Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Michael Bay movie)

GalacticPetey said:
Unikitty said:
I just noticed, a lot of Superhero movies are rated PG-13.
Because that's the most profitable demographic. It it's rated R, kids can't go see it. If it's PG, many people will deem it too childish (sad but true).
Even the PG-13 ones are kinda childish

supermariofan said:
GalacticPetey said:
Unikitty said:
I just noticed, a lot of Superhero movies are rated PG-13.
Because that's the most profitable demographic. It it's rated R, kids can't go see it. If it's PG, many people will deem it too childish (sad but true).
Even the PG-13 ones are kinda childish

Not to the targeted demographic they aren't

Shy​ Guy said:
Well, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are officially dead.

Actually there still could be hope for them

After the disastrous three Transformer movies, we still got Transformers Prime. Maybe there's still hope for the turtles.

Shy​ Guy said:
Well, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are officially dead.
None of the previous TMNT adaptations have killed the franchise.

What makes you think this will be the final nail in the coffin?

If Turtles in Time and Next Mutation combined couldn't stop 2 more cartoons, I doubt Michael Bay is going to have anything on them.

Turtles in Time the movie, sorry. I have nothing against the game.

Are you referring to the crossover between the two cartoons and original comic?

That's Turtles Forever.

.... The third live action movie.

well, they did go back in time to medieval japan using that scepter thing

though only once

and they never brought its powers back up for anything useful

what was the point of that again?

Baby Man said:
I can't believe people in their tweens are able to handle R-rated violent stuff. I can't. At all. P-13 violence is also a bit too violent for me too. I'm just WAY to sensitive to violence.
never watch saving private ryan

also i wouldn't show that movie to a pre-teen either, heh. they might be able to watch the matrix though, which iirc is rated r. it's kind of silly how the ratings work

i mean terminator 2, saving private ryan, and the matrix are all rated r, but they all have widely varying levels of violence (terminator 2 isn't that gory, although i can see why it's rated r)

it's important to remember that standards for movies change over the years, and certain things in movies can merit an r-rating, like the double fuck rule

often people will market their movies to an older audience and therefore specifically put in something that will get that rating. though that's usually because the subject matter of a movie is mature, not because of violence

Back