The current state of Nintendo

Ganondorf said:
chillv said:
I do agree that Nintendo does need to improve, but part of me doesn't really care since for some reason I seem to literally be a Nintendrone. I am programmed to basically adapt to whatever Nintendo is doing and love whatever they do and ignore their flaws. To be honest, I do this with everything in gaming. As a result, I'm usually a bit dumbfounded when I hear flaws about anything gaming wise.
This is a terrible mentality to have.

You probably need more experience in gaming. Flaws in games should not be overlooked, and pretending that there are no flaws is just lying to yourself. Chillv, you need to develop a more open mindset while also being critical, but not cynical. Above all, though, enjoy the game as it goes.

You should also try exploring outside of Nintendo. There are great other companies out there, especially smaller ones, that would appreciate more support if people just knew about their games.

I love Nintendo and I think their failures right now is actually good for them, since they'll learn from them

Ganondorf said:
Blindly following a company is bad. Just going with everything they do is not a smart idea. If Nintendo fired tons of employees, kicked puppies, and made *bleep*ty games, would you still support them?

Well, ironically I enjoyed *censored*ty games. I don't know about their employees. It depends on what have done. If it is something simple or they didn't do anything and they don't give a good reason, I won't be on board with it. I don't why a company would kick puppies or would find some to kick, but nonetheless I wouldn't be on board with that either. I wasn't really refering to that kind of stuff. It's okay, I have trouble wording stuff right so people can understand what I am talking about.

Hypochondriac Mario said:
You probably need more experience in gaming. Flaws in games should not be overlooked, and pretending that there are no flaws is just lying to yourself. Chillv, you need to develop a more open mindset while also being critical, but not cynical. Above all, though, enjoy the game as it goes.

You should also try exploring outside of Nintendo. There are great other companies out there, especially smaller ones, that would appreciate more support if people just knew about their games.

Well, I play gamss from indies, shovelware companies and a few others.

I don't really know what to say about the rest. Criticism is not really something I do. If you have seen my review thread (which is not dead, I just have been busy), you will notice that my reviews are more informative then critical or opinionated. My mission in my reviews to help determine whether you will like the game or not, not how I feel about it or if it is good or not.

Perhaps, the reason I am this way is because of bad experiences with giving criticism on the internet and real life, because I can remember a few? Could it be because of a few negative feeling or reactions I have made when receiving it?

idk, maybe because for your reviews, you want people to form their own opinion rather than forcing your opinion on others?

Your opinion on your review can influence other people's opinions, though, especially if they seem legit. Reviewers' opinions are there to complement your own opinions and help you be more critical of the games. Invalid complaints and praises can also help you toward being a more critical thinker. You can agree with reviews, but don't take them for truth, especially if you believe that the game does not deserve such a score.

Dude, nintendo makes like the best games ever! But their consoles need to be sent to hell! Take the pissin' wii u for example! WHY THE BALLS ARE THE GAMES COMING OUT SO SLOWLY! I understand that they are trying their best, but I think that Nintendo should just become a third party developer. I really think so!

What do you mean "slowly'? It doesn't feel any different than games in the Wii era. Also, don't rush Nintendo.

uh all companies release games at like the same speed, not matter whehter it be console or handheld.

Thing you need to acknowledge though is that wii u and the other consoles are new systems and they will always have a slow start.

I think the only consoles i can think of that had good starts were n64, gcn, and maybe ps1.

although the DS had quite a crap start when it was first released and the 3ds didnt pick up the pace until sm3dl.

PeskyPlumbers64 said:
To be honest, the Wii U will do fine. The games will come, the online will hopefully improve, and the Wii U will eventually be maxed out in the next couple of years.

And I also think that Nintendo will bring back several dormant IPs, like F-Zero and StarTropics, as well as new IPs like Miyamoto's new one.
if nintendo doesnt change their whole strategy, the wii u won't be fine.

PeskyPlumbers64 said:
To be honest, the Wii U will do fine. The games will come, the online will hopefully improve, and the Wii U will eventually be maxed out in the next couple of years.

And I also think that Nintendo will bring back several dormant IPs, like F-Zero and StarTropics, as well as new IPs like Miyamoto's new one.
Nintendo is going to lose 270 million dollars it makes no sense to release titles for franchises that aren't going to make any money.

Nintendo can no longer succeed just on the basis of being Nintendo. It learned that with the CD-i. There are things the company is not doing and has not done that it now finds itself having to do in order to succeed.

The CD-i is an extreme example, though.

Also, since Nintendo is looking to merging new companies and also expanding their character licensing, maybe they are somehow going to expand their video game business, but who knows?

You know, situations like this are the main reason why I avoid topics like this.

Thrawn said:
Look! A newly released console with almost no games isn't doing well!

nintendo is doomed forever

sure seems like nintendo fans don't have a lot of faith

pretty hilarious actually

Thrawn said:
Look! A newly released console with almost no games isn't doing well!

Thanks for the post.

I have complete faith in the Wii U

Thrawn said:
Nintendo has been doomed forever when the Virtual Boy was released, so....

I lied.

They were doomed forever when the asteroid wiped out the dinosaurs.

Back