DS Games On Wii U VC?

fantanoice

I can see through time
Pronouns
She / They
During Nintendo’s investor briefing today Satoru Iwata detailed four steps they would take to get the Wii U more exposure and hopefully more sales (more on that soon). The fourth point on that list was bringing Nintendo DS games to the Wii U Virtual Console.

Yes, Nintendo DS games on the Wii U Virtual Console.

Source: Nintendo DS games coming to Virtual Console …on Wii U

Well this is certainly different.

well i guess thats okay but i already have a 3ds

i mean if they translate tales of innocence or soma bringer then that'd be something but otherwise; meh.

To be honest though, aside form playing these games on a big screen, what's the incentive to buy these? I mean, DS games aren't hard to find.

if i had a wii u i'd be really excited because BOWSER'S INSIDE STORY ON A FUCKING TV SCREEN WOULD BE AWESOME

Judging by the current release schedule, the first DS games on the VC will be Ping Pals and Big Brain Academy, released in 2017 after Nintendo has exhausted its supply of unlicensed NES sports games.

i am hyped for this for one single damn reason

we may never get our 1080p hd version of animal crossing: new leaf

but we might get a 1080p hd edition of ANIMAL CROSSING: WILD WORLD FOR THE DS (with online play converted to wii u stuff)

....i like the idea :P

If they're putting the games on the VC, it'd make business sense to just port them over. If they were gonna give them HD visuals, they'd probably be released as individual games, but who knows?

Mario4Ever said:
If they're putting the games on the VC, it'd make business sense to just port them over. If they were gonna give them HD visuals, they'd probably be released as individual games, but who knows?

i meant via upscaling :P

Where dafaq are the GBA games tho

eh only game id ever want from gba is m&lss and ff5a.

Dont care much now because ive played gba games so many times it actually makes me ill to play them ever again.

Now if they localized the games we didnt get such as summon knight 3, then it'd care.

I'd much rather have a way of actually playing my physical game cards on the Wii U rather than having to pay the same price as everyone who never played the game before in their life. I'm sure this is the same complaint that was made when the Wii's VC was initially announced but seeing how recent the DS and that games are still being developed for it doesn't really warrant buying the games again (but then again, the Nintendo 64 was 10 years old when the Virtual Console was first launched so...), if Nintendo doesn't want people to just buy the one console to play everything then there could be a method of streaming games from the 3DS to the Wii U somehow?

But aside from that YES finally a legitimate way of playing DS games on a big screen, doesn't necessarily mean I'll actually buy a lot of them seeing that I could buy the same thing box and manual included for the same or lower price because I'm one of those guys who prefer to have physical versions of products if they're easily available.

i founf this kinda surprising, but i'll be interested to see how it goes. there aren't many ds games that i want which i don't already have, but who knows, might be useful

I'd like to see DS VC on eShop and cross-platform ownership like that of PSN, but I can't see it happening

Cool... I guess. I still want more info on Mario World Tour 3ds.

How about we get Gamecube games on the wii u and ds games on the 3ds?

So what other DS games can we expect to come to the Wii U now?

If Mario Kart DS is a possibility then that would fulfill my goal to play Mario Kart DS on a TV, as in I wanted to do that before capture cards for 3DSs existed.

SKmarioman said:

If Mario Kart DS is a possibility then that would fulfill my goal to play Mario Kart DS on a TV, as in I wanted to do that before capture cards for 3DSs existed.

It's more complicated than that. From what I've seen in Brain Age, the two sceens are shown tilted by 90° on the tv screen, not sure how to change the settings of that either.

FЯЕ4КШ0ЯГD said:
SKmarioman said:

It's more complicated than that. From what I've seen in Brain Age, the two sceens are shown tilted by 90° on the tv screen, not sure how to change the settings of that either.
My comment was based on the fact that DS games are working on the Wii U at all, Brain Age is one of the few games that was rotated 90° and it can't be that difficult to alter the screen orientation to the top screen being on the TV and the touch screen on the GamePad for other games.

From what I've played the game is just that, the game, with no VC features whatsoever, but there are plans to release an update to put in such features.

Back