty-four of Bravely Second's jobs in action, I think the text near the end is saying there's thirty jobs or something but I dunno, I'm not Japanese. Either way it looks fairly neat, looking forward to trying the new ones.

I am currently in Chapter 2, and although I played this game in Normal, I already found the monsters to be unbeatable in one turn. They really hit hard for anyone who isn't a Knight, which is a bit worrying. I think I saw how hard this is when I found out how hard-hitting the boss at the end of Chapter 1 was. My party's at the Level 23 - 24 range.

Although I reached Florem, I have a nagging feeling that I am missing the Time Mage job, based on the fact that I encounter Level 2 Time Magic in the shop, but I am yet to find out where to get it. I know the king in Ancheim dresses himself like a Time Mage, but I have not a clue on how to get this.

Thanks for reading.

winstein said:
Although I reached Florem, I have a nagging feeling that I am missing the Time Mage job, based on the fact that I encounter Level 2 Time Magic in the shop, but I am yet to find out where to get it. I know the king in Ancheim dresses himself like a Time Mage, but I have not a clue on how to get this.
You are.

If you've gotten the Thief and Merchant jobs, go back to Ancheim at night.

I am in the middle of Chapter 5, and I have a question...

At which point do you get the last Job?

Thanks for reading.

im not 100% sure but i think you cant get it until the after end game
doesnt beating the adventurer give you his asterisk or am i wrong

That boss doesn't give you an asterisk, the last one he's talking about is probably;
Conjurer
google says it's in chapter 6 at the earliest which lines up with what I remember.

It seems tempting to see these spoilers since I am essentially not much aware on this game's details going forward. However, if the last Job does indeed show up until then, I wonder what sort of things happened for it to appear (still in the middle of Chapter 5).

Thanks for reading.

I have reached Chapter 7 (at the beginning) so far.

I don't know why I laughed at the post-battle cutscene for Barras and Holly in Chaptet 6. Something must be wrong with me.

Also, I didn't notice anything unusual about Airy's wings until Ringabel pointed out the unusual. Namely, the numbering of the wing. Now I wished I paid more attention to that detail earlier. I wanted to see how the "4" and "5" looked like before going to a new world.

Another thing interesting is the title change. Surprised to see that some of the letters became missing to reveal a change in title. I can see why they omitted this detail in both the game's title and the title on the box art.

Regarding the last job...

Yes, it indeed is achievable at Chapter 6 the earliest. Probably the most heartfelt sub-scenario thus far.

Thanks for reading.

In the middle of Chapter 8 so far. Doing the sub-scenarios first.

I have beaten most of the Jobmaster team-ups so far. Now going to face the Ominas team-up, which I heard is pretty hard.

In terms of team-ups I did, the only one that gave me a game over was the Eternia First Division one (Kimiishima, Praline, Qada, Barbarossa and Kikyo), mainly because of Qada's Dark Breath move. Initially I wanted to mass attack all of them, but personally, Qada is the most dangerous enemy, so I took out everyone else first. In fact, a team with Kimiishima requires me to eliminate one at a time (even in the team-up including Heinkielm, Holly, Kikyo and him), even though I would have liked to mass attack as much as I can.

The team that gave me the least trouble is probably the Lester and Yulyana team-up. Probably helps that they are only a two-man show, since they were the hardest individual Jobmasters. I just spammed Firestorm to shorten the duration of danger (since each of them hits quite hard).

Thanks for reading.

Completed the game a few days ago. Basically it's an amazing experience!

So, the first thing I want to say about this game is that the package is one of the most stellar experiences. Since I love Final Fantasy 5, I believe that this game is right up my alley, and I was right in that. Although this game is naturally different from Final Fantasy, its new battle system adds a new layer of strategy. I think that the fact that I can do four things in a row kinds of become a sort of "addiction", so to speak, because later on I enlisted the help of the Singing's BP up moves and Hasten World to make sure I can do as many things as I need. Another thing I liked to do is to keep my buffs, so I used Buff Up to sort of permanently make my characters have max stats.

Anyway, enough about the game's system. Let's talk about other things. The voice acting is, while I am not going to say I love it, I must say that it is serviceable. Most of them are alright, though I do find Agnes to be somewhat high-pitched sometimes. I do think it's fun to hear her declaration of "Unacceptable" during Airy's battle. Using Event Viewer, I got to hear a glimpse on the Japanese voices too. I know that it's a vocal opinion that Japanese voices are better, but I think I prefer the English ones better for the comprehension. Not only that, I think some sounded more natural in English. For one, I am used to Ringabel's smooth speeches compared to his oddly deep one in the Japanese version. On the other hand, one exception I could make out is Kikyo's voice, which sounded natural in the Japanese due to how fast (and hard to catch) she speaks.

My first contact with this game is through its music. It sounded really majestic and pleasing to the ears, but for every theme I hear, I formed an impression on what the place or scenario looks like before I see where it's used. For example, before I went to Ancheim, I thought the music used there would be for a desert dungeon. Baby Bird sounded like a theme associated with flying on the map with some flight-related thing, but it's actually Edea's theme in battle.

The designs of the jobs are pretty creative takes from the established ones in Final Fantasy, and I loved to see them. For example, the Red Mage has a flamenco dancer design compared to the wizard-like designs in the original (I seriously thought this was a Dancer job), while the White Mage has distinct designs between the male and female ones. New takes on established jobs are also pretty cool to see. The Valkyrie is essentially a stand-in for Dragoons, except it has a more female air to it due to being introduced from a female character. A Vampire is essentially a Blue Mage except it's a Physical job, making them more of a Physical Blue Mage.

The naming of the characters being more pun-based is something I quite enjoyed, since you can get the gist on how their name comes into play with their character. The fact that their names were rarely made fun of for its puns (one I could think of is Barras in Ringabel's journal) made it more enjoyable since it's like their names are just there to be observed, and not there to just be made fun of. Even the main characters have punny names, which made it even more amazing.

If you played this game (or read some words on it), then I am sure you are aware that there's travelling between worlds. To be honest, I did not expect this, since I never read about this game's details until later. I do know for sure that it would be handy to have Genome skills (this game's Blue Magic, if you are familiar with Final Fantasy), because the skill set is pretty useful based on what I see. Certainly, it was pretty difficult to get the Vampire, but I managed, and it's worth the trouble since from this point, Vampirism is essential. Anyway, going through the routine in Chapter 5 was not bad, I thought, but I could feel a sense of fatigue in Chapter 6 due to my need to fight the Jobmasters every time. I think that it's a relief that Chapter 7 provided some interesting team-ups, because it makes this quest so much more exciting! Yes, there were difficult ones, but in hindsight, it's better than the boring routine of facing one or two Jobmasters at a time (as it was from the first world).

What really made the journey more meaningful is re-battling the Jobmasters. Although they get tougher with each subsequent battle, they also provided some interesting insights to their characters. Some are more sympathetic, but some are weird. For example, if you saw the aftermath of Barras and Holly in Chapter 6, you might know what they're up to after the battle ends. Essentially, there is an implication that they made out, which I can't help but find funny. The Praline scenario in Chapter 7 is rather fun, and although it looked like Praline is vanquished, it surprised me to see that she survived, which makes her one of the few Jobmasters to survive in every world. Even the Lord DeRosso one in Chapter 8 is funny because he teamed up with Yulyana, who entered the battle in the beginning (but isn't present in the dungeon map).

I have beaten the game and gotten the proper ending, and to see the aftermath of the characters in a positive light is rather enlightening. The only thing I didn't get is Tiz collapsing in the end, because I wonder what's up with that. I have also seen the other ending, which is not as conclusive, but I got the feeling of warmth seeing the characters returning to their peaceful lives. In the end of the proper ending, the interactive movie is kind of neat, and I would like to see more of it, especially what's in store in the next game, and what's up with Tiz.

I won't say I fully completed this game, mainly because of the Nemesis fights and one Vampirism skill, but I would say that it's as 100% as I could hope for, given that the optional content could be tough (yes, I have even beaten the super boss in Dimension's Hasp too).

So that's my long essay on this game. It's such a fantastic experience and I am glad to have the opportunity to experience it. What else can I say about it? Oh yeah: consider me as one who's in anticipation of Bravely Second!

Thanks for reading.

i LOVED this game BUT i never finished it! pls no ending spoilers! Spoilers ahead ??

I got to the part when you go through the time portal or whatever and you can fight all the old bosses/characters again but everything is SLIGHTLY different. i literally only fought the first bosses and got so overwhelmed with the possibility of having to possibly fight eveyrthing again (since there was no way i wasnt going to not fight everyone again) that I just quit the game cold turkey (OMG this game came out 3 years ago feels like yesterday). prob my favorite 3DS game. I never beat Fire Emblem, Shingecko mango tensei 4, or monster hunter 3ds either. wow the only 3ds game i 'beat' was pokemon but that game like forces you to beat it wow end ramble. if the rumors are true of a sequel imma be so sad

WagNak said:
i LOVED this game BUT i never finished it! pls no ending spoilers! Spoilers ahead ??

I got to the part when you go through the time portal or whatever and you can fight all the old bosses/characters again but everything is SLIGHTLY different. i literally only fought the first bosses and got so overwhelmed with the possibility of having to possibly fight eveyrthing again (since there was no way i wasnt going to not fight everyone again) that I just quit the game cold turkey (OMG this game came out 3 years ago feels like yesterday). prob my favorite 3DS game. I never beat Fire Emblem, Shingecko mango tensei 4, or monster hunter 3ds either. wow the only 3ds game i 'beat' was pokemon but that game like forces you to beat it wow end ramble. if the rumors are true of a sequel imma be so sad

If you want to, you can kind of skip straight to the ending from that point onward, but be warned: this will get the improper ending (which means it's not the ending that sets up for the sequel).

If you want to keep pressing on, then you must not do what I mentioned in the following spoiler. If you want to know how to get to that "ending": You have to keep tapping "X" when you are supposed to "cleanse" the crystals. After that, the end-game dungeon will open.

There are four times you will need to do this (one of them being the first time you did it, judging from what you said), so there are three more before you get to the true final boss. Also, if you like, you can face some interesting Jobmaster team ups in Chapter 7 and Chapter 8. Not to mention, there's a new Job only available in Chapter 6 after you beaten two crystal bosses.

Thanks for reading.

Back