What the flying freak is found in our food?

oh yes, I love Chinese food
my house is next to Hong's kitchen, best Chinese food in Nova Scotia, maybe the whole maritimes

perhaps we aren't thinking of the same by sit down restaurants, I'm thinking single location/small chain family restaurants with genuine made in kitchen food
swiss chalet, pizza delight, and the lot I wasn't considering, I suppose its possible they would have higher calories and such per serving, but also the servings would dozens of times the size so I'm undecided

and the eagle holiday, it generally coincides with the time(s) that eagles have had the most difficulty catching fish, I think it started as a sort of pity offering, and now its used for everything from eco tourism to studying the behavior of birds of prey over time with successive generations of food being given out

Well, small restaurants are usually better for you. I was talking about the big, chain sit-down restaurants such as Cheesecake Factory, Olive Garden, Chili's, etc.

those are practically fast food :P

I'm thinking of the more either local, or high end super fancy restaurants

Shoutmon said:
Doctor Walter Bishop said:
i don't have a complete understanding of it, but fish, and to a much greater extent, arthropods, have extremely limited nervous system and could never understand pain on the same levels a mammal could

can you prove that

no not at all not even in the tiniest bit

i believe i read it in some journal but for all you know it could have been scribbled on a bathroom wall

Michell said:
those are practically fast food :P

I'm thinking of the more either local, or high end super fancy restaurants

Those are fine. But as I said many times, food you prepared yourself is always the best

Michell said:
oh yes, I love Chinese food
my house is next to Hong's kitchen, best Chinese food in Nova Scotia, maybe the whole maritimes

perhaps we aren't thinking of the same by sit down restaurants, I'm thinking single location/small chain family restaurants with genuine made in kitchen food
swiss chalet, pizza delight, and the lot I wasn't considering, I suppose its possible they would have higher calories and such per serving, but also the servings would dozens of times the size so I'm undecided

and the eagle holiday, it generally coincides with the time(s) that eagles have had the most difficulty catching fish, I think it started as a sort of pity offering, and now its used for everything from eco tourism to studying the behavior of birds of prey over time with successive generations of food being given out
Those restaurants are generally better than those chain restaurants anyway. They don't drown their food in sauce, cream, salt, whatever, so you can actually taste the ingredients they put in. They are required to compete anyway.

I just hope eagles don't start depending on these chickens.

I've tried eating a Big Mac without anything on it. Just the patty. So salty.

the eagles have been dependent on the chickens for 50+ years now
its probably saved entire local populations at various points over the years

Giga12 said:

Yeah most of our sodium intake comes from added salt from processed foods. I wouldn't be surprised if salt appears in the ingredient list more than once. And even then, it's just the patty. No cheese, lettuce, etc.

Michell said:
the eagles have been dependent on the chickens for 50+ years now
its probably saved entire local populations at various points over the years

I like that news. What type of eagles are they anyway?

mainly bald eagles, thats why they were having trouble in winter, not enough fish
but of course, it also attracts falcons, hawks, gulls, shrikes, pheasants and most notoriously crows and ravens

Michell said:
most notoriously crows and ravens

Crowns and ravens are good animals; they're very intelligent and sophisticated birds. I think they're underappreciated.

they are most definitely amazing
it seems I gave the wrong impression
what happens is they steal the food from the eagles, and since they don't need it what with being able to catch rodents and alike, it gets annoying

corvids are truly spectacular and in fact the second smartest animal under humans is a corvid

There has to be a way to distract or deter corvids from the essential foods the bald eagles need.

The chickens did live a miserable life, but at least they aren't simply thrown away and are instead use to help other birds. I think the chicken thing can be an opportunity for birders since it attracts so much birds.

Giga12 said:

Most patties need help from their lettuce, tomato, and cheese friends, so...

By the way, doesn't a fast food burger taste different than a homemade burger?

it is a huge birder opportunity, people come from all over the maritimes to see it

here's an article on it

http://www.saltscapes.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=587&catid=21&Itemid=67

Back