Am I the only one that does this?

chillv

9-Volt must be my video game counterpart.
I like to roleplay and come up with little games instead of actually fighting in a stage, especially with others around. Also, I like to make up some really cool rules when fighting. For example, a match where we use nothing but our final smashes, or an assist trophy only match, or a pokemon match (we can only play as pokemon and use pokeballs, and we can only play in a pokemon stage)

I've actually done a Pokéball only match with my siblings before. It's completely based on luck, but it's really fun.

Yeah, I did all kinds of wacky things like that.

One time me and my brother had a Captain Falcon match where we were only allowed to attack with forward air attacks. Not the greatest example, but it's a fairly memorable one.

nope

i hate roleplaying, kinda funny since rpgs are my favorite genre of games.

chillv said:
a pokemon match (we can only play as pokemon and use pokeballs, and we can only play in a pokemon stage)

I used to do this pretty often.

There are a few of these in the manual for Smash Bros. Melee.

For example, set the time to one minute, and pick Kongo Jungle. Then, play King of the Hill with the rock on the side of the stage.

oh man i remember pokemon-only 99 lives at pokemon stadium battles in melee

so much dumb, yet so much fun

I do a Flower Stamina Special Brawl with the only items being Heart Containers and Maxim Tomatoes. It's a race against the clock to find health items before you die.

I do matches in Giant Melee where I don't attack a Level 9 Captain Falcon at all and still win. 17 minutes in Yoshi's Island.

And I guess the Melee CPU is so stupid it just keeps trying to attack?

Dr. Javelin said:
oh man i remember pokemon-only 99 lives at pokemon stadium battles in melee

so much dumb, yet so much fun

Oh, I loved those. Me and my brother loved this.

In Brawl, I remember me and my brother played 99 stock free-for-all matches with the AI, but we all had 300% so deaths were often rapid and crazy. 'Twas also fun the madness the happened in those brawls.

PeskyPlumbers64 said:
Princess Zae said:
nope

At least it's better than NO ITEMS, FOX ONLY, FINAL DESTINATION!!!

roleplaying is more lame to me to be frank with you

although just fd, fox, and no items is really dumb too

I do whatever i feel like personally, as i dont like restricting myself in anything.

Might explain why i cant go easy on people in fighting games.

Ganondorf said:
PeskyPlumbers64 said:
Princess Zae said:
nope

At least it's better than NO ITEMS, FOX ONLY, FINAL DESTINATION!!!
Well, that's just like, your opinion man.

but fd is just like

the most boring level ever

should be fighting on that level that has kraid in the background, forgot what it was called.

Princess Zae said:
should be fighting on that level that has kraid in the background, forgot what it was called.

Brinstar Depths

Back