Debate Your Character! (Newcomers AND Unconfirmed Veterans allowed)

Here's the thing. You can scale down Ridley. He'll look fine compared to all the characters, except for Samus. While Bowser is still scaled down, he is still proportional to Mario. If you scaled Ridley down, he would not be proportional to Samus.

That being said, I really don't care about the proportions. As long as he's a fun character, why not add him?

yeah, but ridley has such thin limbs that i don't really see how you could shrink them proportionally and still keep the ridley feel. it would also be hard to keep his giant wings out of the way, although i guess he could just keep them folded up until he jumps

i just don't think his head would scale down without looking either stupid or very small

Dr. Javelin said:
yeah, but ridley has such thin limbs that i don't really see how you could shrink them proportionally and still keep the ridley feel. it would also be hard to keep his giant wings out of the way, although i guess he could just keep them folded up until he jumps

i just don't think his head would scale down without looking either stupid or very small

im sure people said the same thing about bowser who has different sizes in like each game.

I mean in smg for example mario is like the size of a peanut compared to bowser while in smb3 he was maybe like twice his size.

Thing is you dont or really, anyone, know how ridley would look when scaled down until the action is actually done.

in smg 1 bowser was about his size in brawl, so i don't really see where you're getting that from. smg 2 bowser was only big because of the grand stars

and ridley has always dwarfed samus in recent years.

don't get me wrong i think ridley would be so much fun to play as if he were small enough, but if you make him small enough to play well with he doesn't look like ridley. and if you keep him at a size where he still looks like ridley, he has a huge hitbox that really dampers his ability to fight effectively

Dr. Javelin said:
in smg 1 bowser was about his size in brawl, so i don't really see where you're getting that from. smg 2 bowser was only big because of the grand stars

and ridley has always dwarfed samus in recent years.

don't get me wrong i think ridley would be so much fun to play as if he were small enough, but if you make him small enough to play well with he doesn't look like ridley. and if you keep him at a size where he still looks like ridley, he has a huge hitbox that really dampers his ability to fight effectively

my memory must be hazy then because i remember bowser being huge in smg, but eh whatever.

I think it can work but in all honesty id rather have dark samus or rundas.

Although i know rundas has zero chance of being in.

his head doesn't look stupidly huge to you? his head alone is bigger than mario, and is almost half the size of his entire body

Dr. Javelin said:
his head doesn't look stupidly huge to you? his head alone is bigger than mario, and is almost half the size of his entire body

ridley's head is like almost always the size of his body lmao.

i mean look at this shit

rSrE2Wq.jpg

ssb4_banner__mii_by_pixiy-d68sqnr.png

Character Name: MIi
Series:Mii
Debut Game: Wii sports
Character's History with Nintendo: Created on the wii to have a customizable character representation

Reasons why people don't think this character will make it in:
Will have generic move set
Already in too many games
Is boring

Rebuttals/Opposite argument to the reasons above:
Adds a customizable aspect to the game
Could have different move sets related to the outfits their wearing
They could be heavier, lighter, smaller, faster, slower, bigger, etc. based on the way you customized the Mii

Opening statement on why you believe this character should be playable:
I Believe Mii should be playable because he could be customizable, in both appearance and move set. There could be a "Gotta Catch em' all" aspect my have outfits to unlock and collect, each change in the article of clothing could change the move set, so that you could be playing as Mii against someone else yet be playing as a completely different character

trust me sir you dont want customization or rather, customizable movesets in fighting games.

It's really freaking broken.

I know it sounds interesting but it will break the game.

exactly, plus this was seen in mortal kombat armageddon.

Which i admit isnt a very good fighting game, but able to use whatever moves you wanted with one character was pretty bad.

Fighter Zae said:
trust me sir you dont want customization or rather, customizable movesets in fighting games.

It's really freaking broken.

I know it sounds interesting but it will break the game.
GalacticPetey said:
Customizable movesets are a bad idea. Everyone would just find one broken, OP combination and exploit it.

Wait....

You can't create your own moves. It's just different clothing articles mean one different move

Hat: Changes recovery move and air attacks
Shirt: Changes regular melee and regular special attacks
Pants: Changes regular side melees an regular side special.
Shoes: Changes regular down melee and down special.

That way the system isn't broken

well there are still ways to exploit it, but that reduces the effect drasticly.

At least thats better thought out then DUR HUR CHOOSE YOUR MOVES.

I think it should only increase weight therefore making it harder for you to get knocked away like dedede or bowser.

Edit: Downside if you do get knocked off you fall easily.

well to be honest i didnt go through all of it but i had figured that would show up, that or sm ridley.

Back