General Discussion

Ashley and Red said:
What is better? Having a simple quote or no quote at all in the main character page? http://www.mariowiki.com/Pauline

I mean, this quote for Pauline is so generic...tho it clearly describes her damsel-in-distress persona, no doubt lol XDDDD
Simple quotes shouldn't always be a bad thing: like you said, Pauline's quote represents her recurring role throughout the games. But there are a lot of generic quotes on articles that aren't very necessary and don't contribute any knowledge to the article. Like what is seen at the top of the Marilyn and Tumble articles, for instance.

Oh, yes I see...I played two of the MvsDK games and all her voice lines are basically variations of "Help, Help" (i.e "Mario, please, save me"). Thank you for the info guys -w-

I really don't think onomatopoeia interjections are good enough to be quotes on the top, so for those articles, I think we should scrap them. Especially Tumble, as he can talk.

Baby Luigi said:
I really don't think onomatopoeia interjections are good enough to be quotes on the top, so for those articles, I think we should scrap them. Especially Tumble, as he can talk.

I think Marilyn's "GUH!" really describe her...Jokes aside, I agree they should be removed. I mean, Marilyn for example say more meaningful things XD

I've just realized the Fat Shadow Siren doesn't talk much so I guess that quote could be suiting for her.

I did change Tumble's quote because it's ridiculous and I know he can fully talk.

Baby Luigi said:
I've just realized the Fat Shadow Siren doesn't talk much so I guess that quote could be suiting for her.

I did change Tumble's quote because it's ridiculous and I know he can fully talk.

I did remove the quote for Marilyn since I still see no point in it, but if it should be better brought back I can undo my edit...However most of the game's history she just says "guh" there are ocasions in which she talked real words, however nothing worth of a quote ...

I think you should probably put it back up. Time Turner has got a point and I agree with him.

But, strip it out of context and the game and I think it's a pretty ridiculous thing to add on the top part of the article. I feel the quote where he introduces himself is a far better quote than an interjection that's not really a noteworthy part of his character.

At least in Marylin's article, it describes her "GUH" as part of her personality. Pauline's "Help!" is also something noteworthy of her as it describes her role in Donkey Kong. We don't really get that out of Tumble's "HI!".

OK, now I got nothing major, with no real "wiki improvement" intention, just by curiosity: I created http://www.mariowiki.com/Bridget_the_Baker under the name of "Luna"...In-game she is only referred to as Luna, and I played it again right now and didnt found the name "Bridget" anywhere...Was curious if this came from a game guide? The name edit was made by TimeTurner, so man, if you could tell me it'd be cool, thank you :P

Oh, another thing I need to solve...I was a pest child at the past and a noobie at the wiki...

I copied this from a message I just posted on the wiki...It is about Christina Peyser being the voicer of Ashley (from WarioWare)...I think the info is partially wrong, since I am not sure Christina did the voice for Ashley after Touched...

"Well, Christina is credited for Touched! and it looks she indeed did Ashley for this game. The game looks to be low budget, since I ripped the samples myself and the microphones used are HORRIBLE...So probably they asked Peyser to do it rather than hiring a new voicer.

For Smooth Moves she isnt credited, not for voice acting at least. Ashley also sounds different in this game. However most Japanese sites and western ones with somewhat old dating credits her for the voice. I think those are all wrong, personally;After Smooth moves the voicer seems to be the same...I wonder who it is...

I still dont know who did the japanese voice. I am doing research and asking for help of others to do so..."

There was an account called "Cpeyser" that calimed to be Christina and confirmed she did the voice for Ashley and sung Mona Pizza Song. Searching for the username "CPeyser" on Google leads you to various accounts (Instagram, Twitter, etc) all named Christina or Cristine Peyser...I wonder if it is really her...

EDITJust made some research and played the credits screen for WarioWare games...I hope I am clear orz

I haunted information for the three possible voicers of Ashley: Christina Peyser, Reiko Ninomiya and Ann Lin.

*Lin and Ninomiya works for the localization team of the Nintendo treehouse; Also do voice acting at times; Peyser works on localizations for Microsoft and HBO;
*Their profiles on social media (and Peyser's possible profiles) they all resides on Seattle, USA next to Nintendo.
*They all follow other Nintendo's localization members on social media (lol)
*Only Ninomiya and Lin afirms on their profiles to work for Nintendo. Peyser does not even mention Nintendo at all.
*Peyser was credited for Voice Acting only on Twisted and Touched...Ninomiya on Microgames, Twisted, Touched, DIY and Smooth moves. Lin on Smooth Moves and DIY.
*Peyser sung the Mona Pizza Song. Is credited for it on Brawl; On WarioWare Twisted it is assumed she voices Sal Out;
*The voice clips on WarioWare DIY for Ashley are reused from Smooth moves. This means that at least after smooth moves Peyser is not in action anymore: we still have Ninomiya and Lin.

Sooo, I guess that Peyser really did the voice for Touched. However after Smooth Moves the voicer was set to be a new person; I dont know who would be between Ann Lin and Ninoyima. Leslie Swan is confirmed to voice Mona. Kat and Ana are voiced again by Swan and Sara Rades. Unless one of the Katana sisters arent voiced by Swan but actually Noniyama, we'd have only 9-Volt left I guess. HOWEVER:

*Ms. Ninoyama is credited for voices for Twisted, Touched, Smooth Moves, Mega Microgames, DIY, Snapped and Mega Party Games. Almost every WarioWare title. In all of those we have Kat and Ana, but not Ashley nor 9-Volt. I assume she voices Kat or Ana
*Ms. Rades is credited on the same games as above except for Mega Microgames, the 1st WarioWare title. I assume she voices Kat or Ana.
*Ms. Lin is only credited on games Ashley appeared in, besides Touched. I assume she is the voicer for Ashley after smooth moves.

I think that the characters , even if only its the Main ones , should have audio samples if they have different voice actors.

After someone uploaded a ''Let us begin'' quote from Mercedes Rose as Rosalina , i took the time (again, a long time ago) to upload 2 quotes from Kerri Kane and Laura F. Smith as Rosalina so others can listen.

I think this should be added to for characters like Wario , Peach , Daisy or even DK.

Well I've provided voice samples for Baby Luigi throughout different games (Gallery:Baby Luigi). It's just that editors are unaware you can do that and that I was too preoccupied with other things to continue with that project.

Well, I was the one that made the voice clips proposal long ago and the original idea was to people see the difference between voice actors (http://www.mariowiki.com/MarioWiki:Proposals/Archive_41)

I also was the one that uploaded the Rosalins voice clip you are talking about Swifitie...Just didnt have time to upload the other ones as I desired...

Anyway I was looking Baby Luigi's voice clips and I think it'd be cool to have voice clips by same voice actor, as a way to demontrate different tones the character acquire (winning a kart race, losing a party game, scared of some random thing, etc).

IMO, as long as it is fair, educational, use it should be okay to have some voice clips, regardless of voice actor

Took me about a week and a half, but I finished completely rewriting the Luigi article! It's been asking for it since Oct 2015, so I thought someone should get around to doing it.

If there's anything I missed, please feel free to correct it. :luigi:

Think the article is ready to be featured?

In my opinion it's unnecesary to add more clips if the character only has 1 voice actor.

it's a bit pointless , being realistic , characters like Waluigi , Baby Mario , Baby Daisy and etc. sound exactly the same , it's not very relevant to a comparison as opposed to more actors as one character , sounding a bit or significantly different in their takes.

Nevertheless , more power to whoever wants to do so , i totally wont oppose, but i'd still think it's not necessesary.

Also, i know it can be tricky but it's ''Swiftie'' , not ''Swifite'' or ''Swifitie'' or ''Swettie''.

Alex95 said:
Took me about a week and a half, but I finished completely rewriting the Luigi article! It's been asking for it since Oct 2015, so I thought someone should get around to doing it.

Derp I don't think I want to proofread a gigantic hulking article like Luigi's. Maybe my twin could do it instead.

Swiftie_Luma said:
In my opinion it's unnecesary to add more clips if the character only has 1 voice actor.

it's a bit pointless , being realistic , characters like Waluigi , Baby Mario , Baby Daisy and etc. sound exactly the same , it's not very relevant to a comparison as opposed to more actors as one character , sounding a bit or significantly different in their takes.

Nevertheless , more power to whoever wants to do so , i totally wont oppose, but i'd still think it's not necessesary.

Also, i know it can be tricky but it's ''Swiftie'' , not ''Swifite'' or ''Swifitie'' or ''Swettie''.

I strongly disagree. Baby Mario fan here, Baby Mario sounded different in Mario Golf 64 than he sounds in Mario Kart Wii. Baby Luigi fan here, Baby Luigi sounds different in Mario Kart 8 than he sounds in Mario Kart Wii. Luigi sounded different in the N64 era than he does today. Even voice actors can go through direction changes, with Wario sounding lower pitched in Mario Party 10 than he does in Mario Tennis 64.

Baby Luigi said:
Alex95 said:

Derp I don't think I want to proofread a gigantic hulking article like Luigi's. Maybe my twin could do it instead.

Swiftie_Luma said:

I strongly disagree. Baby Mario fan here, Baby Mario sounded different in Mario Golf 64 than he sounds in Mario Kart Wii. Baby Luigi fan here, Baby Luigi sounds different in Mario Kart 8 than he sounds in Mario Kart Wii. Luigi sounded different in the N64 era than he does today. Even voice actors can go through direction changes, with Wario sounding lower pitched in Mario Party 10 than he does in Mario Tennis 64.

Alex95 said:

Okay the first thing I noticed is the "Other Media Appearances" section. That's a no. It needs to be merged with the history section of the article.

Baby Luigi said:
Alex95 said:

Okay the first thing I noticed is the "Other Media Appearances" section. That's a no. It needs to be merged with the history section of the article.

You sure? I know it's not exactly consistent with the other articles, but I tried to separate the games from the animations and etc.

Alex95 said:
Baby Luigi said:
Alex95 said:

You sure? I know it's not exactly consistent with the other articles, but I tried to separate the games from the animations and etc.

You're not supposed to. That's the point.

Back