The Next Super Mario platformer game

Zae Eildus said:
a new open world platformer, that doesnt have a hub world, instead you can explore the entire world as you travel around it(think elder scrolls).
in all seriousness, I would actually love for that to be a thing

Yuzu & Kaede said:
Zae Eildus said:
a new open world platformer, that doesnt have a hub world, instead you can explore the entire world as you travel around it(think elder scrolls).
in all seriousness, I would actually love for that to be a thing
Yeah. It would allow yup to visit tons of different areas like Delfino, Peach's Castle, Luigi's Mansion, etc. You could also fit tons of characters all throughout the world.

Super Mario Universe (Crossover between Sunshine, Galaxy and Luigi's Mansion.

LolMech said:
Super Mario Universe (Crossover between Sunshine, Galaxy and Luigi's Mansion.
May I honestly say that Galaxy is already something like that? I personally want to see a new full 3D nonlinear game that has a brandnew story and theme.

Ugh, not another one. Kirby can easily fill this gap. At least that series has original ideas.

I would love to see a Mario Golf game on the Wii U. The GamePad would really work with it.

Or maybe, I dunno, Metroid, or even Animal Crossing.

Zae Eildus said:

That would be cool as long as it's not empty

Baby Luigi said:
Zae Eildus said:

That would be cool as long as it's not empty

well most open-ended games dont have emptiness, some do, but not a lot.

I guess ill draw my attention from divinity and saying there is crap to be done almost everywhere in the game.

Just as long as it heavily deviates from 3D World/Galaxy/New Super Mario Bros./traditional Mario platformers, I would be looking forward to it.

A Sunshine 2 would be very cool. I never got a chance to play the original, and it looks like a really unique Mario game.

Plus it has Petey.

Sunshine 2 would be nice, but it's probably a meh, unless they're really able to overhaul it and NOT redo previous assets and call it a brand new game (Super Mario Galaxy 2).

Hypochondriac Mario said:
Just as long as it heavily deviates from 3D World/Galaxy/New Super Mario Bros./traditional Mario platformers, I would be looking forward to it.

sadly my idea probably wont happen, as much i want it to, but im hoping the next installment will be more open.

Wii u can deal out some pretty good stuff if they want it to, and pretty sure an open game would look astounding.

SUPER MARIO BROS. PLOT
Bowser uses black magic to turn all the inhabitants into bricks and whatnot.
Bowser kidnaps Princess Toadstool.
Mario moves through thirty-two levels to defeat Bowser.
Mario saves Princess Toadstool.
You press "BUTTON B".
The same thing happens, but instead of Goombas, you have Buzzy Beetles.

supermariofan said:
I still love the Mario games but the series is getting repetitive with its "plotline" and its not quite developed characters

So basically you're tired of Mario?

3D World was a nice change of pace for me.

I guess Bowser can do things besides kidnap Peach. I hope Nintendo does more stuff like that.

By that, I don't mean repeat that game. I mean try different things.

Zae Eildus said:

sadly my idea probably wont happen, as much i want it to, but im hoping the next installment will be more open.

Wii u can deal out some pretty good stuff if they want it to, and pretty sure an open game would look astounding.
And if it's on 3DS?

Zae Eildus said:

And if it's on 3DS?

i'll hate nintendo

Supermariofan: You must be tired of Mario. Relax and play some Kirby or Rayman.

KingFawful4321 said:
Wario better be in. He deserves to be playable way more than Rosalina.

I'm serious.
A lot more characters deserve to be playable before Rosalina, IMO. Nothing against Rosalina, it's just she's a bit overrated.

I 100% agree that Wario should be playable

Why stop at Wario? What about his lovely little "friends"?

Back