The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Barbarian Armor is overall less max damage than Guardian Armor, because the bonus doesn't stack with the Attack Up food bonus. Guardian Armor set bonus gives you ANOTHER damage bonus on top of the Attack Up bonus, as long as you're using Ancient weapons.

Kinda odd that they don't decrease durability when mounted, though. Guess I can bust out my Royal Guard weapon set to take them down that way.

Sara Valestein said:
MnSG said:
Gold Lynel: 6000 HP
silver lynels already have this much hp. Chances are it'll be more.

Actually, the Silver Lynel has 5000 HP. The trend is that each Lynel variant has 1000 HP more than its weaker variant; the standard Red-Maned Lynel has 2000 HP; the Blue-Maned Lynel has 3000 HP; the White-Maned Lynel has 4000 HP.

As such, it's only fitting that the Gold Lynel has 1000 HP more than the Silver Lynel.

I'm aware of that but for that example I was just showing how the attack up bonus on its own can deal with a Silver Lynel if you manage to land 6 headshots and have a good two-handed club, without wearing down the durability on your weapons much or at all.

I also don't really carry around Ancient weapons anymore since I only got them from shrines and I've already completed them all, I know you can go back in to get them but I already end up getting tons of expendable broadswords that I can just use instead once the master sword breaks, and every other enemy can be dealt with quickly enough that swapping my armour to optimise my damage would likely take just as long as just using a sneakstrike then wailing on them with my infinite supply of royal broadswords.

basically going back to shrines to grind for ancient weapons or fast-travelling to buy them takes more time and resources than just rolling with what i got, and enemies in this game aren't hard enough to justify wasting my time optimising my damage output to that degree with weapons that are far more of an inconvenience than they're worth.

MnSG said:
Actually, the Silver Lynel has 5000 HP. The trend is that each Lynel variant has 1000 HP more than its weaker variant; the standard Red-Maned Lynel has 2000 HP; the Blue-Maned Lynel has 3000 HP; the White-Maned Lynel has 4000 HP.

As such, it's only fitting that the Gold Lynel has 1000 HP more than the Silver Lynel.

I see, I looked it up to make sure but I guess I didn't dig in hard enough.

Frankly, the Ancient weapons that you can acquire at the Akkala Ancient Tech Lab are much more durable than what the Guardian Scout IV tends to offer you. And of course, you'll deal 1.5x more damage to Guardians with Ancient weapons than you would with any other kind of weapon.

Sure, the Ancient Bladesaw is less damaging than the Ancient Battle Axe++, but it's 2x more durable, enabling you to deliver a greater damage output before the weapon breaks.

I'm not disagreeing with you, I just don't think they're worth my time given that I never run out of 60~ power royal broadswords, always use the master sword if it isn't broken and don't find the extra attack boost to be worth it when the majority of enemies die in seconds to a sneakstrike and a few swings as it is.

Whenever I give hard mode a try I'll keep it in mind but even the hardest enemy in the game currently isn't any harder than its lower-health counterparts and is frankly a joke once lategame rolls around.

Still, if you're saving those Ancient Arrows, my information should still be kept in mind, as an Ancient Proficiency boosted Ancient Bladesaw can take out a Guardian Stalker or Guardian Turret with just 11 hits (55 * 1.8 * 1.5 = 148.5), and you'd have at least 39 hits left if the Ancient Bladesaw is brand new.

So, played the game again until I got to Dah Ruta. So that means I have unlocked the Mipha memory and well, I came head to head with a Lynel. It was hard not getting his attention, and I didn't want to fight him because obviously he was still too strong. During the boss fight, I found it hard to hit the ice cubes, but the spiked ball were so easy to shoot I never missed one.

At some point, I lost some of my shock arrows on ice cubes and spiked balls, and so I thought that you needed exacly 20 shock arrows and thought I couldn't beat the beast. Turns out it was a suggestion, and Muzu doubted my capacities. Got to explore some of the dungeon.

Overall, I think this game is getting better and better despite the complaints about the weather, which was also a problem if you still haven't beaten the beast. But now I also remember that I was supposed to be at Kakariko village to see Impa, but when I teleproted there, there was a shrine in the distance I couldn't resist visiting, and that got me to the path of Zora's domain.

Should I put that behind a spoiler tag though? I think I revealed unneeded things.

Some new information has been announced in regards to the first DLC pack.

Apparently, the Wii U version requires much more memory to download DLC pack 1 than the Switch version. I highly doubt that there are version differences, so there must be a reason why the Wii U version requires so much memory for just one DLC pack alone.

Maybe because the same content requires more from the Wii U because it is less powerful? I don't know, but I'm pretty sure it has something to do with that... or not?

Anyway, I finally beat Waterblight Ganon, with baby steps, and the edge of duality helped a lot. I even beat him in this time's first attempt. Forst phase was fast, but the strongest bow I had left was the traveler's bow, which deals only 5 points of damage, so the second phase took some time, but I actually haven't lost any health during the fight, so yeah, I managed to finally save Mipha and free the divine beast.

That being done, I tried to figure out what the places on the camera were, apparently there is one where the dueling peaks can be seen in the distance. I tried to find it but couldn't but that's ok, I guess, I can go hunt for the other locations. But I also climbed a little of Eldin, until I reached the tower. I didn't go any further, because it was too hot and I wasn't prepared. But I plan on coming back soon.

Zelda DLC is out

I watched my Hero's Path

i fast travelled multiple times in a row moving little or not at all, this happened incredibly frequently

the fuck was i doing

On mine I saw myself go on a certain path repeatedly on Eventide Island; that was when I was grinding for rupees by doing that gliding minigame.

After browsing through a lot of Miiverse screenshots, I finally found one that shows the HP amount for one of the gold enemies. The Gold Bokoblin has 1080 HP, so it's just about as resilient as a Silver Moblin.

WVW69kcK6-stV4CudY

I also found a screenshot of a Gold Lynel, but its HP amount was not visible.

WVW69kcJjNAOiD6GcO

After many failed attempts of sneaking in the Yiga Hideout, I figured out you could burn those things the bananas are on the distract the blademasters, and so I managed to get to the end. Two funny things: I like how the Yiga Blademasters run towards bananas, it looks like they're crazy over them. And second, I just find Master Kohga to be the funniest character in the game so far, especially how his secret technique fails.

After I recovered the helm, I fought Naboris after getting the helmet back to Riju, and tbh, the sand seals were kinda hard to keep in the force field. So anyway, I then spent at least half an hour inside because the puzzles are way harder than Ruta's in my opinion. I released thunderblight Ganon and fought him a little, but died. I however managed to know you to flurry strike him, so I'm fine.

I have detected a minor problem though. Through my Champion's Tunic, I saw that Yiga Blademasters have 600 HP, but Zeldawiki says they have 400. Perhaps it's a regional difference?

Edit: So, how much HP do they have with you?

The Yiga Blademasters at the Yiga Clan Hideout are much more powerful than the ones you'd find anywhere else, which includes even their HP amount; the hideout Blademasters can kill you instantly, requiring you to be stealthy to avoid a conflict.

Anyway, more HP amounts for the golden enemies.

Golden Lizalfos: 1296 HP
Golden Moblin: 1620 HP
Golden Lynel: 7500 HP

The source can be found here.

Yeah I noticed that, they were super easy to kill outside of the hideout. Thanks anyway. Btw, Windcleavers break so fast man.

MnSG said:
The Yiga Blademasters at the Yiga Clan Hideout are much more powerful than the ones you'd find anywhere else, which includes even their HP amount; the hideout Blademasters can kill you instantly, requiring you to be stealthy to avoid a conflict.
You CAN kill them, but it's pretty difficult. They'll gang up and target you two or three at a time in the second room, and they were oneshotting me when I had ~15 hp.

The best method is to just shoot them over and over with arrows, since their heads are pretty big. If you get in melee range you'd better be a dodge master or you're gonna get oneshot.

Also, watch for their teleports, you need to keep them in medium range to make sure they don't *teleports behind you* "nothin personnel kid" you.

Is this hard mode? In normal mode at least I remember just sneakstriking them once to kill them and thinking maybe they were programmed to die instantly from that.

No, Yiga Blademasters do have 600 HP in the Hideout. It's only after you beat it that they will appear all around Hyrule, and then they have 400 HP. Also, the fact that the area is more open than the Hideout makes it easier to fight, and you don't need to worry about other ones appearing behind you.

That being said does the blood moon also revive Guardians? Because I have already killed the ones right next to the Central Tower but a Guardian saw me while I was paragliding from the Tower. I thought it was "Blood" moon so basically enemies that have "blood" revive, right?

I was talking about the ones in the hideout specifically, I know that they start appearing regularly after you clear that area. Rather the ones outside of the hideout are slightly more troublesome because there's no immediate opportunity to sneakstrike them compared to the ones inside the hideout which give you the perfect set-up for it (just walk up behind them and/or throw a banana down and walk up behind them).

Also I'm pretty sure the Blood Moon revives guardians as the ones I killed near the Akkala Lab returned at some point despite me killing them early on in the game.

Ok then. Seems like I never tried sneak-striking them since you're not supposed to be spotted, so that makes sense I guess.

Tadaomi Karasuma said:
That being said does the blood moon also revive Guardians? Because I have already killed the ones right next to the Central Tower but a Guardian saw me while I was paragliding from the Tower. I thought it was "Blood" moon so basically enemies that have "blood" revive, right?

The Blood Moon revives every single enemy around Hyrule, except for the Blight Ganons and Master Kohga. You can use the enemy revival to your advantage if you ever want to stock up on Guardian weaponry or Savage Lynel weaponry.

I hate how you can't upgrade the dlc armor. Absolutely stupid. What's the point of wearing Midna's Mask for 7 defense when the Ancient Helm gives 28 and the same effect or the Tingle Outfit for a whopping 6 defense total versus the Stealth set's 48 defense and exact same bonus? I guess it's cool for the look, but it sucks that they're all impractical compared to stuff you already have upgraded.

I'd rather upgrade these dlc items than the ugly amiibo tunics or the awful Breath of the Wild tunic pieces.

Doesn't Midna's Mask work like an enemy mask, I thought I read that somewhere. Otherwise yeah that seems like a bummer, I guess.

idk if its actually a big deal i never really paid any mind to the numbers

Magolor said:
I hate how you can't upgrade the dlc armor. Absolutely stupid. What's the point of wearing Midna's Mask for 7 defense when the Ancient Helm gives 28 and the same effect or the Tingle Outfit for a whopping 6 defense total versus the Stealth set's 48 defense and exact same bonus? I guess it's cool for the look, but it sucks that they're all impractical compared to stuff you already have upgraded.

I'd rather upgrade these dlc items than the ugly amiibo tunics or the awful Breath of the Wild tunic pieces.

Yeah, even the Phantom armor set becomes pointless once you've enhanced the defenses for the Barbarian armor parts. Shame too, since if you could enhance the Phantom armor set's defenses, they could've offered a defense value that surpasses even the Champion's Tunic.

On another subject, I still seem to find some Miiverse users mistaking a White-Maned Lynel for a Silver Lynel; the Silver Lynel is Black-Maned.

Edit: A review of the first DLC pack has been uploaded a few days ago, but it has lead to a large amount of comments that heavily disagree with the reviewer.

It should be noted that even though completing the Trial of the Sword makes the Master Sword the most durable weapon in the game, it doesn't defeat the more powerful enemies as quickly as the more damaging weapons that exist. Heck, an Ancient Proficiency boosted Ancient Short Sword would still defeat a Decayed Guardian faster than the true Master Sword.

So, after yesterday, where I did the Vah Medoh quest, which was incredibly easy (btw, Tulin is the cutest thing in the whole game.), I decided it would be nice to do some side-quests. At some point, I had like 30 wood bundles, and I have remembered my brother tried to by a house in Hateno village and needed that much wood bundles, and seing I had over 15000 rupees, I went with it, and built everything besides a few gear displays, and it's nice having a way to keep the lightscale trident and great falcon bow safe from destruction. I also completed the Akkala Labyrinth in order to obtain the travel medallion, but I couldn't find it despite the fact that the chamber it is supposedly in is completely a square. Aside from that, killed another Hinox, made myself an ancient Bladesaw and Shield for gear display in order to take them back before Ganon, and killed a Guardian stalker for the first time. Now about the main story, I only have Vah Rudania to do left, and then it's a long series of side quests, including getting the Master Sword AND Hylian shield. And yes, I still would like the Ancient Bladesaw with me while fighting Ganon, just in case the Master sword runs out of juice.

Edit: Ok never mind I just found out the Medallion is part of a DLC pack, so yeah, all makes sense now.

Back