The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

I fully upgraded the Ancient Armor. I'm not noticing any effectiveness against guardians like the Turrets, but apparently it makes your Guardian Weapons stronger when the full set is equipped.

None of the legendary weapons besides daruk's Boulder Basher is worth it. Mipha's Lightscale Trident is weak compared to the Royal Halberd's most Hinoxes drop, Urbosa's Scimitar of the Seven is in a similar situation with the Hinoxes dropping Royal Broadswords like candy, and Revali's Great Eagle Bow is similar to efficiency from the bows that Lynels sometime drop.

The Boulder Basher, however, has the utility of taking a steaming dump on Talus enemies, and Rare Stone Talus often drop diamonds too so the return on investment is high for that weapon.

I ended up just displaying all of the Champion weapons in my house anyways.

The only problem is that all the Lynel are very dangerous to tackle, so until you have the armor and weapons to defeat them, you're pretty much stuck with the Great Eagle Bow, and you can't even acquire a new one without a Swallow Bow, 5 pieces of Wood, and a Diamond. Heck, I can't even find an unused Zora Spear.

On a side note, while an Ancient Arrow does kill a Lynel with one hit, they won't leave behind anything, so you pretty much have to fight them head-on if you want their spoils.

Sumpthing said:
RIP Jagi my beloved horse
2017-2017
you will be missed.

It is possible to
revive your horse by the Horse God, located south of Faron Woods.

I accidentally killed my horse (named Dhorse) with a jump attack when I was trying to hit to a Bokoblin. Later on, my other horse (named Zorsey) fell to it's death from great height.

While you can revive your horses, it's apparently only if you've registered them, or so I hear (Don't have it yet).

Epona, obtained from the Smash Link amiibo, will also only spawn once per save, so register her ASAP, because if she dies without being registered, you won't be able to revive her nor summon her again in that save v_v

I was able to bring down a standard Lynel in head-to-head combat earlier, so I'm gradually getting used to how they normally attack. However, I have yet to officially confront the stronger Lynel variants.

Also, after upgrading the Ancient Armor set to level 2, I am kind of wondering if that armor set's bonus effect gives your Ancient weapons an attack boost, as I was able to complete two different Major Test of Strength trials with it. Sadly, you can't see your enemy's HP amount without the Champion's Tunic.

I once saw a Blue Lynel and noped the hell around it until I reached the two chests it was guarding. God help me if I find a Black Lynel.

Anyway can I just talk about Eventide Island and how incredible it is for a shrine challenge?
Basically I was introduced to it from thay village leader in the fishing town as it was one of the options in his dialogue, and so after completing the treasure hunt with his boat I marked it on my map and proceeded to windsail until I got to the island.

I expected a lot of things, but what I didnt expect was that THE SHRINE MASTER WOULD TAKE ALL OF YOUR STUFF AND LEAVE YOU STRANDED TO FEND FOR YOURSELF AND OPEN THE SHRINE

My heart pretty much dropped at first, but I was actually so stoked that this was a challenge by the end of it, because in retrospect Eventide Island pretty much forces you to rely on whatever stealth and item distribution skills you've attained throughout the game to survive and at its core it highlights just how complex the gameplay in BoTW is. Even in a closed environment, the formula still works and I'd say works even better because the accomplishements on Eventide (taking down an entire bokoblin camp by using fire chuchu jelly on the tnt barrels, paragliding on the hinox to steal the orb before he woke up, using lightning to destroy another bokoblin camp, etc.) are some of the most memorable in the game I have yet.

The only downside is the reward because aside from that sense of accomplishment for overcoming a really difficult challenge the reward really isnt proportional. 200 rupees and a single spirit orb kinda sucks given the scope of the trial but whatever. A crest or something to go in ur key items pouch wouldve been cool.

But yeah so far this is my favourite trial. To anyone else who cleared it, what did you think about/do on eventide?

so i think i just grabbed the orb from the bokoblins on their tower and ran (it also worked)

i then climbed on the mountain and somehow managed to grab a weapon and beat everyone without dying (i had like 1 heart left)

then while trying to figure out how to get the stone to get away from the platform youre supposed to insert the second orb into i blew myself up

next try i think i ran into the hinox first (didnt even know he was there until that point)

panicmode.jpg

so i ran up and as the guy approached me i check my aresnal

>nothing

>wait

>WAIT

>gets out a bomb

>repeadetly throws bombs at that hinox until hes dead for like 8-10 minutes

the orb was nearly dropped into the water. not funny.

anyways after this i had a lot of weapons and shit so dealing with the bokoblins again was ezpz

then i climbed up, had more trouble killing everyone than before somehow but also did that, spent another 10 mins figuring out how to get the platform free, nearly dropped the orb off the island, but then i finally did it.

If I'm being completely honest, of the three Lynel varieties I've fought (Basic, Blue, White), their difficulty has been overblown. Fight them as you would any other enemy (avoid/dodge attacks, swing weapon or go for headshots) and you'll bring them down with time. They just hit harder and have a different pattern that leads to a lot of free damage if done correctly, which you'll need since they're health tanks that destroy the durability on your weapons. However I assume there's a fourth version, that I'm hoping is significantly harder or at least is fought in tight quarters or something.

I wouldn't bother fighting the basic one since it's rewards are kind of garbage, besides maybe the shield. It's worth it during that one story segment just so you don't have to waste time being stealthy. Blue is fine, white has good stuff,

I thought eventide was clever, but it did just feel like doing everything I was doing before in a slower fashion because all my equipment was bad. Compared to other shrines, it just felt like an overly long 'puzzle' without any puzzle aspect, it was just a test of patience because my weapons did a quarter of the damage of what I had on me as I entered and enemies did more damage I assume because I had no armour. There wasn't a puzzle, there wasn't even really a challenge, it was just removing your equipment and telling you to play the game as always. I can do that anywhere in the game, I won't, because it's slow and unnecessary, but I have that option to beat a black moblin up with a fucking stick in my shorts at any point in the game.

Anyway I liked the idea, thought it was cute, but didn't think it was anything terribly special considering what it actually was underneath the initial shock value.

idk i feel bad shit talking this shrine because I know a lot of people probably like it.

Fun fact on the island you can just drop your good shit in the water and pick it up after you start the challenge

Sumpthing said:
Fun fact on the island you can just drop your good shit in the water and pick it up after you start the challenge
oh god that's hilarious

I've been able to take on the Silver Lynel myself now. Oddly, I never did officially confront a Blue-Maned Lynel.

I beat the game a few days ago so I thought I'd post my thoughts on it. Completed with all 120 shrines done, most sidequests completed, and about 230 Korok seeds. These are just my basic thoughts, since I don't feel like going into nitty gritty detail.

-I thought the overall soundtrack was pretty good. I liked all the village themes, the dungeon themes, and the mini-boss themes. On the other hand, most of the overworld themes were completely forgettable to me (save for the Lost Woods/maze music), the main dungeon boss theme was boring, and the final boss theme wasn't memorable. My favorite tracks were probably all the dungeon themes, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwyhYmGzKLU and the Lost Woods/maze music.

-For the most part, the voice acting was serviceable. Urbosa, Riju, and daruk had really great voice while Zelda and Rhoam's were unfitting.

-Weapon durability wasn't much of a problem to me.

-I am a little disappointed with the enemy variety. I think it would've helped to bring in more enemies like Poes, Redeads, or even normal Stalfos (why were they not in the game when there were like 6 other Stal- enemies) instead of elemental variants.

-Rain sucks. They should have made an armor that allowed you to scale walls in the rain.

-While I like the concept of the divine beasts, they were a little too short and there were too few of them for my liking.

-I didn't like that all the bosses were _______blight Ganons. I understand why they went this route, but I'm not a fan of them.

-The first form of Ganon looked great and the fight was very fun. The dark beast ganon form, otoh, was extremely anti-climatic. Such a major letdown. Even more disappointing than demise from SS, I'd say. The game really could've benefited from a Ganondorf fight, imo. The ending credits weren't that good either, imo. It really didn't feel like there was much closure. Was expecting more.

Overall, I thought the game was really good, but I wouldn't place it in my top 3 zelda games.

I don't really get how someone can have over 200 Korok seeds, since I haven't even hit the century mark with my Korok seed collection.

I haven't opened up half the map and I'm at 192 seeds, it's more of a matter of being able to spot the signs of a korok puzzle + checking any slightly suspicious formation on the map. Even then, I've likely missed like 200 of them in the areas I have explored because I'm either missing a really subtle korok puzzle type or I'm just not paying enough attention.

It's just worthwhile because you get so much inventory space. I can hold 19 weapons, 9 bows and 10 shields at the moment and it's incredibly convenient.

MnSG said:
I don't really get how someone can have over 200 Korok seeds, since I haven't even hit the century mark with my Korok seed collection.

Quite a few people have already found all 900.

I just scoured the map whenever I found a new area. I missed quite a few puzzles that I didn't know were Korok ones too (three aligned trees with fruit never struck me as a puzzle until I saw it on Vinny's stream <_> ).

Guzma said:
Quite a few people have already found all 900.

I just scoured the map whenever I found a new area. I missed quite a few puzzles that I didn't know were Korok ones too (three aligned trees with fruit never struck me as a puzzle until I saw it on Vinny's stream <_> ).

It still feels weird though. I must not be inquisitive enough if I only picked up around 64 Korok seeds.

Yeah I only started to get the three trees Korok seeds once I accidentally triggered one by picking two hearty durains off a tree

Honestly while I see the benefits I'm more focused on finding shrines than I am seeds but I still have like 50+

This game is unlike any other game I've ever played. I think this game has the biggest world and the best graphics out of all Nintendo games. It's also a game that you don't want to put down.

I have a curious question for those who have completed the main story. What's the Divine Beast order that you've followed? I'll bring up mine...

1: Medoh
2: Ruta
3: Rudania
4: Naboris

I haven't actually done the last one yet but I've done the other 3 so there's no way I could deviate from my order at this point anyway

• Ruta
  • Medoh
  • Rudania
  • Naboris

My order was:

1. Ruta
2. Naboris
3. Rudania
4. Medoh

I don't regret choosing this order, the first two powers I got are the best.

Mine was:

1. Ruta (3)
2. Medoh (4)
3. Naboris (1)
4. Rudania (2)

(#) is difficulty, (1)hardest-(4)easiest, based on my playthrough in terms of puzzles.

Back