Which Brawl character(s) would you not mind getting cut?

^

• Ike

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Lucas

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Meta Knight

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • ROB

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Snake

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Wolf

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • DOH I MISSED

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters
Northern Verve said:
I understand why Snake and Wolf are pretty much the top 2 that people wouldn't mind seeing go. But I'm surprised that as of right now (Tied with Snake as of this post) Diddy Kong is also one of the characters that people are saying they wouldn't mind seeing cut. He seems the natural choice for the 2nd rep for the DK series, and he's even the expected reveal in February in anticipation of Tropical Freeze.

that really surprised me too, i thought he was one of the more popular brawl newcomers here

not like there's any chance at all of him actually being cut though

Wolf MUST return. I hate fighting as Star Fox characters because I don't like their style, but both Falco and Wolf are very important, famous and relevant in the world of Nintendo. I stand by the rule of "To be a playable fighter in Super Smash Bros. you must be a Nintendo star", and both are. That's why I think Rosalina doesn't really deserve her spot in the game YET. She's my second favorite character in the Mario universe but I think she's still too new. Maybe for Smash Bros. 5 if she keeps being treated as one of the main characters of the franchise like they have been treating her lately. Anyway, she's already in and I'm extremely happy.

R.O.B. and Master Game & Watch,.

ZSS should stay, actually she is a very strong character. Got a remarkably nice metor smash therefore can defeat opponents in few hits (Knock them away, Flip Jump and immediately attack as you become near your opponent),

I like Game & Watches random hammer thing.

Mr. Game & Watch is awesome and unique. He needs to stay

two time veteran, unique, represents an major part of nintendo's history, one of the easier characters to program (afaik)...yeah, g&w isn't going anywhere

Smasher said:
one of the easier characters to program (afaik)...

He is really easy to program. All of his recolors in Brawl are in one file, unlike other characters.

I didn't actually know that last part

Ganondorf said:
The whiteboard pic also had Game and Watch on it.

oh yeah, that too

Decided to do a small plus/minus thing with both threads. Positive numbers - the Character's votes in the Most missed thread. While negative numbers are the votes for the character in this thread. (Only using characters that are on both polls of course)

Wolf: 0 (7 + -7)
Meta Knight: 17 (19 + -2)
Ike: 8 (10 + -2)
Lucario: 4 (9 + -5)
Lucas: 4 (7 + -3)
ROB: 6 (10 + -4)
Snake: 5 (12 + -7)

I know it's not exactly equal yet with 35 voters in my thread and 21 in this one. But it does make it appearent just how split many people can be on any potential cuts. Particularly Snake's and Wolf's

good job, hopefully more people will vote for s more accurate census

also some characters are only on one poll or the other

Michell said:
also some characters are only on one poll or the other

Mainly because I don't essentially agree with putting people who are really obvious in any discussion for cutting. As much some people speculate that characters like Jigglypuff (or to a lesser extent Ness), any of the Melee characters that returned in Brawl (Besides Falco, and even then I find him more likely to return then Wolf), and any additional characters added to Mario subseries from Brawl have a chance to be cut. I think all of those are practically shoe-ins to return in some form or another.

I've removed Lucario from the poll since it's been revealed.

Also removed Zero Suit Samus and Pokemon Trainer since Charizard's back.

Back