Nintendo University

If there was a college that was called "Nintendo University" what courses would be taking?

I would so be taking these right now:

LOZ119: Zelda Theory I.
LOZ250: Zelda Orchestration
MAR120: Species in Mushroom Kingdom.
MET114: Technological advances in Metroid.
PIK201: Piklopedia I
PKMN151: Generation I Pokemon.
SSB215: Melee battle techniques.

What would be classes that you would be in?

AML (Animal Crossing)
DNK (Donkey Kong)
EXC (Excite Bike)
FEMB (Fire Emblem)
FZRO (F-Zero)
GOL (Golden Sun)
KIC (Kid Icarus)
KIR (Kirby)
LST (The Legendary Starfy)
LOZ (The Legend of Zelda)
MAR (Mario)
MET (Metroid)
GNW (Game and Watch)
MOT (Mother/EarthBound)
NIN (Nintendo-exclusive)
PIK (Pikmin)
PKMN (Pokemon)
PUN (Punch-out!!)
SFX (Star Fox)
SSB (Super Smash Bros.)
TET (Tetris)
WAR (Wario[Ware])
WRS (Wars series)
YSH (Yoshi)

Note: They used to have RARE classes, but unfortunately they stopped teaching it after Xbox university was opened.

i would be teaching the competitive pokemon battling class, and maybe the basic RTS strategy class too.

although i'm kind of out of practice with RTS, i need to get back into that genre.

also this should totally be a fiction. want to put together a collab, bmb? we could combo with a bunch of other authors so we don't have to work as hard there can be different perspectives and chapters would get updated fairly regularly

Thrawn said:
i would be teaching the competitive pokemon battling class, and maybe the basic RTS strategy class too.

although i'm kind of out of practice with RTS, i need to get back into that genre.

also this should totally be a fiction. want to put together a collab, bmb? we could combo with a bunch of other authors so we don't have to work as hard there can be different perspectives and chapters would get updated fairly regularly
That would be fantastic.

The Great Tongue said:
loz, ssb, mar, dnk, and ysh

You know how college classes work, right? Those arreviated name are just the field of studies. You tack on a 3 digit number to signify the specific class you want.

(BTW, LOZ119, LOZ 129, LOZ 219, LOZ 229 are all claimed. They are Zelda Theory I: Timeline to Ocarina of Time, Zelda Theory II: Fallen Hero Timeline, Zelda Theory III: Child Link Timeline, and Zelda IV: Adult Link Timeline)

Thrawn said:

That would be a lot of fun to make up a course content list. We can make goofy summaries of what the classes are about, what they teach, maybe some examples of the programs...

I'm not sure a full fledge story, but I think it would be fun to just make up classes and write little things for each one.

BTW, classes below 100 are no credit, and don't go down far. Classes don't go above 700 iirc correctly. The higher the number, the later in college it is (meaning that 300+ classes are usually for third-year students. 500+ are usually for grad school). No classes go at or below 000.

.......i'm a total idiot ignore me and that previous post

My seven:

LOZ112: Zelda Geography. You've got to know your way around
PKMN251: Generation II Pokémon. Gen II master race.
MAR282: The Koopalings. Master Mario bosses
WAR444: Comprehensive study of Wario Land 4. This will probably last more than one semester
YSH189: Yoshi Physiology. So much interesting things.
KIR321: Cooking with Kirby. And at the end, you eat it all....or Kirby beats you to it.
FEMB101: Fire Emblem Basics. I need it.

Not in uni yet, not sure this is how it goes but w/e this seems fun

WAR403 - Advanced Microgame Development I (it's a rather short class actually)
WAR401 - Marketing and Communications (be loud apparently)
WAR445 - Archaeology of the Mushroom Kingdom (it's a lot of temples filled with treasure and stuff)
MAR120 - Species of the Mushroom Kingdom (the evolution of Koopas rocks)
MAR103 - Power-ups and Items I (gotta learn those forms, new ones are being discovered every year or so)
MAR128 - History of the Mushroom Kingdom (it's a horrible class filled with conjecture and theories)
NIN707- Block Architecture (covers everything from Tetriminos to Pushmo puzzles)

Darn you DF I had WAR444 listed as number 3.

Postgrad students would all choose to write 30,000 word theses on why Melee is better than Brawl.

YSH186: The art of Flutter Kicks
YSH201: Review of 100-200
MAR323: Mastering autoscroll levels

That's it really. if i have the wrong numbers tell me.

I think I could attend this:

YSH156: Yoshis in animated television shows.

And if Nintendo University had an athletics program, maybe it should team up with Acme Looniversity and Perfecto Prep and have the three join a new Ivy League-esque conference.

I'd be too busy baby-sitting Baby Luigi for some good cash >_>

fantanoice said:
Postgrad students would all choose to write 30,000 word theses on why Melee is better than Brawl.

Lol, they would be writing a paper on why Brawl is better than Melee.

Also, YSH201 wouldn't be called that. And trust me, there is no goddamn way that one class could review all those classes. You would die.

Dracomon said:
Anna said:
fantanoice said:

Lol, they would be writing a paper on why Brawl is better than Melee.
What about a paper on how Project M is better than either?

I could write a bigger essay on how Brawl - is better than Project M

I'd take all of these
AML233 - Money Making
DNK107 - Barrel Dodging
KIR256 - Eating everything in sight
LOZ188 - Differences between Hyrule and Lorule
MAR392 - Speedruning
PKMN356 - Breeding for Egg moves, Shinies & IVs
SSB379 - Advanced tips
WAR106 - How to Wario Waft
YSH256 - Aiming Eggs

PKMN523 - Studying Eevee and it's evolution and possible theories on how this pokemon has multiple evolutions,

Back