Hyrule Warriors

GalacticPetey said:
Claus said:
So, here's the new character for the TP DLC pack:

True Form Midna, who will use a Mirror of Twilight attack in her arsenal
Meh.
I was about to respond with meh too until you beat me to it.

Still holding out for Tingle by the time I get this game.

Hopefully he's in the Majora's Mask pack along with Skull Kid. :-X

well one more reason for me to get this game.

Yay true form midna.

Claus said:
Oh god, I just remember...Team Ninja.

God only knows what they did to her...

dat fanservice

not that i am complaining

Claus said:

There's a screenshot of her from behind that you can find if you search for it, she still has her full robe so if anything, they will probably keep her as is or make her less revealing. The latter seems unlikely.

Claus said:

I feel like that's the reason they included her in the first place.

ea4060d77e2fc6d6d8d4b7917fc21070.jpg

Found it.

Like I said, her design is already pretty revealing from the front and she definitely has the large robe still so there's not much they can do to 'team ninja' her that isn't already done for them.

I really doubt the reason they choose characters from their games is whether they are sexy or not lol the only other TP character I can think of being playable is Hero's Shade and he would work as a Link costume tbh (that might even be what the 'make you go wow' costume for link is). Midna had two weapons in one of the early shots of her character select so maybe it was supposed to be the mirror of twilight but they held back to create a Twili Midna character instead. Who knows.

My only gripe is that this makes four TP characters while SS and OoT only have two each. Majora's Mask pack might remedy the OoT part, SS gets left to die. They should really put Groose in, rename everything to grooseland.

If Hyrule Warriors 2 becomes a thing, I think we'll see plenty of characters that should have been in.

Saria, Nabooru, Groose, Demise, etc.

...I can't....

l_546eeb1650a8d3wfo9-2__banner-auto-cropping.jpg

...I just can't....

Also, Zelda has an Ilia outfit, and Zelda can now use the Dominion Rod, while True Form Midna uses the Mirror of Twilight.

I wonder if they'll release those link/zelda/Ganondorf costumes that you could get for buying at different places eventually.

I remember reading they would be purchasable in the future but I'm just curious when that will be.

It's only Link and True Midna that are pretty dang bare. The other two are fine.

tbh I like the recolours you get from the adventure maps more than the new costumes. Ghirahim has a damaged self version that looks really neat, I think it makes him lose the cape too which is a nice bonus.

Not much you can do about some characters looking bare in places. The postman looks like that in TP and Twili Midna is a recreation of how she appeared in the ending of TP. I prefer this than tampering with them when it's not necessary.

Eh, Postman Link and Twili Midna look fine to me, but I'm not really feeling Ilia Zelda.

The Pre-order bonuses (OoT, TP and SS costumes) have been available for purchase for a while I guess, I just saw them today. Four packs, three containing Link + Zelda for one of the games and the fourth having both Ganondorf ones. All together it costs $5.20 AUD, each pack being $1.30.

I heard the Twilight Princess Map is really difficult because enemies destroy your health bar easily making the A Rank medals hard to get unless you take no damage at all.

Ok, just got this game. It's fun and I completed the first four levels. My favorite playstyle right now is Impa's and my least favorite is Link with the Magic Rod.

I have a few questions to those who played this game though:

1) How do you get the best versions of each weapon. I heard each weapon has like three different versions. You start with the standard version, then there's a better version of that, and finally the best version of that. Also, do characters like Midna and Agitha have more than one weapon (afaik, Midna only had the Shackle and Agitha only had the Parasol)?

2) I'm still kinda lost on the Smithy mechanic. How does it work exactly?

3) What do you get from doing Adventure mode? Is it significant stuff?

4) For gaining levels, is there something significant about it? Slightly stronger?

1) Some weapons get their second version during Legend Mode but every other weapon will get their third variant and (most of the time) second variants from Adventure Mode. You can get the 8-bit weapons in DLC maps besides the Hylian Sword one. Most characters only have one weapon, while Link has a shit ton, Zelda has 2 (+1 counting DLC), Impa has 2 and Lana has 3.

2) IIRC you choose a weapon to gain the bonus effect, then choose the weapon you take the bonus effect from, combine the two to create a weapon that is exactly the same as the first but now also has the effect chosen from the second weapon.

3) Adventure Mode makes up a significant portion of the game, more than Legend Mode by a long shot. Not doing Adventure Mode is not playing even half the game. You get better (2nd and 3rd) versions of weapons, four characters, heart pieces and new weapons for Link/Zelda/Lana/Impa for doing it. DLC Adventure Maps give you the 8-bit weapons (on par with Lv.3 weapons but with more effect slots) and palette swaps for every character. Though I won't lie, even if it makes up the majority of the game, it can be tedious.

4) Levels give you more power, more heart containers and slightly boost your defense to attacks. If you're going to take on the harder parts of the game (Twilight Princess Adventure Map, Hero Difficulty) then you're going to need to be really high level. I think the cap is currently 150 but it could rise with the next DLC pack.

I thought Adventure Mode was just a bonus mode but it has so much content it's ridiculous.

Ok, some of the Adventure Mode challenges are such bullshit, especially those "quiz" ones. I thought it would be a fun little thing, but nope, they lock you in a small room and there's two characters/enemies after you, but you can only kill one of them. It's so dumb, specifically the one with Midna. I need to grind for a higher level with her :V

Also, your troops are useless. I had to restart that death mountain mission three times because my troops couldn't fucking hold down the boulder forts for longer than 3 seconds before the enemies attacked the base. The Sealing Grounds mission was also kinda ass.

On a side note, the Spinner is OP. Probably Link's best weapon, which is hilarious because I thought it was the joke weapon. The Magic Rod should be the joke weapon, it's bad.

Back