Should Nintendo get rid of Goombas?

Bat King Antasma said:
What "relatives" are you talking about, exactly? If this about what it says in K. Rool's Brawl trophy about Kaptain K. Rool being his brother, then that was an error. King, Kaptain, and Baron K. Roolenstein are all the same person.
Uh, I'm not saying blood-relations. I mean that they're basically based on the same species named "kremlings", compared with Bowser's troop which have many kinds of species which are all based on turtles from real world.

Lord G. Matters said:
It ain't all that weird, a lot of the Koopa Troops are a species of Koopa, so.
Koopa Troopas have the lowest level among all koopas, but as the topic said goombas are lower than koopas I guess.

Ehm... Of course NOT? ._. Why would they get rid of them anyway?

There's one thing I do agree with: I think not most enemies should be killed the same way as Goombas. Come on, Hammer Bros. should be harder to defeat than just one stomp like a simple Goomba.

Anser said:
Ehm... Of course NOT? ._. Why would they get rid of them anyway?

There's one thing I do agree with: I think not most enemies should be killed the same way as Goombas. Come on, Hammer Bros. should be harder to defeat than just one stomp like a simple Goomba.

For whatever it's worth, their hammer-tossing rate in the original game made that easier said than done. :v

Dorayaki said:
Lord G. Matters said:
Koopa Troopas have the lowest level among all koopas, but as the topic said goombas are lower than koopas I guess.

Notice I said a species of Koopa as opposed to Koopa Troopas (i.e. Hammer Bros., Magikoopas, /Bowser/) EDIT: In fairness, my calling them Koopa Troops probably confused a few people, so apologies for that.

Lord G. Matters said:
Dorayaki said:
Lord G. Matters said:

Notice I said a species of Koopa as opposed to Koopa Troopas (i.e. Hammer Bros., Magikoopas, /Bowser/) EDIT: In fairness, my calling them Koopa Troops probably confused a few people, so apologies for that.
Koopa Troopas are called "Koopas" in a lot of side games

It would seem pretty silly to me for them to get rid of such an iconic enemy.

The fact that they are "training enemies" is one of the main reasons they should keep them in.

I'm pretty sure there will always be some people out there that have never played Mario before.

chillv said:
The fact that they are "training enemies" is one of the main reasons they should keep them in.

I'm pretty sure there will always be some people out there that have never played Mario before.
"Pretty" sure?

I really wouldn't care if Goombas were removed tbh.

new people are always jumping into the Mario franchise as new games arise. Goombas serve as an enemy to help you get started with the game, so I don't think they should

If they got rid of goomba's, then less people would play the game because they would think it was too hard! You need easy enemies like goomba's to balance things out.

No, Goombas are as important to the Mario franchise as Koopas and other common enemies. They should be left to stay within the Mario franchise and still appear in Mario games.

Goombas are far too iconic to leave the series. But they should add more Goomba sub-species to the main series, like the Spiked Goomba and Headbonk Goomba.

Back