Nintendo looking to expand their character licensing business

Weasel

Donkey Kong
Retired Forum Mod
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/01/31/nintendo-looking-to-expand-their-character-licensing-business/

By moving forward with such activities globally, we aim to increase consumer exposure to Nintendo characters by making them appear in places other than on video game platforms

So many possibilities. Smash Bros. toy lines? New Super Mario Bros. Super Show? Metroid and Zelda movies?

Well someone's getting a TV show either way, and maybe original game soundtracks will appear outside of Japan's Club Nintendo.

Also this is probably hinting to Mario being in Wreck-it Ralph 2 even though there's already been mention of it being a possibility.

I'd love to see increased merchandising. I'm a huge fan of Mario merchandise

Mienfoo said:
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/01/31/nintendo-looking-to-expand-their-character-licensing-business/

By moving forward with such activities globally, we aim to increase consumer exposure to Nintendo characters by making them appear in places other than on video game platforms

So many possibilities. Smash Bros. toy lines? New Super Mario Bros. Super Show? Metroid and Zelda movies?

This is exciting. Maybe we can have a modern Mario show where it stays true to the series and it has voice acting (Mario talking as Charles Martinet sounds better than you think).

But Nintendo hasn't bought them; they just announced that they will be developing games exclusively to Nintendo.

By the way, I think it's wrong topic, sister.

Next Level Games did a great job with the Mario series and I look forward to more games from them.

Olaf said:
A Fire Emblem movie would be epic, if it's done right.

Make it happen, Nintendo.
I was about to say that.

I just want any Nintendo movie done right, especially an animated Mario movie.

NSY said:
Olaf said:
A Fire Emblem movie would be epic, if it's done right.

Make it happen, Nintendo.
I was about to say that.
I feel like Fire Emblem would be one of the most difficult movies to pull off. You'd have to introduce all of the characters (or people would complain that their favorite wasn't in the movie) and you would somehow have to make them all work to improve the army.

A movie with 20+ main characters? Lolnope.

fire emblem would have to be made into a full scale series to include everyone
I could see it as a tv show

It's about time they start merchandising
also fire emblem would be a weird pick for a movie due to the fact that it isn't all that popular outside of Japan (at least compared to their other franchises)

The only way it would be 100% perfect was if Nintendo opened up their own studio and made it.

it is now 2:00 I will laughing until at least 5:30 ;)

video game movies are always chancy, and a whole studio just for them, its absurd and would never last long

Michell said:
fire emblem would have to be made into a full scale series to include everyone
I could see it as a tv show
I think it would work as a show. Pokémon is still on tv isn't it?

Back