Mario Kart Lucky/Unlucky/Hilarious Moments

Astronomical said:
Shy Guy Forever said:
Astronomical said:
Posting again because more stuff can happen.
Unlucky: I was playing online, and I was the only girl. Yes, it was true. The only girl and the only girl character. So, I treated it like normal. The boys, however, were a**holes. They targeted me, even when I was in last. They would get a star, then turn around and hit me several times. They would also hit me with shells, bombs, and, in rare cases, a banana. I left after 4 races.
The even sadder part? It happened again the next day, with different people
Maybe you should try another character next time.
I did the second time. The first race was fine, until they saw my name was next to the only Shy Guy in the race...
Lucky you!

Shy Guy Forever said:
Astronomical said:
Shy Guy Forever said:
Astronomical said:
Posting again because more stuff can happen.
Unlucky: I was playing online, and I was the only girl. Yes, it was true. The only girl and the only girl character. So, I treated it like normal. The boys, however, were a**holes. They targeted me, even when I was in last. They would get a star, then turn around and hit me several times. They would also hit me with shells, bombs, and, in rare cases, a banana. I left after 4 races.
The even sadder part? It happened again the next day, with different people
Maybe you should try another character next time.
I did the second time. The first race was fine, until they saw my name was next to the only Shy Guy in the race...
Lucky you!
How is that lucky? It was just the first race out of 5. I don't know why I didn't leave sooner...

those are pretty stupid people

wonder if that'll happen to me since I almost always play as girl characters nowadays and the mii I use is also a girl

Hatsune Loki the 45th Sith Dragon Rider of Bag End said:
those are pretty stupid people

wonder if that'll happen to me since I almost always play as girl characters nowadays and the mii I use is also a girl
Highly unlikely. If it happened only twice out of the 2 years to me, it would be near impossible to you.
Maybe play as a few male characters now and then just to be on the safe side. That's what I do in some races (not counting communities).

Lucky/Hilarious: I was Metal Mario driving a Blue Seven with Red Monster Tires and a Beast Glider. In SNES Rainbow Road,a spiny shell had hit me, sure, but when I was slowly accelerating, Daisy, 2nd place, bumped into me, and the force knocked her off the edge (while she made a "yaho" sound while passing me). Yeah, she may had got first if I wasn't as heavy.

I was doing an online race in mario kart 7 on rainbow road and on the last lap a guy shoved me into the finish line pole making me come in second

Why do those things have collision in the first place? Sigh...

Halayà úbe Praseodymium Mario said:
Because poles aren't intangible, in videogames or in real life.

That's like asking why you can collide with trees on DK's Jungle Parkway. It's because they're trees.

it would be better imo if the finish lines were just painted on the ground and there weren't any poles or banners at all

Hatsune Loki the 45th Sith Dragon Rider of Bag End said:
it would be better imo if the finish lines were just painted on the ground and there weren't any poles or banners at all
I disagree. The idea of the banner is to show you that the end of the lap/race is coming up. Not to mention that they are usually far enough out of the way that colliding with them is unlikely unless (like has been said) someone else pushes you into them. Even then, it is the same as a corner on a track (e.g Delfino Square has a few corners that others can knock you into and lose momentum). You'd only hit it if you were a bad driver or someone else forced you into it through bumping and/or items.

Also I just hate the idea of a finish line being painted on the ground.

eh, I can a see finish line perfectly fine without a banner, I know it's still pretty rarish to collide/get knocked into them but it still happens once in a blue moon so it's still annoying, as for it being the same thing as a corner I agree with that, but it's a little irritating to have a "corner" at the end of a race

so yeah imo poles/banners are only a slight annoyance, but i'd still rather have them removed

Crackin355 said:
Halayà úbe Praseodymium Mario said:
Because poles aren't intangible, in videogames or in real life.

That's like asking why you can collide with trees on DK's Jungle Parkway. It's because they're trees.
C'mon, substituting enjoyment for realism?

Super Smash Misty said:
PeteyPiranhaPerson said:
The poles aren't really a problem, unless you're really inexperienced.
Or get knocked by another racer('s item)
To be fair it might have been the funniest thing that had ever happened

Hilarious:
I was blocked from getting an item box by another player in Mushroom Gorge. I took revenge by bumping him off the stage.

Unlucky:
Bob-omb always come up at the worst possible time screwing me over badly. For example, I was in N64 DK Jungle Parkway and I had a Golden Mushroom. I was about to knock someone off the stage but a Bob-omb exploded out of nowhere and hit both of us as well as a another person. The person I was about to knock off did not get knocked off.

Back