Fashion Discussion / Advice / Whatever Thread

fantanoice

I can see through time
Pronouns
She / They
So, I'm going to presume that the majority of us live in cultures where you need to wear clothing so lets discuss it. :P

As for styles I like, I'm really interested in Korean fashion, particularly those found in K-pop. I just love the patterns and colours, they just look like so much fun. I prefer it over American because as of late, they've been mostly about wearing the least amount of clothes you can, not about wearing nice clothes.

This video (Reason To Become A Witch by NS Yoon-G) for instance, has a number of pretty outfits I like:

Obviously these people have stylists and stuff so you can never look completely like them, but you can always use it for ideas and stuff. For instance, I love the patterns on the outfit at 0:20 of that video, but obviously there are reasons why I couldn't wear it as is. The two main ones are a) the spikes, lol (though they look badass), and b) the stripes on the bottom half, mainly because I have short, chubby legs that wouldn't pull it off very well. However, I could probably use the top half, especially the stripes around her waist, mainly because my waist is the narrowest part of my body and directs eyes to the top half of me, which balances out my not-amazing lugz. It's all just visual composition, really. :P

So yeah.

Discuss~

PS: There's nothing wrong with males wanting to look nice, so don't be shy. :P

I am a bit to the formal side.
For me, being formal and tidy shows respect to the others.
Basically jeans and blouse are my types, and I don't like to wear dresses and skirts.
When I saw people wear dresses, I feel it is so beautiful. But I know I will be dumb when wearing it.
For skirts, no. I just feel not well when having them. I am not shy to show my legs. This. But it just feel weird when wearing them. I don't wear shorts too except when I am going to sleep.

I wear nothing but sweat pants and T-shirts and I consider it a form of deconstructionism.
I fully understand which colours do and don't go well together but choose to ignore them.

I usually wear woolly sweaters when it's cold. Otherwise I wear shirts. Also I usually wear jeans. When I go outside I wear a trenchcoat and mocasins.

Smg2daisy said:
I am a bit to the formal side.
For me, being formal and tidy shows respect to the others.
Basically jeans and blouse are my types, and I don't like to wear dresses and skirts.
When I saw people wear dresses, I feel it is so beautiful. But I know I will be dumb when wearing it.
For skirts, no. I just feel not well when having them. I am not shy to show my legs. This. But it just feel weird when wearing them. I don't wear shorts too except when I am going to sleep.
I'm kinda similar. I don't remember the last time I wore a skirt and only wear a dress in super-formal occasions. I still think it is important to look neat and tidy, just to be respectful. The exception to this rule is when I go to Uni I honestly can't be bothered and usually just wear whatever I pull out of my drawer.

Though I do wear shorts in summer because it gets really hot here.

Tracksuit Pants. T-Shirt. Hoodie. Bam, my entire wardrobe. Black and Red only. No Items, Final Destination

All my bottoms are Black/Grey/Navy Tracksuit Pants.
My Shirts vary, Black/Grey/Red usually, I think I have blue and green shirts in there, only one of each though.
I have three hoodies to swap around with. Two are Black. The other is Red with Grey sleeves.

Dark colours and Red. That is my colour scheme and I am completely okay with it. I have shorts but I never wear them, even in unbearable heat, I will always default to pants. That is all.

Oh man, you sound like my brother who is a dang lecturer but still refuses to wear anything but trackpants despite what I tell him. :-\ I mean, they're great for doing exercise and lounging around, but they're so informal and the epitome of lazy dressing that you can't (or at least shouldn't) wear them on a date, work, or anything more formal than casually hangout at your mate's house.

Like, if you want plain coloured pants that aren't jeans then there are always dress pants which look a million times nicer and fit people's shapes so much better (provided you get the right size).

there are only two good things about winter, one being snow which we don't get in my city and the other being scaaaaaaarves

I love scarves so much

also hats, but everyone knows that already

Scaaaarveeeees < 3

I'm not really a hat person. I have no idea what kinds of hats look good on me, and I can never find a time to wear them.

usually I just wear any t-shirts I happen to own, blue jeans, and a hat

also I despise wearing shorts

I live in jeans.
I have blue jeans, black jeans some burgundy jeans and cropped jeans and I love them, they are just so adaptable.
I try to keep my casual-ish but I do try to give it a goth/punk twist and I like wearing purple and black as they are my favorite colours. I hate patterned leggings, they are really unflattering imo. I like nice t-shirts and cardigans and I also like wooly jumpers.
I also love dressing up nice for occasions and own a ton of nice tops/dresses and skirts.
Also footwear: I own tons of shoes in all differant styles- DM's, converse, trainers, heels, pumps, sandals, walking boots and even army boots(which I wore to school last year when it was really snowy lol)

My fashion sense depends on my mood. Sometimes I want to wear something girly (very rare), sometimes I want to wear something tomboyish.

Normally I don't wear skirts or dresses though. They're fun to twirl in, but I always feel like I'm not wearing pants, even when I wear leggings or shorts underneath. I usually wear jeans or just a pair of sweatpants.

As for tops, I usually wear bright colors or something cute. Just not pink. Pink looks terrible on me.

Len Kagamine said:
Normally I don't wear skirts or dresses though. They're fun to twirl in, but I always feel like I'm not wearing pants, even when I wear leggings or shorts underneath. I usually wear jeans or just a pair of sweatpants.
If you don't feel like you're wearing pants, try wearing pants underneath.
Kinda like the Railgun.

just making sure

people here can be rather naive sometimes

also that gif is awesome and thank you for posting it

Normally I wear dark colored shirts ranging from black, gray, navy blue, olive green, and purple. I'm not a fan of bright colors too so you won't ever see me in those to often. The brightest colored shirt I own is red. Sometimes I wear a black jean jacket adorned with buttons over my shirt

I follow the same basis for my pants too. They're either gray or dark shades of blue or just plain jet black. Some of my pants are ripped too.
I absolutely despises dresses. The only times you'll ever see me in those hideous confinements is prom, graduations, and my wedding.

As for shoes I mainly wear black biker short cut boots or black/green converses

My jackets consists of either hoodies or leather jackets with buttons pinned to them.

Accessories: A sterling silver blue topaz promise ring on my left hand, a golden diamond ring on my right hand given to me from my sister since it was her birthstone, but it didn't fit her so she told me to hold on to it for some strange reason. I also wear a silver necklace with a heart and key charm on it. On my wrists sometimes I'd wear spiked chains bracelets. I rarely change my earrings since I have four piercings on each ear and finding matching earrings is a bitch especially when clarie's sells them for too much. I had fingerless leather gloves, but unfortunately I misplaced them

Thinking about getting my nose pierced with a stud.

LakantatheQlaus said:
I'm like, open wardrope, fetch whatever is on top, and put it on.

This. I honestly don't give that much of a damn about fashion

I wear Mario shirts and leggings frequently.

Back