Ever regret your display name?

sometimes

but I usually end up just changing my theme without the matching display name

Yuzu & Kaede said:
but I usually end up just changing my theme without the matching display name
You are a pro at that.

Xanthium said:
Well I have this Monokuma theme for quite some time, but I don't want to change anything.
you know, it's actually really fitting

Kylie Koopa rocks, I regret nothing <3

I ended up regretting Zero since it was so close to another user's name and kinda generic really. I should've just used the avi and sig since they were great. I've wanted to be Wario Dance Company for some time now (with gifs and everything), but I'll probably end up regretting it after a couple of weeks...

anyway, if I joined the wiki today, GBAToad would probably not be my first choice as a username, but having it for almost a year sorta grows on ya, so I won't be changing it anytime soon.

I have used this name for many years throughout various places on the internet and do not regret it one bit. I like my internet name and am really used now to being known as Clive Koopa.

Some of you guys must really miss the days when you can change your name any time you like, just by editing your profile.

GBAToad said:
anyway, if I joined the wiki today, GBAToad would probably not be my first choice as a username, but having it for almost a year sorta grows on ya, so I won't be changing it anytime soon.
I kinda know the feeling, my wiki username is fairly generic, but it's really grown on me and if I register on new websites like this I always use that name.

GBAToad said:
You know, when I first saw your username, I knew you must be an awesome person.

GBAToad said:

Not to mention your avatar. Its friggin' awesome.

New Super Mario said:
meh, I go by NSM anyway and it roles off the tongue nicely.
I always think of MSN.

gutsyGumshoe and Rainbow Dash are really the only ones I don't like when I look back, there are probably some I dislike that I don't remember. I know somebody who hates her old display name (it was MarioBros2) and she "retconned" it.

Amphituber said:
GBAToad said:

Not to mention your avatar. Its friggin' awesome.
This sooooooooo much.

Also, not trying to go offtopic, but Amphi, where is your avatar from?

While it would be cooler (imo) to just be named "Javelin", I'm quite satisfied that I decided to go with "Dr. Javelin" instead of "Javelin9871" or something silly like that.

And no. It's a pretty nice name.

Jim McGinn said:
GBAToad said:
I kinda know the feeling, my wiki username is fairly generic, but it's really grown on me and if I register on new websites like this I always use that name.

Yeah, and even the number 11 has managed to grow on me and become my favourite number somehow thanks to this name.

not sure how you guys deal with numbers in a username

that crap bothers me so much

I attempted to read that book the other day and I was just like NOPE

Zae Eildus said:

I don't think I've ever gone without the numbers 355. When I did it felt awkward because I was so accustomed to them. I grew an attachment to them because I had always used them.

Zae Eildus said:

Especially when it's a generic name followed by a bunch of numbers.

Back