Nintendo Wi-Fi Ending For DS And Wii

fantanoice said:
Baby Luigi said:
A woe for online gaming. This is why always-online DRM is a pretty bad thing in gaming (but that's a whole different beast altogether)

It looks like they want to get people interested in Mario Kart 8 since it also gets released around the same time.
What does always-online DRM have to do with this?

That's why I said it's a whole different beast so...

fantanoice said:
Or better yet, Project M. Can Project M be played online? I can't remember.

Pretty sure both people need the hack in order to be seen online. I dunno, it could cause desyncs if the models have bone edits. I haven't dwelved into this mainly because I avoid online in the first place.

Aren't hackers trying to find a way to establish private servers for future online services?

But it's not like I care about any of Nintendo's online multiplayer anyway.

Wow, this is terrible. :( Granted, the only Wii games I actually play online on a regular basis are Brawl and Mario Kart Wii, but it'll still be a big loss for me. I take it they'll be removing VR points altogether in MKWii, then? That's really disappointing, since online play was a key reason I've been playing MKWii still, and I was aiming to get my VR up to 9999 when I had the time. Oh well...

The forums should definitely schedule some sort of tournament for both MKWii and Brawl before WFC goes down. That would be a cool way to conclude it, wouldn't it?

It's not like I ever played online Nintendo Games before NNetwork.

What really bummers me is the shutdown of the old Wii Channels (Nintendo Channel, Poll Channel, etc.), but that already happened without a warning a while ago.

Freakworld said:
Pokémon Trainer Essentia said:
Freakworld said:
LakituderSchnell said:
Read.

Unaffected services

The following services are not affected by the termination, and will continue to be available after May 20th:

• Internet Channel

[..]

Thank god it is, the wii internet browser rules.
dsi internet browser is better

Does it have flash 6? No.
it supports animated pngs

Freakworld said:
Freakworld said:
LakituderSchnell said:
Read.

Unaffected services

The following services are not affected by the termination, and will continue to be available after May 20th:

• Internet Channel

[..]

Thank god it is, the wii internet browser rules.
dsi internet browser is better

Does it have flash 6? No.
it supports animated pngs

Good point.

It's slow as hell, but damn does it bring up some good memories. Like spending 30 minutes waiting for a Youtube video to load before I realized it wasn't compatible.

The Wii U browser is very good. It reminds me of Chrome for some reason.

Back