Debate Your Character! (Newcomers AND Unconfirmed Veterans allowed)

king_k_rool_for_ssb4_by_elemental_aura-d6bvqqn.jpg

Character Name: King K. Rool
Series: Donkey Kong Games
Debut Game: Donkey Kong Country
Character's History with Nintendo: Created as a long standing villain for Donkey Kong Country and other Donkey Kong games

Reasons why people don't think he'll make it:
http://smashboards.com/threads/k-rools-kremling-kutthroats-obsessed-with-scales-and-tails.324259/

Reasons why he should make it:
Link up above.

Opening Statement:
King K. Rool would be a very nice addition to the SSB series. He will add a nice character, and make it overall a bit more fun to play ssb.

im up for king k rool.

His boss fights were awesome and he has quite a variety of potential moves.

If SSB came out next year instead of this year, I'd make arguments for why the Hanzo girls, particularly Asuka and Yagyuu, would make great additions.

If K. Rool got in, I'd like his DKC form or his DK64 form (the latter could make an interesting contrast to Little Mac).

Mario4Ever said:
If SSB came out next year instead of this year, I'd make arguments for why the Hanzo girls, particularly Asuka and Yagyuu, would make great additions.

If K. Rool got in, I'd like his DKC form or his DK64 form (the latter could make an interesting contrast to Little Mac).

id be amazed if any of the hanzo girls got in and they'd probably reduce well you know what i mean, although thats not a bad thing.

Character: Gengar
Series: Pokemon
Debut game: Pokemon R/B
Character's History W/Nintendo: Encouraged Trading in Pokemon

Reasons Why People Don't Think He'd Make It: Too unknown as a Pokemon

Why he should: Could easily come up with a good move set, including his final smash being Mega Gengar and promoting the Use of Mega Evolutions, wouldn't be a mewtwo/lucario clone beside Shadow Ball, Could balance out Pokemon characters by being a heavy character

Opening Statement: I believe that we should keep Lucario and add Gengar because of the reasons listed above, plus the fans would love him, as he would seem like the crazy funny character(similar to Wario), as portrayed in the Pokemon anime.

Gengar would be cool, and he DOES have a Mega Evolution making him slightly more relevant, but I don't think he's as popular as other Pokemon to truly warrant including.

Adding random Pokemon is pointless since people could easily raise the argument "Why didn't you add [insert one of the other 710+ Pokemon not in the game]" (I took out Jigglies, Pika, Lucario, (3) Pokemon trainer, Pichu, and Mewtwo).

Ridley just has porportion issues that his design would be very messed up trying to get right. Not just in regular stance, but picture how they would have to contort his body whenever he attacks and uses his smashes and stuff. And where the hell did this "Bowser is scaled down" stuff come from? He's had many appearances like in the Mario spin-offs where he is not even that much bigger than Mario! Mario Kart, Mario Golf, Mario Baseball, Mario Tennis, Mario & Luigi series, Paper Mario, etc. Plus, Ridley just doesn't look like he could pull of the character vibe the others have. I mean, he looks like some sort of realistic-esque dragon. I feel like his design just doesn't really have a...personality to it. I don't know how to explain it, but all the character have it where their look and their characters all have that...humanoid or anamorphic feel to it (I'm not sure if that is the best terminology, so forgive me if I am not making my case clear enough). I just feel that adding Ridley's character wouldn't match the style and feel as the rest of the cast.

King K. Rool's issue I think is the fact that he hasn't been relevant in a long time. He hasn't really done much in the last decade, and adding him over Dixie Kong or even Cranky Kong seems incorrect. If another DK rep is to be added, I belive it'll be another Kong. I know that "there needs to be more villains" and such, but we shall see if Nintendo agrees with that statement.

On the Miis brought up earlier. I'm completely neutral on them but I think the case for them could be stronger then what Lolcrawer put up. As Lolcrawler just seems to want more the customizable moveset then the actual Miis. Miis have plenty of moveset potential that doesn't have to be customizable.

Honestly a majority of the reasons people say they shouldn't be playable are easily argued against thanks to already confirmed characters (Too casual? Wii Fit Trainer. They're traditionally player avatars and not actual characters? Villager). Or just come off as personal bias.

ernesth100 said:
I don't know who Dixie is but I do know Crankey Kong. Do not tell me to google it. Anyway how about Funky Kong.
Dixie's the girl monkey, the one who wears pink and has the ponytail:

250px-Dixie_Kong_-_Donkey_Kong_Country_Tropical_Freeze.png

and pretty well known for the most part

which surprises me he didnt know of her

Anna said:
Adding random Pokemon is pointless since people could easily raise the argument "Why didn't you add [insert one of the other 710+ Pokemon not in the game]" (I took out Jigglies, Pika, Lucario, (3) Pokemon trainer, Pichu, and Mewtwo).\
The only notable Pokemon currently in are Pikachu and Mewtwo/Lucario, so true, the others are random too

Northern Verve said:
On the Miis brought up earlier. I'm completely neutral on them but I think the case for them could be stronger then what Lolcrawer put up. As Lolcrawler just seems to want more the customizable moveset then the actual Miis. Miis have plenty of moveset potential that doesn't have to be customizable.

I agree that they have potential with or without a customizable factor, but my worry is that they will be: A: have moves similar to villagers, B: have bland moves, or C: would have some other character perk that would either ruin the character or make it overpowered.

PS: You might want to update the first post to include Gengar, King K, and Mii

Wolverine said:
Anna said:
Adding random Pokemon is pointless since people could easily raise the argument "Why didn't you add [insert one of the other 710+ Pokemon not in the game]" (I took out Jigglies, Pika, Lucario, (3) Pokemon trainer, Pichu, and Mewtwo).\
The only notable Pokemon currently in are Pikachu and Mewtwo/Lucario, so true, the others are random too
Mewtwo is returning?

sure i'll give this a shot

dillon.jpg

Character Name: Dillon
Series: Dillon's Rolling Western
Debut Game: Dillon's Rolling Western - 3DS eShop

Reasons why people don't think this character will make it in
- Would be a Sonic clone (this is the most prevalent one I could find)

Rebuttals/Opposite argument to the reasons above
- True, Dillon and Sonic both roll but that's where the similarities end, really. Sonic is fast whether he's running or spin dashing. Dillon is slow on foot and only kinda fast when rolling. When it comes to combat, Sonic focuses more on acrobatics and flashy moves. Dillon is all about the brute strength, relying not only on his roll but also his fists, burrowing, and using explosives.

Opening statement on why you believe this character should be playable
Dillon would bring a decidedly new flavor of character to the Smash roster. We've got everything from medieval swordsmen to intergalactic bounty hunters and fighter pilots to plumbers with insane jumping prowess to robots to whatever the hell Kirby's supposed to be. Why not a cowboy? Dillon is a fresh face to the Nintendo lineup with two games to his name already. His inclusion would not only bring some more diversity to the roster but it would also help to make the character more well known as his series is download only.

yes yes a thousand times yes

Dillon's my most wanted character in Smash at this point. If we were going to get e-Shop representation, Dillon would be the best choice (sorry Mallo). I'd main him in an instant.

I can think of other reasons why people don't think Dillon should be in though, namely that his games weren't well received or that he isn't noteworthy enough, which are both bull because he's had two games that weren't completely horrible, and at least Nintendo recognises him with a puzzle swap panel, something that can't be said about Pushmo. I also remember some 'e-Shop heroes' promo where they focused on him as well.

However, I'd be happy even if he was an assist trophy. So long as his series is represented in some way in Smash I'll be thrilled.

also dammit '3K that was the character I was going to suggest

ernesth100 said:
Wait...can they put Wreck it Ralph in Smash Bros. cause for the record...that'd be awsome.
Depends on what brand he represents. If he represents the whol Disney brand, there are lots of Disney classic characters prior to him even if excluding those mouses and his friends. It would be a more debateble issue than Rosalina or Sonic. (btw, I'd root for Maleficent in this case).

While Sega Racing Transformed wasn't a real allstars show in the narrow sense, ironically the issue was the disregard of Sugar Rush rather than the entry of Disney newcomer.

The Big Nosed Dino said:
King K. Rool would be a very nice addition to the SSB series. He will add a nice character, and make it overall a bit more fun to play ssb.
Yes.

ernesth100 said:
Wolverine said:
Anna said:
Mewtwo is returning?
no he was in Melee

If Ridley gets in I'd want a Meta Ridley costume/color change.

King K. Rool could have a color change with his crown and one with his late hat

I'd prefer the Pokemon trainer to have either all final evolved stages of the starters so that Mega evolution is more relevant in a final smash, or blastoise bulbasaur and charmeleon

Three'kay said:
sure i'll give this a shot

dillon.jpg

Character Name: Dillon
Series: Dillon's Rolling Western
Debut Game: Dillon's Rolling Western - 3DS eShop

Reasons why people don't think this character will make it in
- Would be a Sonic clone (this is the most prevalent one I could find)

Rebuttals/Opposite argument to the reasons above
- True, Dillon and Sonic both roll but that's where the similarities end, really. Sonic is fast whether he's running or spin dashing. Dillon is slow on foot and only kinda fast when rolling. When it comes to combat, Sonic focuses more on acrobatics and flashy moves. Dillon is all about the brute strength, relying not only on his roll but also his fists, burrowing, and using explosives.

Opening statement on why you believe this character should be playable
Dillon would bring a decidedly new flavor of character to the Smash roster. We've got everything from medieval swordsmen to intergalactic bounty hunters and fighter pilots to plumbers with insane jumping prowess to robots to whatever the hell Kirby's supposed to be. Why not a cowboy? Dillon is a fresh face to the Nintendo lineup with two games to his name already. His inclusion would not only bring some more diversity to the roster but it would also help to make the character more well known as his series is download only.
Dillon is number 2 on my most-wanted characters list, so I agree with this entirely!

Back