Alternate Costume Ideas/Predictions

Smashgoom202

Dry Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
If there's already a topic for this, post a link to it and lock this.

The topic title says it all. Personally, I think it would be nice if every character had at least one alternate skin/costume, though I have to wonder if every characters has that many alternate designs to offer... Here's a list alternate costume ideas I have for all the confirmed characters so far.

Pit: Well, there's always Dark Pit, who was actually in Brawl (albeit before Dark Pit was a thing). Here's MY thought though: how about Pit's original look? You know how Sakurai "updated" Pit's look for Brawl, with the mindset of what Pit would look if his games continued? Well, how about his more simplistic look from the original Kid Icarus games as an alternate costume? To give you an idea of what he would look like, here's some official artwork from the first Kid Icarus, as well as Pit's trophy from Super Smash Bros. Melee. A lot more plain compared to what Pit normally wears nowadays, wouldn't you say?

Bowser: Well, Dry Bowser is the first thing that immediately comes to mind. People have suggested Dark Bowser, but I'm very "eh" that, mostly because I find Dark Bowser and the Dark Star from Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story to be very bland, cliche, and boring... But HERE'S a creative idea, what about Bowser's original look from Super Mario Bros.? You know, that weird green thing, the thing that King Koopa from the cartoon series is mostly based on? Or how about going a step further and having his original look as conceived by Shigeru Miyamoto? The one seen on this old artwork (that I THINK could be seen on the European cover of Super Mario Bros.); now THAT'S going old-school!

Pikachu: Other then shiny Pikachu, I can't really think of any kind of alternate costume/skin to use... Some have suggested a Pichu or Raichu look, but I'm not too sure about that... Maybe they could make him look like the original TCG card? That would be an out-there choice.

Fox: Well, there's his look from Star Fox Adventures, as well as his look from Star Fox: Assault. They could even go the route of Project M and make his alternate skin his original look from Melee! Considering that a lot of people think his Star Fox: Command look looks pretty dumb, that would be a nice gesture.

Kirby: Even moreso then Pikachu, I don't think Kirby can have any true alternate skins, other then the color swaps he already has. I'm almost tempted to say there should be a Gooey costume, but I'm not sure if they'd be able to make that work. Really, he can't wear anyhting because it would interfere with the hats he gains form using his copy ability.

Wii Fit Trainer: Well, she already has the male Wii Fit Trainer... But what about giving her the same look she has in Wii Fit U? It wouldn't be that hard.

Mega Man: Okay, since the various Mega Mans are part of his Final Smash, that limits the suggestions/predictions I have. Of course, I expect some of his color changes from when he uses a Robot Master's power from the original games, but what else... Well, he could fight without his helmet, which we briefly saw at the beginning of his SSB trailer. Or they could go a step further by having him look like what he did before he became Mega Man, i.e. back when he was just "Mega" or "Rock" or whatever. ...Or maybe they'd give him a Proto Man or Bass costume, but I doubt that.

Samus: Well, most of her suits are just variations on the Varia Suit, just the same suit with different colors (and very slight visual changes), but what I'd really like to see is her Fusion Suit that actually LOOKS like it does from the game Metroid Fusion! Oh, and her normal Power Suit, too!

Link: Well, there are variations on his tunic color for sure, but they already have that covered since Brawl. No, what I'd like to see are some other kinds of outfits, like him in his Magic Armor, his farmer look from Twilight Princess, or his look from Skyward Sword before he became a knight (and sorry, I couldn't find a better picture :( ). I suppose you could also do what Project M did, and give him his Ocarina of Time look as opposed to the Twilight Princess/Skyward Sword mix he has now. Or go a step further by using one of his other old looks, like his look from Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, his A Link to the Past look (complete with pink hair!), or his Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons, or A Link Between Worlds look, which are all pretty similar to his A Link to the Past look, minus the pink hair. Any one of these would be a nice touch.

Donkey Kong: This is like Kirby, in that Donkey Kong honestly doesn't have that many other looks going for him. You could go for his Super Kong look, but that's pretty much his yeti look, only with a blue tie instead of red. Of course, if you REALLY want to go all-out, you could make him look like how he originally did, back in the arcade game! ...Though it kind of conflict with this Final Smash idea I had for Cranky Kong, but whatever...

Villager: Well, there's the female villager for one. You could also have him change his outfit, like he did in the original Animal Crossing games... OH, and how about his GameCube look, where he wore that weird horned hat! That would be neat. :P

Mario: Other then Dr. Mario, there's not much I can suggest as far as looks go that haven't already been seen in previous Super Smash Bros. games... OH WAIT, how about his look from the Game & Watch game, Mario's Bombs Away! Or his look from Famicom Grand Prix II: 3D Hot Rally, a game which was referenced in the past two Super Smash Bros. games (Monster was a trophy in Melee, and there was music and a Monster sticker in Brawl)! Or his NES Open Tournament Golf look, his Mario's Picross look, his short-sleeved look from Super Mario Sunshine! ...Maybe his Mario Paint looks, his spacesuit look from Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins, his chef look from Yoshi's Cookie, his costumes from Mario Party 2, his Super Mario Strikers look... Maybe there are more looks for him then I gave credit for.

Olimar: The only other alternate costume ideas I have are to literally make him a different characters; make him look like Louie, the President of Hocotate, Alph, Brittany, or Charlie. And that's about it. :/

Luigi: Mr. L alternate costume, definitely. If they don't include this, I'd be pretty disappointed. Other then that, pretty much every alternate costume idea I suggested for Mario (that Luigi also appeared in) can be applied here as well. ...Also, his color scheme from the Japanese anime movie, Super Mario Bros.: Peach-hime Kyushutsu Dai Sakusen! (aka, Super Mario Bros.: The Great Mission to Rescue Princess Peach!)

Peach: The first one that comes to mind is her look in Super Mario Sunshine (ponytail and all). Then there's Fire Peach (aka, Peach with a Fire Flower power-up. ...Which, now that I think about it, is pretty similar to her original sprite from Super Mario Bros. as well as the one from Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels, which I was also going to suggest. Maybe Nurse Peach, or her short skit look from NES Open Tournament Golf... Plenty of choices to choose from!

Toon Link: Well the most obvious choice is his Outset Island clothing from The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker... If they could make an alternate costume where Toon Link's hat looks like Ezlo, that would be pretty sweet, too. Other then that, I can't think of much else. Heck, the fact that they made an alternate color in Brawl look like the original Link from the first The Legend of Zelda was pretty kickass, and I hope that returns!

Sonic: Well, I as thinking about Shadow, but he might be an Assist Trophy in this... OH, Classic Sonic, that would be beyond awesome! ...Also, what if they manage to sneak in Sonic's Sonic Boom look into this game? It'd be short notice, but, I dunno... could be interesting.

Marth: Well, there's his old look, for one. And also his look in Fire Emblem: Awakening, which is actually quite different from his his look in previous games. And then there's this REALLY old-school look of his, apparently from a trading card game made about Fire Emblem... Not sure what else to suggest.

Rosalina (and Luma, I guess): I highly doubt Luma will have different appearances, given they change color when summoned. As for Rosalina, they could go with her original look based on concept art. ...And also this. Her Fire Rosalina look can just be her red color that's issued to every character.

Zelda: Like Link, Zelda has a large number of alternate appearances, based on alternate versions of her. Her original look from the first The Legend of Zelda looks a bit too similar to that of Peach... Unless it's her in-game red outfit. Her look from A Link to the Past would be a better choice. Her "royal dress" from the same game is pretty similar to her other appearances in later games, specifically her look in Ocarina of Time (sort of), her look in the Oracle games, her look from The Wind Waker, and of course, her look in A Link Between Worlds. They could also use her younger look in Ocarina of Time, or her look in Four Swords, plus both of her appearances in Skyward Sword!

King Dedede: Two works: Masked Dedede! I'd also suggest King Dedede from the Dark Matter Saga if he didn't look so much different from how he normally looks. Same goes for Yarn Dedede. If Masahiro Sakurai wanted to be REALLY hardcore, he could use the look King Dedede had in the pilot for the Kirby anime... That would be out-there.

Lucario: Other then shiny Lucario (really surprised that wasn't in Brawl, honestly), I don't really have any other alternate costume ideas...

Little Mac: I know Little Mac already has Wireframe Mac, but seriously, if they included the "Little Mac" from Super Punch-Out!! for the SNES, I would just DIE (of happiness)!

Diddy Kong: ...Well, he could wear his hat backwards, like in this artwork for Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest. Maybe wear his shades along with it? That would be pretty cool.

Zero Suit Samus: They could use her Zero Mission look as opposed to her Other M look (and lose the heels). Apparently, Zero Suit Samus appeared in one of the Metroid Prime games, but it doesn't look THAT different from her Zero Mission look... Most of all, though, they HAVE to give Zero Suit Samus her "Justin Bailey" look! ;)

Sheik: Hard to suggest ideas, since she's only had one appearance, plus concept art for another appearance... And her look in this game is a combination of them, pretty much. What I'd like to see is a costume that resembles Impa's outfit in Skyward Sword, assuming Impa isn't a playable character (which she might not be...).

Yoshi: Some people would suggestion Boshi from Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, but I'm pretty sure that, much like Geno, he's own by Square Enix, so I doubt it would happen. They could give Yoshi the same colors as Yoob from Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, but really aside from alternate colors, I can't really suggest much else... ...Maybe his pirate costume from Mario Party 2? Doubt it. His Strikers uniform is more likely, though. Also, if they could somehow work this original concept art into the game, I'd be impressed and amazed!

Charizard: Shiny Charizard, FTW! ...I've got nothing else.

Greninja: Shiny Greninja looks pretty badass, too.

Gosh, this was a lot harder to compile then I thought. Boy let me tell you, when I make posts like this, I really go all out. I impress myself sometimes...

Anything I missed?

if Bowser gets a Dark Bowser skin I will main him at all costs

Dankey Kang said:
Little Mac needs his pink jogging suit.
this, though with Wireframe mac already confirmed it'd be unlikely.

I really want a Dr. Mario skin for Mario, maybe even a Dr. Luigi skin for Luigi lol. I'd main Mario in an instant if that was the case.

It's not an alt costume, but one thing I hope they change about Yoshi is the constant green egg colour he has even when using alt colours, it'd be a nice touch if it changed with each alt (i.e. Red Yoshi uses Red eggs etc.).

aside from that, Dry Bowser, shiny colourations for Pokemans, PM's PJ Ness outfit and I'd be set.

oh and WarioWare Wario is best alt. :wario:

I don't think many characters will be getting alternate costumes to be honest. Maybe one or two more at most.

I'm pretty sure Sakurai said that costumes for characters would not turn them into different characters. As such, no Shadow for a Sonic and no Louie for Olimar.

Dankey Kang said:
Little Mac needs his pink jogging suit.
Dang, I forgot about that!

Fronk said:
It's not an alt costume, but one thing I hope they change about Yoshi is the constant green egg colour he has even when using alt colours, it'd be a nice touch if it changed with each alt (i.e. Red Yoshi uses Red eggs etc.).

oh and WarioWare Wario is best alt. :wario:
OH CRAP, I just remembered! Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door Yoshi as an alternate costume! Yeah, that would be sweet!

Also, PRETTY sure class overalls Wario was Wario's alternate costume, while his WarioWare outfit was his default appearance.

Crackin355 said:
I don't think many characters will be getting alternate costumes to be honest. Maybe one or two more at most.
That will probably be the case... though I certainly think it would be fun speculating on what kind of costumes they could include. It WOULD be neat if every character got at least one alternate costume like in other fighting games, though I don't think they'll do that.

Mrs. Doubtfire said:
Cirdec said:
Smashgoom, all your links are broken.
exactly what I was thinking
Ah, crap... I'll fix them when I get the chance.

I'd love Classic Sonic to be an alt (I got a mod for Project M for it) that's only slightly taller then the regular Sonic model.

Too bad the fact that because canonically (Sonic Generations) they're different sizes probably won't allow it to happen. Though I wouldn't mind if they just said "Fuck Size Difference, just make Classic Sonic bigger!"

I'm all for an Ice Mario skin; he'd be my main guy if that ever happened, though he'll probably be one of my more used characters anyway.

Smashgoom202 said:
Peach: The first one that comes to mind is her look in Super Mario Sunshine (ponytail and all). Then there's Fire Peach (aka, Peach with a Fire Flower power-up. ...Which, now that I think about it, is pretty similar to her original sprite from Super Mario Bros. as well as the one from Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels, which I was also going to suggest. Maybe Nurse Peach, or her short skit look from NES Open Tournament Golf... Plenty of choices to choose from!

Anything I missed?

:pgp:

Back