The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

So did I for the longest time, but it often made the ore fly off and tumble down cliffs. So eventually I stopped.

I still blow up trees though. Why waste axes?

Nabber said:
wait, you can break ores with hammer type stuff? ive just been using bombs

Whenever you face a Talus, if the ore weak spot is on its head, the best weapons to use are the ones that can effectively break ore. The Boulder Breaker is the most effective at doing that.

I would normally keep an ice and fire weapon to one shot fire/ice enemies but they broke after having them for 40-50 hours so I'm using arrows now. Fortunately I have 200+ of each arrow type excluding ancient and normal so I really don't need to worry about wasting them. I've never actually used ancient arrows, I just remember beedle giving me one once. They're very expensive considering how strong a x3 or x5 bow with the barbarian armour at close range does against guardians already for the cost of like a shock arrow I'd never use otherwise.

I'm down to the last 4 shrines, I know there's one by the kakariko fairy that is likely a shrine quest, then there's one still on Gerudo Highlands that I've yet to reach, I saved and stopped after spotting it. I assume the last two are close to Hyrule Castle.

I did use Bombs on gemstones when I didn't have a sledgehammer/weak club and they weren't on the side of a mountain. I have enough weapons now that I just smack them with whatever I have equipped at the time.

Shock arrows can be fun to use when it's raining, since that turns them into AoE attacks. That's the one measly benefit rain has.

I have like 350+ normal arrows, mostly because of overcompensating for constantly running out during the early parts of the game.

Also, I got it down to 12 shrines now.

Well, I opened up the final tower, got all the memories and got to 119 shrines. I've got 528 Korok Seeds at the moment but I'm still going to explore this middle region before beating the game so I expect it to be 550 at least by the time I'm done. I have no fucking clue where the last shrine is but I assume I'll find it by accident while taking a look around. If It comes down to it I'll just beat the game without it and look it up afterwards with the remaining 350~ korok seeds. I probably won't finish all the sidequests but I'll at least take care of the ones I've found that I basically ignored up until now. I don't think I'll grind for the armor upgrades but I have most of them maxed out anyway so that's also no big deal.

I did get to enter Hyrule Castle for the first time to get a memory so that was nice. It looks pretty interesting. I might explore it a bit more to grind some ancient materials and buy some ancient arrows for once.

edit: lmao i found the last shrine by accident. I take back all bad things I may have said about the rain.

I've played this game for almost 50 hours now and I've only beaten two divine beasts, completed 54 shrines and dunno where most of the korok speeds are and the western part of the world has not even been touched. This game is so big it's ridiculous.

for people that think zelda sounds like a loser you can now change the language so she sounds like a loser in a different language

:thumbup:

Truthfully, I felt indifferent about the English voice acting.

Anyway, since Hard Mode raises the ranking of the standard enemies by one, it makes you wonder if the Silver enemies will change into Gold enemies. Of course, the Fire-Breath Lizalfos, Ice-Breath Lizalfos, and Electric Lizalfos do not have stronger counterparts, so I'm guessing that the gradual HP recovery makes up for the fact that some enemies do not have stronger variants.

The rank increase could also mean that the Ploymus Mountain's Lynel will always be a Blue-Maned Lynel, while at Hyrule Castle, the White-Maned Lynel is transferred over to the First Gatehouse, while a Silver Lynel takes over the Second Gatehouse.

Based on some research that a Miiverse user has made, the following appear to be the base attack values for the Lynel species.

Lynel: 15
Blue-Maned Lynel: 20
White-Maned Lynel: 26
Silver Lynel: 30

If a Gold Lynel does end up being a thing in Hard Mode, I'd hate to think about how overpowered it could be with the Savage Lynel weaponry.

Doesn't matter if you don't get hit

:^)

or if you just have food to invalidate any damage
or decent armour
or a couple of fairies

An absurd amount of HP and health regen would just make them such a time sink, Silver Lynel's already feel like they take too long to deal with and they only take 2-3 minutes if you don't fuck up your parries and headshots.

Altera said:
Doesn't matter if you don't get hit

:^)

or if you just have food to invalidate any damage
or decent armour
or a couple of fairies

An absurd amount of HP and health regen would just make them such a time sink, Silver Lynel's already feel like they take too long to deal with and they only take 2-3 minutes if you don't *bleep* up your parries and headshots.

The thing is, I never did perform Parry strikes on a Lynel, as I focused more on Flurry Rush opportunities and finding the right moments to try to fire arrows at its face.

Anyway, we'll just have to see how Hard Mode will play out. Since all Blue Bokoblin are upgraded to Black Bokoblin, that can potentially mean that the Silver enemies could be upgraded to Gold enemies. In other words, the following trend would be in play...

Default -> Blue
Blue -> Black
Black -> Silver
Silver -> Gold

lmao at Nintendo telling including fucking masks as dlc

yeah, cause it took so much work to make a korok mask that they couldn't include it in the base game

I'll forgive them if they make Majora's Mask give you apocalyptic powers. Or if the Tingle suit comes with a rupee-related set bonus.

Also, still missing 6 shrines. Sad.

The Tingle armor set disturbs me, because it's so skin tight that the ***** location is quite noticeable.

MnSG said:
The Tingle armor set disturbs me, because it's so skin tight that the ***** location is quite noticeable.

In the words of Rosalina herself , ''Thats better!''

Also , does it have sparkles though? It would not be complete with no sparkles.

Oh... I should've posted those BotW stuff in here instead of the other thread... Oops.

So I've (finally) got around to playing this, and overall it's a fantastic game... except for a few (somewhat minor) things.

First of all, rain is awful. Like, honestly. Every other weather-related problem can be worked around with proper gear or weapons, but if you need to climb something and it's raining then literally the only thing you can do is drop your controller and stare at the screen for a few minutes until the weather changes. Go grab a snack or something. If there was some way to avoid it, or circumvent its effects (make the Zora armor immune to sliding while climbing, perhaps) then it might be okay, but it's just a waste of time. You can't even build a bonfire to timeskip because the rain stops you from lighting fires too. Ugh.

Second, weapon durability is kind of a bother. You get used to it, I guess, but that doesn't make it any better. Half the excitement from getting great weapons is instantly tempered when you figure that you're gonna end up breaking it pretty quick. Especially against lategame enemies like Lynels, who have gobs of health and you're pretty much guaranteed to shatter a weapon or two on them.

Third, and this is maybe an odd complaint, but I felt like I broke the cooking system. Once you realize that ANY item with "Hearty" effect restores 100% health on TOP of overhealing, then suddenly all other food restoration items become pointless. Why should I cook 5x Raw meat for a 10 heart restore when I can cook 1 Hearty Radish and get a STRONGER effect? Same goes for "Enduring", since it restores 100% Stamina AND overfills the wheel. Now I just run around with 10 Hearty meals and 10 Enduring meals at all times, and it's basically like having infinite health/stamina (just take your cap and multiply by 10). The only purpose for cooking now is to increase the sale price.

Other than this (and farming stuff like Star Fragments, which as best I can tell is purely RNG), great game. 9/10. Easily best Zelda, other than the story (story was never all that great in Zelda anyway imo).

I definitely agree with you, I got muself a guardian sword last time, the best weapon I ever used, but broke after a few hits.

I don't really agree with the lategame enemy thing since by that point all the tools to make them quick and easy are available to you. +3 Attack Boost, Master Sword and headshots will be able to deal with pretty much everything in the game (sneakstrikes too if you can). Lynels are slightly different because they have higher health pools but they also take a lot more damage from headshots than other enemies, since it stuns them which lets you mount them. Their attacks are also really telegraphed so parries are reliable.

rain sucks though, and cooking is absurdly good as you said though mostly for the attack boost meals, health isnt much of an issue after you start getting into the second row of hearts but its nice to have the full restores. I think I read star fragments are based on play-time/play sessions, something like once every 10 hours normally but it resetting anytime you close the game and re-enter.

i'm looking forward to hero's path and the trial of the sword.

Even with the Master Sword the Lynels still have absurd HP pools. The fastest I've killed one was with the full set of Guardian Armor, using an Ancient Battle Axe++, with a attack boosting food item. That's a pretty hefty amount of damage, and it still takes at least 30 hits to take one of these things down.

I have found Guardians to be far, far easier lategame than they were earlygame. Other than the flying ones, those are frustrating since the only way I've found to deal with them is to spam bomb arrows until their propellers shatter. Plus half the time when you DO kill them, their loot drops off a cliff or something.

It seems that I was right on the money with my predictions, as Master Mode will have gold variations of the Bokoblin, Lizalfos, Moblin, and Lynel. The following artwork even features a Gold Lynel.

BotW_The_Master_Trials_Artwork.png

Now, if I were to guess the HP amounts, I'd probably say the following...

Gold Bokoblin: 1200 HP
Gold Lizalfos: 1500 HP
Gold Moblin: 1800 HP
Gold Lynel: 6000 HP

Another thing that I'm predicting is that unlike the Silver enemies, Gold enemies will always carry maximum attack power weapons, and if any enemies are using bows that can fire multiple arrows (such as the Savage Lynel Bow), they will always offer the Five-Shot Burst bonus effect.

Anyway, on another subject, I'd like to mention that if you don't aim an Ancient Arrow at a Guardian's eye, you'll only take away 1/3 of its maximum HP. However, If you're using a Great Eagle Bow or any of the Lynel Bows, you can take out a Guardian with a single shot of three Ancient Arrows, which especially helps against the Guardian Skywatcher.

Javelin said:
Even with the Master Sword the Lynels still have absurd HP pools. The fastest I've killed one was with the full set of Guardian Armor, using an Ancient Battle Axe++, with a attack boosting food item. That's a pretty hefty amount of damage, and it still takes at least 30 hits to take one of these things down.

I have found Guardians to be far, far easier lategame than they were earlygame. Other than the flying ones, those are frustrating since the only way I've found to deal with them is to spam bomb arrows until their propellers shatter. Plus half the time when you DO kill them, their loot drops off a cliff or something.

Mounting does damage without lowering the durability on your weapon, carry around a Lynel Club of 70 power or more (100+ if you manage to get one) and equip the barbarian armour and you'll be smashing down large chunks of their health with each headshot which you'll have an opportunity for after almost every attack you parry or avoid. Two-handed weapons are slow so even if they have 10-20 more attack power than a one-handed weapon, you'll still be dishing out roughly the same amount of damage if you just stick with two-handed. This doesn't apply to the mounting since I believe it does five hits for free so the only time to bring them out is for that.

Either way I generally only break one weapon between two Silver Lynels, you just have to try avoid using flurry rushes and abuse the ability to mount them. I managed to pick up a Lynel Club that does 100~ damage, combined with the barbarian armour I'm taking out presumably 750~ of their health with a single mount. This doesn't take into account the potshots with the master sword I take while its stunned before mounting or the headshot itself. One headshot can lead into 9-10 hits in quick succession at the cost of the durability on a recharging weapon, six of these and it's over.

I would say 2-3 minutes to beat what is supposed to be the 'hardest' enemy in the game is reasonable, and they specifically have a mechanic that makes durablity a non-issue.

MnSG said:
Gold Lynel: 6000 HP
silver lynels already have this much hp. Chances are it'll be more.

Back