Creepiest Mario Level/Area

That modded Donkey Kong Ghost Valley level in my Mario Kart Wii

And maybe the level with the HellValleySkyTree texture

Baby Luigi said:
That modded Donkey Kong Ghost Valley level in my Mario Kart Wii

And maybe the level with the HellValleySkyTree texture
Oh yeah, the HellValleySkyTree... When I saw it first, I was reluctant to go there again... And it is also in the Paragoomba section of the Grandmaster Galaxy...

I don't find any of them creepy, but I guess Luigi's Mansion and Ghost Houses qualify.

Thers a legend that in super mario galaxy 2 if you look up at the hill you see people staring at you. They are called Hell Valley Sky Trees.

Not a level, but the River Twygz of SPM is pretty creepy: featureless white hands attached to spines reaching out of nowhere to try and drown you, plus that weird distorted music at the bottom... It's awesome.

Walkazo said:
Not a level, but the River Twygz of SPM is pretty creepy: featureless white hands attached to spines reaching out of nowhere to try and drown you, plus that weird distorted music at the bottom... It's awesome.
I played through SPM for the first time a few months ago. It was a creepy surprise. It didn't scare me, but the whole idea of it was creepy.

Does Wario count, because if so, Doodle Woods in Wario Land 4 used to scare me to death. I don't know why anymore, probably the music and the pig sound effects, but I always had to turn the volume off to play it.

Bessie Bass's Battleship. The thought that someone designed that level with the intent to have it experienced by other human beings honestly disturbs me.

Walkazo said:
I was just gonna say this but I couldn't remember the name of it.

ernesth100 said:
Thers a legend that in super mario galaxy 2 if you look up at the hill you see people staring at you. They are called Hell Valley Sky Trees.

That's not a legend, it's a fact

Luigi's Mansion the part where you blow up the moon to get the star. I don't know why but that creeps me out for some reason...

Smaug said:
Does Wario count, because if so, Doodle Woods in Wario Land 4 used to scare me to death. I don't know why anymore, probably the music and the pig sound effects, but I always had to turn the volume off to play it.

Yes, Wario is a sub-series (you could call it that) of Mario.

the reason i'm saying the first ghost house in new super mario bros. for the ds (i was in grade 2) is because all the boos scared me and i cried. other than that, no scary levels.

one of the first few levels of the water world in smb3.

It's all because of that big cheep cheep that jumps and eats you, scared me so horribly bad as a kid.

also that sand bird in sms was pretty terrifying. Being afraid of flying and heights probably didnt help but lol.

This topic cannot get this far without mention of that man-eating piano

Baby Luigi said:
This topic cannot get this far without mention of that man-eating piano
this^

like why did that thing exist

Back