DS Games On Wii U VC?

I don't know about anyone else, but I think this is a stupid idea. In fact, it's even worse than GBA games being on the Wii U's Virtual Console, and that's saying a lot.

SolarBlaze said:
I don't know about anyone else, but I think this is a stupid idea. In fact, it's even worse than GBA games being on the Wii U's Virtual Console, and that's saying a lot.
Reason being?

I think it is kind of stupid as well. DS games can still be played on the 3DS. Any incentive to get a Wii U because of DS games is already with the 3DS, which has better+more games and will be more suited to the ds games.

Well, that's just how I see it.

SolarBlaze said:

Mio Akiyama said:
I think it is kind of stupid as well. DS games can still be played on the 3DS. Any incentive to get a Wii U because of DS games is already with the 3DS, which has better+more games and will be more suited to the ds games.

Well, that's just how I see it.

I completely agree with these statements. If they really wanted the Wii U to sell more, they can just port/remake GameCube games since those are much harder to find, doesn't create redundancy and the GameCube adaptor is a thing.

Well I hardly fine DS games on sale anymore tho, and if they do, it's usually only shitty ones.

Hell even the gamestop here stopped selling ds games and they still have gc ones.

FЯЕ4КШ0ЯГD said:
Well I hardly fine DS games on sale anymore tho, and if they do, it's usually only shitty ones.

Hell even the gamestop here stopped selling ds games and they still have gc ones.
You have a weird gamestop.

Maybe not in retail stores (or just your weird gamestop), but you can still order new copies of all kinds of good DS games online for fair prices.

Try ordering a new copy of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door and it'll cost you more than the price of a 3DS in most places. Other good games may not even have a new copy available, if not for heavily inflated prices. For example, a new Mario Kart: Double Dash!! can cost more than Mario Kart 8 does, while a fresh Tales of Symphonia will eat through your Lloyds account. :dk:

Considering they're two generations old, Gamecube games are naturally harder to find than games you can still play on the latest handheld, so they're more deserving of a direct trip back into the limelight.

Honestly not having to squint to play DS games is the only real good thing I think will come out of this.

Other than that I'm not sure what to think of this. I think selling GBA games on the 3DS is better than GBA or DS on Wii U, but I don't think any of them is a bad or stupid idea. Granted Nintendo 64 games were sold on the Wii 10 years after the Nintendo 64 was released so it's not like this hasn't happened before, but it would make more sense for there to be a way to stream DS and/or 3DS games from a 3DS.

Yui Hirasawa said:
Reason being?
As other people have pointed out, not only are DS games still in stores, but the 3DS is already backwards compadible. Plus, the Wii U's off-screen play feature has severely limited range, which almost completely strips the DS and GBA games of their portability.

Back