Regarding some suggestions for Smash Bros. characters on MiiVerse

chillv

9-Volt must be my video game counterpart.
Like seriously, these ideas may be weird or unlikely, but saying that they are stupid and shouldn't even be used is mean, especially considering most of these are by children (which believe it or not, things that you say to them during that time can really effect the way they view themselves, life, everyone and the way they act).

Even though most of these are not Nintendo characters or are very simple characters (or both), It's not like they are bad ideas. Sakurai already has proved that he can put the most simple or unlikely characters into a fighting game, even if they really don't belong there.

Also, it's not like it's that hard to get licensing. They did that with Pikmin 2 with the many treasures in that game, and I am pretty sure people were surprised to even see that in a Pikmin game.

I understand that they are mods, but that's the reason I think their should be an age restriction. It's impossible to be productive when there's an eight year old running in screaming about how he wants Shadow the Hedgehog.

and/or goku

Putting an age restriction on MiiVerse would not be fair since Nintendo appeals to people of all ages. Also, that's just your opinion and it doesn't really mean that much.

You make a fair good point... but...

When you have posts like these flooding the place...

20140107045746.png

It just makes me wanna scream "How do you get Goku hints from Saria being shown as a trophy?!"

Plot twist. Saria is actually Goku.

I think that may just be a sarcastic post making fun of the people who request Goku.

I hope.

You know, the best way to deal with this is to not take Miiverse seriously

Smaug said:
Baby Luigi said:
Done, what's the next step?

Well let me think about it...

I don't care if children make these suggestions. I remember when I was a child, I didn't even think of ridiculous suggestions like that

Another thing I want to add is, why are people getting worked up over something that CHILDREN are saying on MiiVerse. It is a waste of energy and there is nothing you can do about it.

Also, it is not just children that make silly posts and the like. Teens and adults do the same. MiiVerse is not a place where you should be expecting serious discussion. To be honest, you shouldn't be expecting serious discussion on the internet period. It is just not going to happen. There are cyberclowns all over the internet and people joke around on the internet all the time.

Also, trying to be productive on MiiVerse is not even worth your time. MiiVerse is not a forum. It is kind of a cross between twitter and a gaming forum, and it is impossible to be productive on something like that.

If want to be somewhere where you can be productive, I suggest being on somewhere like, well here, a gaming forum.

Leave the kids alone, let them have fun on and have their own views and opinions. That's all they are trying to do anyway. If you can't adapt to that, you shouldn't be in the presence of kids at all, even in real life.

Mario4Ever said:
chillv said:
Putting an age restriction on MiiVerse would not be fair.
chillv said:
that's just your opinion and it doesn't really mean that much.

;)

Um, that's not an opinion. That is a fact. Putting an age restriction when you are trying to appeal to all ages and families is not fair at all.

Baby Luigi said:
Smaug said:
Baby Luigi said:
Done, what's the next step?

Well let me think about it...

I don't care if children make these suggestions. I remember when I was a child, I didn't even think of ridiculous suggestions like that
I probably thought of crazy things. If I joined Miiverse when I was 9, I would probably suggest Blue from Blue's Clues.

chillv said:
Another thing I want to add is, why are people getting worked up over something that CHILDREN are saying on MiiVerse. It is a waste of energy and there is nothing you can do about it.

Because it's the Internet. I could say the same thing about me here making posts and wasting my time in general instead of being much more productive and actually having a paying job.

chillv said:
Also, it is not just children that make silly posts and the like. Teens and adults do the same. MiiVerse is not a place where you should be expecting serious discussion. To be honest, you shouldn't be expecting serious discussion on the internet period. It is just not going to happen. There are cyberclowns all over the internet and people joke around on the internet all the time.

I don't care if it's serious or not: ridiculous requests are still ridiculous and, of course, it's not just children, but the majority of posts come from children. And not all children think that either. You're thinking we generalize this. You're generalizing what you think we're generalizing.

chillv said:
Also, trying to be productive on MiiVerse is not even worth your time. MiiVerse is not a forum. It is kind of a cross between twitter and a gaming forum, and it is impossible to be productive on something like that.

So is posting here being productive too? I highly doubt it.

So why do we go here and there? I must know.

chillv said:
If want to be somewhere where you can be productive, I suggest being on somewhere like, well here, a gaming forum.

You're not being productive. In. A. ----ing. Game. Forum. PERIOD.

chillv said:
Leave the kids alone, let them have fun on and have their own views and opinions. That's all they are trying to do anyway. If you can't adapt to that, you shouldn't be in the presence of kids at all, even in real life.

No. We can express our views and opinions on their views and opinions. It's still a public place where anyone and everyone can post their two cents as long as it abides by the rules. Free speech ftw.

chillv said:
Um, that's not an opinion. That is a fact. Putting an age restriction when you are trying to appeal to all ages and families is not fair at all.

It's not a fact. Why? Because I can say it's totally fair to put an age restriction and it would still make sense.

If I say something of the contrary that's still true, it's an opinion.

Smaug said:
I probably thought of crazy things. If I joined Miiverse when I was 9, I would probably suggest Blue from Blue's Clues.

Well, I dunno if it applies to me. I was a Luigi nut at that age so I'll be, PUT LUIGI IN OR ELSE.

I was talking about productive as in serious discussion.

No. We can express our views and opinions on their views and opinions. It's still a public place where anyone and everyone can post their two cents as long as it abides by the rules. Free speech ftw.

I'm not saying that people shouldn't give their opinions about it, but saying rude things about them in the process is not right at all.

I still don't think that's being productive in the slightest. You can have a serious discussion about the most trival and petty things and still not go anywhere.

If you want to be productive, talking/arguing/debating to others on an online forum wherever it is isn't what you want to do. I know what being productive is: it's doing something that's beneficial to the community and other people will gain something out of it. This stuff isn't.

Hell, I'm taking my time off to post stuff here instead of creating things that will be helpful for others interested. I make sprites. I made some mods. I'm even supposed to be working on one right now. Even editing the wiki just for a comma mistake. That's being productive.

chillv said:
I'm not saying that people shouldn't give their opinions about it, but saying rude things about them in the process is not right at all.

As far as I'm concerned, disagreeing with opinions is not being rude, and people put etiquette last if they see something just utterly incomprehensible and illogical, such as some of the posts in Miiverse. That's perfectly normal.

chillv said:

what i'm wondering is why are YOU getting so worked up about this? to take your own words, it is a waste of energy and there is nothing you can do about it

if it really bugs you that much just try to ignore it or something idk

Back