General Discussion

Shaggy said:
Incredible, we still need to brainstorm ideas for the rest of the banners...

Poll and Maintenance are now made, which do we have left?

It would be even better if there wasnt an space left in the composition

The Maintenance text is basically on top and on on the bottom there's an empty area. Its hard to not to see it.

I don't think it is someone's specific job or it would have been mentioned by now. Featured hits me as Mario holding a star with the Mario Party 9 font saying Featured Articles behind him.

Proposals on the other hand, no idea.

well, we called MARIOWiki :P

Shaggy said:
Proposals on the other hand, no idea.
My ideas is a Mario Party-based one where characters, using sprites from Mario Party 6, are swamped with letters and maybe have characters debating.

Swiftie_Luma said:
I Would want to be more inclusive of more characters , Mario is in everything.
We can do Wario Land, Wario Ware, and Donkey Kong Country ones. Keep thinking.

Deinosuchus said:
Didn't we discuss earlier about a replacement image for the Shroom's main page?
iirc it's reserved for the shroom staff to redo, so we can leave that up to them.

thanks again, paint.NET probably isn't the best for these types of things.

I like it. I think it's great to make Featured Articles Mario Party themed

zbrwDOH.png

So I watching a Super Princess Peach LP earlier, and in Fury Volcano, this enemy pops up. I can't find it on the wiki's SPP enemy list, does anyone have any idea what it is?

For the record, the Spriters Resource doesn't even seem to have this enemy ripped.

And it behaves like a Fire Chomp without the fire; it follows the player and tries to hit them.

Time Turner said:
Glowsquid said:
hey i did it kinda (Minecraft: Wii U Edition)

My knowledge of Minecraft is lacking and my knowledge of the Mash-Up pack is even more lacking, so I would appreciate any help that could be provided (especially images!).
Well, this article should have information on the Mario-themed map. Heck, I even screenshot the map:
geYurCh.jpg
Like a replica of the Acorn Plains map, the whole SMW map, Peach's Castle from SM64, Isle Delfino, the Valley of Bowser (which has a Nether Portal).

I definitely want that for the article, but it's hard to cover all of the landmarks when I don't own the game. I've been trying to watch videos, but there's no guarantee that they'll show everything of note. Since you seem to own the game, do you think you could try at least listing everything?

nice

You may want to ask 2257 about unused stuff. I think he told me once on IRC he found evidence Hooktail (or Gloomtail?) was going to be used instead of Gobblegut

Time Turner said:
I definitely want that for the article, but it's hard to cover all of the landmarks when I don't own the game. I've been trying to watch videos, but there's no guarantee that they'll show everything of note. Since you seem to own the game, do you think you could try at least listing everything?
Well, it's hard for me to create a section to explain the whole map. I could give you some tidbits.

Glowsquid said:
nice

You may want to ask 2257 about unused stuff. I think he told me once on IRC he found evidence Hooktail (or Gloomtail?) was going to be used instead of Gobblegut
And a note that Yoshi was going to be the horse, but replaced with a generic horse (with beady eyes, as opposed to the horse's eyes in default texture pack). Seen in a screenshot in the "Horses" section in "How to Play" (when Mario Mashup pack is active), before the Battle Minigame update patch.

I think we should allow APNGs on this wiki.

This is mainly because we have Color Splash animated files and those Super Mario animated stickers such as this one, but GIFs don't allow for an accurate representation of their animations thanks to their lack of support of transparency values that lie between 0 and 1. This is why the borders of these GIFs look very rough and artifact-y and that's supposed to be a no-no by our transparency policy.

Chrome can't support it, sure, but I don't understand why we have to bend backward and upload worse-quality GIFs for the sake of universal browser support if Google is just reluctant to get on with the times.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Chrome can't support it, sure, but I don't understand why we have to bend backward and upload worse-quality GIFs for the sake of universal browser support if Google is just reluctant to get on with the times.
It's in development so that shouldn't be an issue anymore in the foreseeable future.

I agree on this. Only thing is to have people be aware of the differences and pitfalls of either so disastrous discussions like in this proposal (MarioWiki:Proposals/Archive_41#Make_notice_for_animated_images) don't need to happen.

Back