General Discussion

The admins have been discussing the matter, and yes, removing the current images is the current plan. However, there's actually a lot of aspects about the Notice Templates that could use smoothing out (widths, some colours, the raw coding, the how-to stuff), so we're planning to do a maintenance sweep after the {{Empty}} TPP is over. Please don't make any more template-related proposals in the meantime.

Good to know, I won't. If it happens to be on the drawing board, I'm certainly not against giving templates some way of standing out, I just don't think images are a good way of doing it.

Time Turner said:
I'd help with the category stuff, but I'm preoccupied with completing challenges in order to have images. Speaking of, does someone happen to know anyone that's completed the really hard challenges and can upload them to the wiki?
Well, looky here.

It's really a shame that the images you uploaded are all in .jpg. >_>

Walkazo said:
The admins have been discussing the matter, and yes, removing the current images is the current plan. However, there's actually a lot of aspects about the Notice Templates that could use smoothing out (widths, some colours, the raw coding, the how-to stuff), so we're planning to do a maintenance sweep after the {{Empty}} TPP is over. Please don't make any more template-related proposals in the meantime.
Okay, I guess this is how it goes.

Time Turner said:
Mario Party X said:
Time Turner said:
I'd help with the category stuff, but I'm preoccupied with completing challenges in order to have images. Speaking of, does someone happen to know anyone that's completed the really hard challenges and can upload them to the wiki?
Well, looky here.

It's really a shame that the images you uploaded are all in .jpg. >_>
Hardly stops me. (Challenges (Super Smash Bros. for Wii U))
Should've just waited. ; |

Can I say that our articles of recipes by ingredients (Tayce T, Zess T, and Saffron and Dyllis) are really badly-formatted? They're a monstrosity of headers that don't need to be there (unlike, say, Tayce T's recipe page, which is basically golden, and Saffron and Dyllis' recipe page, which could have a spruced-up intro but is otherwise fantastic), don't have any images for the "mixed with" items (unlike the non-ingredient-sorted pages), have the world's most flowery intros (unlike the non-ingredient-sorted pages), have quite a few awkward spaces with the word "nothing" (unlike the non-ingredient-sorted pages), and are kind of redundant when we have things like Ctrl + F and other, better-structured, recipe articles. Granted, Zess T isn't exactly complete, but its end result would still be better. Am I off-base here?

The "nothing"s are unavoidable given that "mixed with" is the column header (whereas going the other way, "ingredients" could have one or two entries, hence there's no need for "nothing"s there). But yeah, updating the table formatting and rewriting the intros both sound like good ideas.

Is there really a point in updating them, though? As I said, their role is basically fulfilled by the other recipe articles, and I don't really see a benefit to separating the recipes by ingredient, especially since this results in nearly every recipe being repeated on the page and I, as a gamer, would much rather look for which recipes I should go for rather than seeing if a single item I have has any combos (say that I want a Life Shroom; it'd be more useful if I saw which items were needed to make it, rather than what items Life Shroom could be combined to or having those items needed to make it scattered across a bunch of boxes). I feel like I'm missing something obvious, but to me, I don't see why we should keep them.

In fact, each item already lists what it can be combined with, and anyone looking for combos with a specific item, for whatever reason, would almost certainly go to that specifc item's page, making the "recipes by ingredient" pages doubly repetitive.

That "List of Tayce T. Recipes by ingredient" and "List of Tayce T. recipes" are both featured articles looks kind of silly.

Swoop has the citation needed tag next to it

Not a good sign

Time Turner said:
Sticker Star uses it in-game (at least according to the infobox), and it was in use since at least the NSMBW Prima guide.
Who was the person that added it in the infobox? It's not a surefire way of establishing official names, but it would help to have some idea.

Mkay, I have a big issue with the black color used in Template:Delete

Whenever you link a page, the blue words mesh pretty badly with the black background

here's an example at the time of this writing:

http://www.mariowiki.com/index.php?title=Template:SSBtrophy&diff=1800745&oldid=732477

tl;dr: gray is a better color than black

It's not black, it's dark gray.

But otherwise, I don't have a say because I'm using a neon CSS.

Fine I'll screencap it

Untitled_zpsf2295c45.png

and don't care if it's "dark gray", it's freaking black :P

I think black actually works better here. But yeah, links are kind of essential in delete templates, so either the link color or the background color needs to be reformatted.

It's far easier to revert the template to its former color or use another color than....that link color suggestion.

The point was to make it dark so it stands waaay apart from the other templates. Too bad I didn't think to check how links show up on it... Anyway, I'd rather keep it dark as well, but afaik there's no easy way to do that in the template: it'll need to go through MediaWiki:Common.css like the nav templates, which isn't actually that hard iirc. If we go that route, I think yellow could make for a good link colour, or maybe light blue.

Anyway, here's some design possibilities. Top two are current bg colour plus alternate link colours; bottom is {{tobedeleted}} for comparison, and the last two are lighter backgrounds - the middle one isn't too bad, but I definitely prefer the top solution.

BBirEQ6.png

Yellow is the best one since light blue can be easily confused for an external link.

Second-to-last (on ALL the designs, including tobedeleted) one is my other pick since the blue contrasts best in this one.

Yeah agreed with my twin

Okay, so I updated the css and the template: same bg colour, but now the links are yellow.

Back