Your Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS predictions!

I predict a Nintendo Direct this week, and that a new character will be announced then. Since this month's the 2-year anniversary of the release of Kid Icarus: Uprising, I'm going to guess Palutena will be announced...

Or maybe they'll mess with us and "announce" Yoshi then. :/

Actually, I'm confused, I assumed Nintendo Directs happen every other month since we didn't get one January, but I was told that was the exception, and there's actually a Nintendo Direct at least once a month, but THEN I was told that it WAS in face once every other month... Can anyone help clarify on that?

We got one in December, which was when Rosalina was revealed. We didn't get one in January, but we did get one in February, which was when Little Mac was revealed. We should expect a new Nintendo Direct in April, although I hope no more newcomers are revealed. I want to be surprised when I get the game.

Anser said:
We got one in December, which was when Rosalina was revealed. We didn't get one in January, but we did get one in February, which was when Little Mac was revealed. We should expect a new Nintendo Direct in April, although I hope no more newcomers are revealed. I want to be surprised when I get the game.
Well here's the thing, look at this archive:

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/archive/

There has been at least one Nintendo Direct a month for over a year, some even having two Nintendo Directs in a month, thought the extra one is to promote a particular game or something.

Again, it's possible that there won't be a Nintendo Direct this month, but then again, that's why I'm confused.

Anser said:
although I hope no more newcomers are revealed. I want to be surprised when I get the game.

I wouldn't count on that. You'll have to avoid Smash Bros. news or even internet altogether until the game released. And even then, you'd have no idea how to unlock the characters without specifically looking how you can unlock them unless someone happens to post a list of things that unlock characters but doesn't actually reveal what character they are. (Though some unlocks can be spoilers in themselves. Ex: Play through Classic Mode without losing a life as Mario (How you unlock Dr. Mario in Melee)) it's not a direct spoiler, but it's a clue that it's a Mario related character.)

Jim McGinn said:
Shy Guy Forever said:
I think Shy Guy will be playable.
I don't see it. He obviously wouldn't represent the Mario series seeing as he doesn't play that big a role in that series, and Kamek would be a better choice for the Yoshi series in my opinion.
Yeah, but I love Shy Guy, hence my name, Shy Guy Forever.

Certain Unlockables will only be unlockable in a specific version of the game and will require connecting a Wii U and a 3DS to get it on the other version to force people to get both version of the game to unlock everything and to get both Consoles.

3D Player 2004 said:
Certain Unlockables will only be unlockable in a specific version of the game and will require connecting a Wii U and a 3DS to get it on the other version to force people to get both version of the game to unlock everything and to get both Consoles.
I don't like that idea.
It means we would have to spend more money.

Shy Guy Forever said:
3D Player 2004 said:
I don't like that idea.
Duh, thats the point, if the developers force you to get both versions to unlock everything, people that want to unlock everything will have to spend the extra money to get both version.

3D Player 2004 said:
Shy Guy Forever said:
3D Player 2004 said:
I don't like that idea.
Duh, thats the point, if the developers force you to get both versions to unlock everything, people that want to unlock everything will have to spend the extra money to get both version.

i dunno if nintendo is that selfish outside of like pokemon

3D Player 2004 said:
Shy Guy Forever said:
3D Player 2004 said:
I don't like that idea.
If Nintendo decided to do THAT, I would start a petition and force them not to make you buy both versions.

Shy Guy Forever said:
3D Player 2004 said:
Shy Guy Forever said:
3D Player 2004 said:
I don't like that idea.
If Nintendo decided to do THAT, I would start a petition and force them not to make you buy both versions.

oh yes a petition, like those things where 99% fail.

yeah thats gonna stop em, watchout nintendo we're coming for you

Zae Roles said:
Shy Guy Forever said:
3D Player 2004 said:
Shy Guy Forever said:
3D Player 2004 said:
I don't like that idea.

Your being sarcastic, aren't you?

Shy Guy Forever said:
Zae Roles said:
Shy Guy Forever said:
3D Player 2004 said:
Shy Guy Forever said:
3D Player 2004 said:
I don't like that idea.

i was dead serious. what are you gonna do now mock me for siding with the impossible?

Zae Roles said:
Shy Guy Forever said:
Zae Roles said:
Shy Guy Forever said:
3D Player 2004 said:
Shy Guy Forever said:
3D Player 2004 said:
I don't like that idea.

i was dead serious. what are you gonna do now mock me for siding with the impossible?
Like I said before in another topic:
IT IS HARD TO TELL WITH TEXT

3DS Controls:
B: Attack
A: Special
Y: Smash
X: Jump
Control Stick: Move
D-Pad: Taunt
R: Grab
L: Shield

no it isnt

its called paying attention

i mean you got the messages right, didnt you?

3D Player 2004 said:
3DS Controls:
That works quite well. A may be jump though, it usually is in most games if I remember correctly.

Jim McGinn said:
3D Player 2004 said:
3DS Controls:
That works quite well. A may be jump though, it usually is in most games if I remember correctly.

well not according to smash bros controls.

a is normal attack, b is special and x/y are jump

although i think you mean a = jump in most games in general, not specifically for ssb games.

3D Player 2004 said:
3DS Controls:
Seems pretty decent. Then again, I am only going to buy the Wii U version...

A and B are inverted due to Button layout, similar to why Super Mario 64 DS switched the A and B button functions that were present in Super Mario 64.
Y is Smash because due to the way that the 3DS Control Stick works, it would be hard to push it and press a button at the same time so the obvious solution is to replace 1 of the 2 Jump buttons with a Smash Button.

Zae Roles said:

no it isnt

I don't like that attitude, because it really is hard to tell if someone is being sarcastic through just text. Some people just a have a consistently facetious attitude, not to mention, even if you're paying attention to someone, they can still be messing with you, and you'll be completely unaware since you don't know that person that well.

So please, try not to be that that rude/mean to a genuine, consistent problem with some people.

Maybe we should all write "BY THE WAY I WAS BEING SARCASTIC" after we type something sarcastic.

BY THE WAY I WAS BEING SARCASTIC

Smashgoom202 said:
Zae Roles said:

no it isnt

I don't like that attitude, because it really is hard to tell if someone is being sarcastic through just text. Some people just a have a consistently facetious attitude, not to mention, even if you're paying attention to someone, they can still be messing with you, and you'll be completely unaware since you don't know that person that well.

So please, try not to be that that rude/mean to a genuine, consistent problem with some people.

it wouldnt be so hard for people if they werent so filled with whatever serious tones they have, its not hard for someone to take notice of sarcasm, and the only reason people would have if they were being absolutely serious.

if a person with my low intelligence level can see through that, im sure about anyone can.

Plus im not gonna go out of my way just to change my personality for the convenience of someone else.

they either need to learn how they can identify sarcasm or not read my messages, its pretty simple.

Back