The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

So I unintentionally stepped into Ganon's boss fight yesterday while exploring the castle for powerful weapons, and well I had to finish the fight because I was actually in it. So might as well give impressions since I've seen all of the big things in the game.

So, first things first, gotta take a look at the story. I haven't looked up anything on the internet before I played, so nothing was revealed to me. All I knew was that Link woke up from a hundred years time of sleep. The story doesn't really continue as you progress in the game, it's pretty much what happened a hundred years ago, but parts of the story gets revealed during the game. That's an innovative type of story I'd say. It's not the best story you can get in a game, but it's good, no complaints. Although the story does not make the game what it is, and I still love the game for other reasons.
I can't really say much. I mean some music is boring, but some... are amongst the best music I've ever heard in any game. I just love Vah Ruta's theme's dramatic tone. Vah Medoh's too has a dramatic feel to it. I also like the ganons' fight themes, mainly this of Windblight Ganon. The soundtrack is great for what it is, even sound effects sound that good, that's to say everything in the "item get" category, going from obtaining a key item (gotta love that sound effect rendition) to getting the Master Sword (also love that rendition).
Graphics aren't as good as I expected but if it's Wii U graphics ported to the Switch I'm ok with it. They're nice looking, especially when you're someone who hasn't had anything but a Wii for like seven years.
This game plays nice. I like how you need to choose your weapons strategically, like use the weakest one-handed weapon to battle a Lizalfos, and not use spears or longblades or hammers against Sword-wielding Lynels because they can easily attack you so you need to equip your shield fast. The Paraglider is also fun to use over slopes, and shield-surfing is also great. Now we do have the mandatory "use your scope only once in the main quest", but I used it a lot because this game can get you lost real fast, the scope is not as useless this time around. We still have the "protect an item" side-quest, but it was easy here. And the runes combined with the champions' abilities make everything possible to do. Although here also are the biggest flaws of the game: weather and weapon durability. Trust me, you don't want that Master Sword to run out of energy during the boss-fight, or equip any metal weapons during a storm.
Now we're on a point where I truly rate stuff here. Every game that is not a platformer or a puzzle game should have that. In terms of character development, this game shines. You can find many memorable characters along the way to success, like my top three, Sidon, Master Kogha and Revali, for example. All three (well, two of 'em) are well-developed. Sidon has that charm of being the guy who supports you all the way to the top and also treating you as his best friend, Kohga is not that well developed, but is memorable for the fact that he's the funniest character in the game, and through the loyalty of the members of the Yiga clan, you can see that even as a goofball, he is respected, and Revali is that character I am obligated to like because he's the perfect ass(bleep).

Overall, the game itself is a must-play, even for non-zelda fans, and I am going to tell you, that is my first zekda game and it managed to be great enough to almost surpass SMG, but also intrucing me to the zelda fandom. This game deserves a rating of 9.7 over ten, tied up with Super Mario Galaxy, my favorite game of the Mario series.

Just defeated Ganon.

This is easily one of my favorite games of all time now. I love the world, I love the characters, I love the difficulty, I love the creativity. But most of all I love the originality. This game took risks and broke old Zelda conventions while still sticking true to what made the series great. This is what Nintendo excels at. Creating an experience. And I hope to see this level of care and originality in more of Nintendo's future titles.

Now to get all those remaining shrines, armor, and Korok seeds. Oh boy.

I played Legend of Zelda before at Gameboy, I just want to know if it is worth to play LOZ - Breath of the Wild?

Yes, I recommend the game. Even people who have never played Zelda have been saying they enjoy it. Just know it's very different from other games in the series.

GalacticPetey said:
Yes, I recommend the game. Even people who have never played Zelda have been saying they enjoy it. Just know it's very different from other games in the series.

Thanks a lot, I think I need to prepare myself for my next off duty to play Legend of Zelda! :posh:

Okay, I got BoTW yesterday and....

I don't get it.

What makes this game so great?

I don't understand.

I don't understand.

You just got it yesterday, so you haven't been able to experience it all.

The point of Breath of the Wild isn't to pop it in, play a few puzzles, and then be done with it. The adventure along the way is more important than the destination. You see those mountains over there? Aren't you curious what's on the other side? You'll discover so many new and different things, and the beautiful accompanying visuals and music will make it all magical. You'll find new shrines and Koroks and enemies and items and possibilities of movement, which is the entire fun of it.

Of course, this playstyle of game doesn't adhere to everybody. You have to be willing to be patient and take it all in. If you're able to do that, then Breath of the Wild will wow you.

The thing about it is that the world is so wide you’ll almost never get to see the entirety of it. There’s so much into it, there are things everywhere. Even after having done the main quest and sidequests, it is still possible that you still have a lot of things undiscovered.

What makes Breath of The Wild so great is how big the world is. There’s always something to do, and things to discover. Just when you think you’ve completed the game, nope, there’s more! Every single pixel of the map counts, and while a random rock in the ocean sounds useless, it maybe has a use.

Trust me, you’ll learn to love it.

Holy hell BOTW knocked my socks off. It was the game that solidified my Zelda fandom for good. I think the best part about the game is that every single action you perform in it feels rewarding in some way, and there's just so much to do.

Has anyone here found all Korok seeds? I have 810 at the moment, and am really struggling :waluigi:

Its like finding peices of a jigsaw, looking all over with no idea as to where they could be

I don't know where they are. Here's a video to help you.
Now I know it's way too long, but just look at the korok seeds you didn't find.

Breath of the Wild is way the heck down at the bottom of my list when it comes to Zelda games. I'd rather play Skyward Sword again, and that's saying something.

I guess it just wasn't my type of game. I didn't like the Divine Beast dungeons, as I personally found them to be far too difficult, what with all the moving and shifting of the environment you had to do. (Admittedly, that's on me. I'm just not very good at complex 3D puzzles. I couldn't even finish Catherine on easy mode.) And though I can certainly appreciate games with big open worlds (Far Cry 3 is one of my favorite PS3 games), I also believe there's such a thing as too big. (Sailing around the entire Caribbean in Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag sounded utterly exhausting to me when I first heard about it.) Also, exploring the open world was a drag. Sprinting, climbing, and swimming all take stamina, and you only start out with a little bit. Enemies were insanely overpowered to the point that they could kill you with one hit. And what was even the point of taming a horse if most of the terrain is extremely unfriendly to horseback riding? Never mind that you have to worry about the elements killing you if Link drifts outside his comfort zone. Sure, there are solutions to these hurdles (more health, more stamina, special clothing, etc.), but you've got to spend several hours gimping around Hyrule like an incompetent infant before most of those solutions become available. And finally, I didn't care about the story because Nintendo has rebooted Link and Zelda so many times now that they're basically just hollow cyphers.

All in all, the only Zelda game I'd rank lower than Breath of the Wild would be Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, and that's only because that game is literally unplayable.

This was the first LoZ game I ever played, having previously not been attracted to the prospects of earlier games in the series. But seeing the trailers and marketing made me realise that this one seemed to have a more interesting concept behind it, and so I decided to give it a go. This was a good move. It was brilliant, and managed to keep me occupied for months. I’m hoping that future games in the series follow a similar pattern.

Honestly even if the next game returns to the traditional I would buy it. Playing this game got me interested and I noticed that I easily could've played either Skyword Sword or Twilight Princess.

I regret not playing them seen the huge opportunity I had.

Currently, these are my goals in the game:

Phase 1 (Can be done in any order)

-Obtain the Master Sword.
-Free all four Divine Beasts.
-Recall all of Link's memories.
-Complete all 120 shrines.
-Collect every non-DLC and non-amiibo armor.
-Fully upgrade every armor.

Phase 2 (Currently on this)

-Complete "The Champion's Ballad".

Phase 3

-DESTROY GANON.

Back