The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

i mean i understand why they did it, because they know their fans will buy it. nintendo's trick is that as long as they put out good content, they can price it however they want. they could have made this a fucking subscription based game if they wanted. that doesn't make it ethical, though, and I'm still going to call them out on their bullshit.

Mcmadness said:
Nabber said:
What the *bleep*????

They delay this game for two years, then before it's even released decide to put out *bleep*ing DLC? And you have to pay for a *bleep*ing hard mode? What kind of bull*bleep* is this? That's deliberately taking content and locking it from the gaming because they want more money.

Oh, and since you didn't mention, you can't but an individual DLC pack. You have to get both. Which costs $20.

Hype indeed.

The game is ginormous and this is stuff they probably kept making after it was finished and put on disks.

If this were a smaller scale game I'd complain but for something this huge it's not all that unreasonable.
yeah, sorry. the game isn't on discs yet, and even if it were, they could release it for free. this kind of stuff takes a while to plan, it's not like they just suddenly came up with a new dungeon.

oh, and none of this still excuses the fact that you can't buy the dlc separately

Nabber said:
yeah, sorry. the game isn't on discs yet, and even if it were, they could release it for free.
I think the game is virtually finished at this point. In fact, it probably IS on discs right now since the release is a few weeks from now and being mass-produced.

But I think this is stupid to announce DLC before the game is released. This is supposed to be add-on bonus content. That stuff takes additional development time, and Nintendo simply can't delay the game again to include this stuff since that both pushes the game out of an extremely important release date and cost additional resources. So I think I do get where the DLC is coming from, but is it this wise to announce it before it's released? Why not announce it after a time frame AFTER it's released, like a few weeks?

I've also seen the expansion pack on day 1. Yeah, that's real smooth. It doesn't even sound like much aside from cosmetics and some items. Reeks of Day 1 DLC. I thought Nintendo was above that, but gotta play with the big boys I guess.

At this point the game is definitely being put on disks now. If what I know about average game development is true then the last month before release is always devoted to printing and shipping game disks/cartridges.

I saw the title on a youtube video and I was like 'people are gonna be so pissy about this lmao'

I'll buy it if I like the game, I won't if I dont.

I'm still feeling rather uneasy about the mobile guardians. I hope that you can use the Sheikah Slate to warp to any cleared shrines, just in case a guardian does happen to attack you. After all, it's better to live to fight another day than to humiliate yourself by getting killed by those instant death lasers, or at least that's how I see the situation.

so it turns out that you can only play the Japanese dub if you change your console's language, and then you won't be able to use English subtitles

thanks Nintendo

http://www.polygon.com/2017/2/27/14757362/legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-voice-options

I can see how that might be a problem, but I don't think it matters.

Nabber said:
so it turns out that you can only play the Japanese dub if you change your console's language, and then you won't be able to use English subtitles

thanks Nintendo

http://www.polygon.com/2017/2/27/14757362/legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-voice-options

This is Shenmue 1 all over lol

Except there's a working patch with English subs over the Japanese dub of that by now

Nabber said:
The Pyro Guy said:
what does this even mean lol
'I can visualise why this specific thing may be an issue to some people on planet earth, however I personally don't think it will affect my own enjoyment of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for Nintendo Wii U and Nintendo Switch and don't think it will be a big enough problem that it will affect the opinion of the majority of people.'

yeah that's what I meant, thanks

sorry if that wasn't clear enough.

Nabber said:
The Pyro Guy said:
what does this even mean lol

Some anime fans heavily prefer the original Japanese language with English subtitles. You can't implement those two things in Breath of the Wild, but it's always possible that a future software update could fix that up.

Cirdec said:
You know the game is great when even IGN rates it 10/10.
What did edge give it
that's the real important score
cause they give everything a 10 out of 10

98 metacritic after 60+ reviews is bloody impressive

This is pretty much the new Ocarina of Time.

The Original Zelda is released, the next few games follow in its footsteps.
Ocarina of Time is revolutionary, and TWW, TP, and SS try to copy OOT to be as good as it.
Now that BOTW is not trying to copy OOT do we finally get a game as good as OOT (possibly).
Am I right?

GameXplain does mention that the inventory menu can be an eyesore when trying to equip certain weapons, armor, and materials; you'll find yourself going back there quite often. Wouldn't that hurt the reviews a little bit?

zelda reviews are usually driven completely by hype

as long as the game doesn't let down in that aspect, flaws are irrelevant

Nabber said:
zelda reviews are usually driven completely by hype

as long as the game doesn't let down in that aspect, flaws are irrelevant

The "dying a lot" statement can be worrisome though, which could mean that even the most careful players may not be able to escape death.

how is that a problem though...

that's like complaining that you can't avoid dying in a Mario game

It's not exactly fun to get multiple game overs at the "exact same" location though. You'll have to play intelligently to avoid getting crushed, and being able to read the HP of enemies with the Sheikah Slate can help.

Back