General Discussion

Can a source be provided for... pretty much anything on Isaac Marshall's article? Besides the whole fiasco with who he's voiced (which has hopefully been settled by now), pretty much all of the information was dumped back in 2008 by Kingpin, whose contributions include dumping info on Isaac Marshall. There doesn't seem to be a source for any of it, at least not online, and yet only the quotes have requests for citations. Could anyone provide any info?

Lol, maybe Kingpin is Isaac Marshall - that one quote does talk about aliases.

It really does read like it was written by the guy...

Yeah, I know. Just a joke. Hence the "lol".

Anyway: http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Isaac-Marshall/ - in the comments, a site admin refutes another commentator's long credits list with this explanation:

The only game Isaac Marshall is credited there is for Mario Kart 64. In that game, Charles Martinet does Mario, Luigi, Wario, and DK, and Leslie Swan does Peach, leaving Bowser and Toad for voiced characters. People assumed Isaac Marshall does both of them. While he is Toad (since it's not Charles), he doesn't do Bowser since those are just stock sound effects.

People assumed based on this assumption that he was also Bowser in Mario 64, but he's not credited there either, and it's a different set of voice clips than in Kart.

With Super Smash Bros. Melee, that game's credits are very thorough (in fact, it's thanks to SSB that Kazumi Totaka was first confirmed to voice Yoshi) and even credit actors whose clips were reused for previous games, yet Isaac Marshall is still not credited. You guessed it, Bowser's voice in that game is a separate set of stock sound effects. His taunt is the Godzilla roar.

tl;dr It's not him; there's a lot of fake info about Isaac Marshall floating around the web. Toad is the only verified role of his. he had a voice credit in Tetris Attack but I dunno which character he was.

IMDB only credits him for MK64 too, plus gives the same Aug 22, 1962, NY birth date/location

Some more things to go on the rumors page I guess.

Lindsay provided a video for the article's image.

That didn't help at all with Isaac, but at least we've got some more info to spread around the wiki.

The Sonic information on Shield should be made into its own article, no? It's likely that the Shield there has hardly anything to do with the Smash Bros. shield. The problem, I've never played Mario & Sonic games, so I'm not 100% what it does, and no, I'm much too lazy to view gameplay footage. I don't want to go merry and create a new stub for that reason.

Oh, THAT shield. I always thought it was "Green Protective Ring Bubble". But yeah, separate articles for sure. Definitely not the same thing.

But question: do other Sonic-related items that appeared in Mario & Sonic games get their own articles or...?

Okay, this shouldn't go through the Talk Page Proposal process either way for something this minor and common sense-y.

Double post.

Is the ball entity from Super Mario 64 really a Big Steely? Big Steelies are big iron balls. The one from Super Mario 64 bounces and makes splashing noises and particle effects, kind of like a heavy, bouncing bubble. I highly doubt it.

The one from SM64 doesn't make splashing noises. They are black big iron balls, they look similar but there is no final I could find that says whether they are the same or not. Don't confuse the Big Steely (if that's the one in SM64) and the white/light blue bubble that randomly fall from the sky.

Oh, THOSE giant iron balls.

I thought they were generic cannonballs.

Any proof they're Big-Steely instead of generic black iron balls?

I'm not a personal fan of a "more is better" mentality, and I was going to cite giving articles to all of the Badges (Badge) as an example... but then I realized that giving articles for all the badges (at least the Paper Mario ones) wouldn't be a half-bad idea. Where they can be obtained, especially if they have multiple locations, can be more easily established and detailed, they all basically act as items that have a permanent effect rather than a one-off effect, there's certainly no shortage to describing their effects... Would they warrant articles (besides just "more is better")?

Shulk said:
I'm not a personal fan of a "more is better" mentality, and I was going to cite giving articles to all of the Badges (Badge) as an example... but then I realized that giving articles for all the badges (at least the Paper Mario ones) wouldn't be a half-bad idea. Where they can be obtained, especially if they have multiple locations, can be more easily established and detailed, they all basically act as items that have a permanent effect rather than a one-off effect, there's certainly no shortage to describing their effects... Would they warrant articles (besides just "more is better")?
At the very least, we should split up the badges in the Paper Mario series from the badges in the Mario & Luigi series. The badges in Paper Mario and its sequel use badge points that limit how many can be used at once. The badges in the Mario & Luigi series, on the other hand, are split into two more categories: the badges that act like a second piece if gear in the first two games and the badges that are used with the Badge Meter in later installments.

The central badge page should just the the "History" (and "Names in other languages") section(s) covering all the series, but rather than just splitting it apart by series, we should at least make "List of Badges in X" for all the individual games involved. That'd also be consistent for collectibles like the SPM catch cards and whatnot.

And I wouldn't be opposed to going a step further and also making individual badge pages to go into more detail about things like location and whatnot - plus, then we could add "Names in other languages" sections for individual badges too. But noe the "also": I feel like even if we make separate pages, it'll still be a good idea to have a table directory in case someone wants to see a quick summary or whatever.

I don't agree with the thought at all. Seems like you'd get a lot of mad-lipped articles.

I've got a proposal fresh out of the oven and ready to be posted about reversing [1] and [2], but I have no idea where to post it. Talk:Blue Toad (character)? Talk:Toad? Wouldn't a regular proposal be warranted since this involves a minor rewrite of two major pages and a fair bit of link correction in other articles? Gah!

...Do you mean mad libbed? Regardless of that, individual articles would allow for more fleshed-out info on them; even if the writing itself does end up a bit repetitive overall, the final result will be more detailed.

I'd say post it on the main proposal page, since it's overriding two proposal that, though related, have no middle ground between them.

Glowsquid said:
I've got a proposal fresh out of the oven and ready to be posted about reversing [1] and [2], but I have no idea where to post it. Talk:Blue Toad (character)? Talk:Toad? Wouldn't a regular proposal be warranted since this involves a minor rewrite of two major pages and a fair bit of link correction in other articles? Gah!
So, what, it'd be saying Captain Toad is the Toad and should be merged, and that the Blue Toad that's appeared a couple times is a separate Toad and should get a separate article? Even though, he already does have one (Blue Toad (character))? But I guess the SMB2 Toad info would stay on the Toad page? God, I hate Toads... And Nintendo for not making up their freaking minds about anything having to do with them. It's like, headache in a can every time a discussion about what do about them comes up.

But if we have to deal with it again, yeah, the main Proposals page is the best venue.

Back